Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deegw

Inaccurate quote (in the company's favor)

deegw
10 years ago

We have critters in our attic. Last week I got a free quote from our pest control company for an exclusion. I was told the job would take 4 to 5 hours and would be $450.. I thought the amount was reasonable especially since it involves crawling around the roofs and attics.

Well, the guy came to do the exclusion and was done in a little over an hour. I told him about quote and he said he didn't know why the sales guy thought it would take that long. It was all very cordial and I told the worker that I would call the sales guy and talk to him about it.

I called sales shortly after the job was done yesterday morning and have not heard back. I didn't leave a message, just my name and asked for a call back. I have not paid for the job. We do other business with the company for our bug service and termite inspections. and it has all been very professional. The sales guy usually calls me back quickly. Now my radar is pinging about the whole thing.

Am I in a bind because I agreed to amount or do you think I have a case for a price reduction? The quote has no mention of time, just the amount.

{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by deee on Fri, Oct 18, 13 at 11:31

Comments (2)