Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cth_1027

Floating Rice Paper Lanterns?

cth-1027
9 years ago

Hello,
I am someone who reads this forum quite often and am amazed at the amount of information and experience you all have.

I am looking for some information about floating rice paper lanterns. We will be celebrating my Mom's 90th birthday in a few weeks and I just had the thought of floating 90 of these lanterns in a pond that will be on the property of where the party is now being held.

Has anyone seen or done this? We recently went to a memorial ceremony at a local cemetery that allowed us to decorate the lanterns and float them on the pond. I know this is a tradition for both memorials and celebrations. Because it was an annual event, the cemetery has the lantern bases made for them but I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that I could purchase the bases and lantern covers? The ones I have seen on Amazon had not too great ratings and I certainly don't want a disaster!

I would greatly appreciate any info you could provide. I didn't get much info by searching GardenWeb - even in the wedding forum, so I thought I would ask as I know some of you have been to or hosted way more celebrations then I have.

I should have thought of this earlier and am not sure I can pull it off but I thought I would ask.

So grateful for your help.

Comments (2)