Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kswl2

Just Got My IPhone 6+ and Love at First Use!

kswl2
9 years ago

I've been using it for ten minutes and I love it already--- I can finally stop carrying around my mini air everywhere!

Comments (17)

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

That is good to hear! My not so sneaky DH got me one for Christmas I know. Is it odd to talk in to or do you mostly use a headset?

I am not sure I want to feel like I am back in the 80's with a big phone (unless I can bring my huge NJ Guidette girl hair with me). I know I will like the rest of it though.

• kswl2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Not awkward at all to talk on and BIG enough to see without reading glasses, yay!!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I carry my iPad mini everywhere and doubt if I replace my iPhone 4 with the new one that I will stop carrying it. I have to say I am not at all thrilled with my old iPhone but love my iPads.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    9 years ago

I got my 6 (not plus) in the mail the other day and I love mine too. I found the six to be a little too big and duplicative of the mini.

Are you able to use your 6+ one handed? That was my big concern, I wanted to use it one handed.

I'm absolutely adoring the new feature in ios 8 where I can have my phone "ring" on my computer and can make and receive calls from the computer. Now I can keep my phone plugged in in its charging station and do all my calling on the laptop since I almost always have that in the room where I'm sitting.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Beagle, I had no clue that the 6+ included that feature. That sure makes it more attractive to me. I am due for an upgrade on at least one of my devices so I am going to do some research.

• maire_cate
    9 years ago

DD and I are getting new phones and we looked at the new iPhone 6 and 6+. We both decided the 6+ was too large after holding one that was in a case. She finally decided that it was too large to fit in her pocket and ended up getting the Samsung Galaxy 5.

I'm still undecided about the iPhone 6.

• kswl2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I couldnt operate my iPhones 4 or 5 with one hand so the larger size isn't a hardship for me. No case yet but I will probably get the leather Book Book from Apple that I have for other phones and iPads. I'm sure it will take some getting used to as everything does, but so far the size is fantastic!

• chispa
    9 years ago

DH just got his yesterday ... I haven't heard any swearing ... so he must be happy so far! ;-)

• amj0517
    9 years ago

I have the 6 and am happy. I upgraded from a 4 and the larger size is noticeable. I have to stretch to reach the entire screen. DH got the plus... There is NO way I would be happy with it. Browsing the Internet is nice on it, but it's just too big imo for everyday use of texting and calling.

• kswl2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It is great for texting, the keyboard is awesomely large!

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    9 years ago

I always use talk-to-text on my iPhone. I am adjusting to the new feature where the words show up as you talk rather than all at the end. I think I liked it a little better when you just talked, hit done and then your whole message appeared...

• OllieJane
    9 years ago

kswl, so glad to hear you like the 6+! Mine is on order but not suppose to get until the first week of November. I cannot wait to get a larger phone so I can see better.

I ordered the Vaja leather cover for it a couple of weeks ago, and it is due about the same time my iphone 6+.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

I was at the apple store the other day and looked at both of them....and my preference would be for the 6...I tried typing on the 6+ and it was too awkward for me. Of course this will be a huge transition for me as I've only ever had a blackberry due to the keyboard.

I'm going to be upgrading my mac too...but I haven't decided yet if I need more than an air...I rarely travel and so could easily go larger for home use....

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

We've only had our 5s iphones almost a year but really like them, so our contract isn't up yet. Yeah, we could go ahead and purchase and probably get a good price on the 6's. But I can't see much difference in the 5s and the 6 except for the thickness so we'll probably just wait. I have an ipad mini so I'd probably not get the 6+ either. Too bulky for my pocket. Glad you are happy with yours, kswl.

• Happyladi
    9 years ago

I was on the fence but have ordered the 6+. I could never use the 5 one handed either so that not a problem. It's not that much wider than the 6, mostly it's longer.

• Happyladi
    9 years ago

I ordered mine at the beginning of the month and was told 3 or 4 weeks. Now I'm being told the middle of November.

This post was edited by happyladi on Fri, Oct 24, 14 at 18:16

• peytonroad
    9 years ago

Can anyone with the iphone 6 tell me?. Can you download an article to a pdf reader on your phone and enlarge(text reflow) the font, so that the whole page is on the screen? I mean I don't want to scroll back and forth for each line on the screen. Which pdf reader did you use? I hope this makes sense. I guess I am asking if it is like a Kindle page read?

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms