Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
olychick2

Buyer beware!

Olychick
10 years ago

I was originally going to post about some unusual customer service (great) that I received for an online order. I just had a new closet built and wanted to purchase matching wooden hangers for all my clothes. Looked locally and everything was made in china. I looked online and found a company selling MADE IN USA wood hangers. Beautiful! I ordered a couple hundred of them and before they even arrived, I received a hand written thank you note from the owner of the business! Amazing, in this day and age, right?

Then the hangers arrived and all over the box is stamped Made in China! I didn't even open it and just called them. Some song and dance about they were out of stock on the advertised items, so sent these instead. Supposedly they are sending a postage paid label for me to mail them back. We'll see. I am SO disappointed, mostly because I thought it was such a great find, an old fashioned small business selling USA goods, who appreciates their customers, etc. Now I'll feel cautious about anything advertised as made in USA - maybe it's a new ploy to pass of Chinese made goods. Ugh.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
Award-Winning Interior Designer in Loudoun County | 12x Best of Houzz