Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
justgotabme

My Pruging article is posted.

justgotabme
10 years ago

It's finally been posted. Yay! Thank you all so very much for the great tips which, as promised, I posted at the end of the article linked to below. I also posted it on Hometalk as per request of Home Spot's project manager.

This is copy from Hometalk:

Today my first article for HomeSpotHQ was published, but more important is it's my youngest birthday today. Happy birthday Sweetie! âÂÂ¥ I love you.

If your closet is like mine you'll find loads of "treasures". Things like out of date clothing not old enough to be cool, garments with price tags never being chosen to wear and in my case, even baby crib mattresses! Items that should have long hit the thrift store (but not the mattresses as I have plans for them) to find a home where they will be truly appreciated.

All of this can happen in just four easy steps.

1. Layout.

2. Try on.

3. Sort.

4. Put/take away.

For more details, and to make me very happy, please read more at the link below.

Comments (8)

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Do we get to see the link?

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Yes, share the link please!

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

Here it is.

Here is a link that might be useful: Purging Your Closet in Four Easy Steps

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Deb. I added the link, but forgot to name it so that must be why it didn't post.

• quilly
    10 years ago

Your best suggestion for me personally was to lay them out somewhere other than your bed - just in case you don't finish by bedtime! Now that the kids are gone I'll use one of their bedrooms- I just have to resist the urge to store things in their empty closets.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Great article! That's pretty much the way I went about it, although I have not been good about getting rid of the cast-offs in a timely manner. I finally took all my good business clothing to a library that is collecting clothes for a non-profit called Image and Attitude that provides business clothing for underprivileged women re-entering the workforce. It felt good to help out someone else.

I still have a pile of casual items to go to the thrift shop. I saved a few of the very best items to try my hand on selling on ebay, just for fun. Thank heavens I have a big bed in a guest room to hold all this stuff until it is gone.

I love knowing exactly what is in my closet and being able to put my hands on things without pawing my way through a tightly packed closet. As I get new items, I am trying to make myself continually purge.

I hope your article motivates others to get going on this project. Now I want you to write an article about how to manage five decades worth of family photos that have all been thrown in a big box!

Here is a link that might be useful: Image and Attitude

• ILoveRed
    10 years ago

Loved it!

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you quilly, dedtired, and redlover for reading my article. You can also comment there like you would a regular blog. I just noticed today they even have buttons to share or pin elsewhere. I have so much to learn yet.
    Besides the blog they have a wonderful home tracker/reminder feature for keeping track of basic tasks around your home and any projects you might have. I started using it and like it. It's free.

quilly, that one came from my experience this past spring when I did my first major purge. It made the job much worse than it had to be having to move things off the bed every night. After you do one major purge you'll know what can happen when you have too many and won't be tempted at all to buy more because you can use your children's closets for overflow.
    dedtired, I bet that did feel good! What a wonderful charity to donate to. Thanks for the link. It's a very good idea to continually purge. I plan on adding a bin right in the closet as LynnInNM mentioned so we can toss things as we see them in hopes of never having a major purge again. It wore me out!
    I'm loving your idea of organizing family photos. I'll most likely write something like that in the future as I've been working on our family photos whenever I get a chance to scan them.