Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
martinca_gw

Baby Shower Fall Decor Conundrum. Advise Please!

I've hosted many a baby shower, though never in autumn, and one coming up is the end of this month. Just began my usual ( favorite season) decorating, and suddenly wondered if my dining room buffet will look
inappropriate in its usual finery. The pic is my decor at a friends house. Mine would be larger , but that's the idea. The baby is a girl, which adds to the problem. Pink and autumn don't work. I could tuck some baby- cuteness in among the pine cones...ideas? Or,If I put this arrangement elsewhere for that day, what, other than pinky things, can you suggest ? The rest of house will be decked out in autumn. Should I go all pink, etc. In dining room ( open to largish entry hall and living-room: all in autumn), or would it look really off?
I know, it really doesn't matter, but would love your opinions and ideas
TIA !!

Comments (10)

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    Original Author
    9 years ago

P.s . The centerpiece and table decor will be baby sweet, but not all pink. Another area to figure out. Will hang baby mobile from chandelier.

• User
    9 years ago

I see no reason for you to put some pink cuteness in with the pine cones or remove your fall decor. But then I'm not one that goes overboard on decorating for a party either. I only do the colors in the items needed for the party and leave my home decor alone.

• User
    9 years ago

If it were me hosting, I'd probably put the fall stuff at the part area away for the day. I'd have a hard time visually working around fall decor with baby stuff in the same area, iykwim.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

I think pink, brown and orange absolutely work!

Google "pink brown and orange tablescape"

• lv_r_golden
    9 years ago

I was just looking around for baby boy shower ideas and favors and thought these were kind of sweet for a 'fall theme' or "our little pumpkin theme"......easily adaptable to any color ribbon.....I would go with satin ribbon with the burlap, seems softer......it doesn't work for what I am doing but who doesn't love mini-pumpkins?!?

Search on Pinterest, there are many ideas even and color schemes.......

Here is a link that might be useful:

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Shee, yes i do kwym, and just might do that. Just gottabe, I'm not big on the party balloons/ streamers kind of thing either, but this fall decor seems just off. MTN, your pic inspired me to find this photo of my fav roses: pink and apricot together. I may even have some blooming then. Think I'll just use my white table cloth and scatter baby pink thingies ( confetti sort of) , flower bowl of rose, pinks and oranges, and baby's breath...natch.
    Thanks all! You got me thinking just how this will work. I'll post pic after. Love this fab forum!
    Gratefully ( again!) marti

• User
    9 years ago

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with Martinca. Those flowers are gorgeous!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Use all baby things: acorns, baby punkins with bows tied around the stem in the color of the baby gender, if you know it, or both pink and blue if you don't.

• tuesday_2008
    9 years ago

My DD just recently did a one year old baby girl birthday party using a cute "woodland" theme featuring owls, birds, etc in pastels (blues, greens, pinks, yellows). It turned out very girly. She picked up some odds and ends at Party City and Hobby Lobby, ordered some things (paper products and cutler) that coordinated with it from Oriental Traders. It was VERY CUTE and could be used for a baby shower.

DD has a talent for mixing and matching - she threw in some of those "gawdy" paper lanterns in solids, some coordinating polka dot balloons, etc and created a beautiful party for baby girl.

Here is a link that might be useful: Woodland Owl party examples

• luckygal
    9 years ago

Is there a reason you think you need to use a lot of pink?

Pink and orange can work well together.

See below link.

Here is a link that might be useful: fall baby shower decorations

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County