Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aniseb

I think I may be carrying this imaginary friends thing too far.

peaceofmind
10 years ago

I was just reading mtn's post about her master bathroom and she mentioned that she never wears dresses. I thought that was just a shame because she would look so cute in dresses. And then I remembered that I have no idea what she looks like. And if that isn't bad enough I realized that the mtn that I'm seeing in my mind is actually the lady who writes the blog Cote de Texas. And it is her voice I hear when I read mtn's posts. I think I need to get out more!

Comments (52)

• hhireno
    10 years ago

To help the rest of you out:
    I'm a tall, willowy, natural blond. I'm always impeccably dress for any occasion. I have a flawless, porcelain complexion and charming laugh lines, but no wrinkles. Children and pets are drawn to my warmth and comforting ways.

• awm03
    10 years ago

lol hhireno, you're just as I imagined! You were too modest to mention that your photos at charity events often appear in the NYTimes.

(This is starting to sound like the Most Interesting Man in the World commercials!)

• bestyears
    10 years ago

Since daughter's homecoming photos last night included some spontaneous pictures of the moms, I've had to revise my mental image of myself!!! Apparently I'm not a tall, svelte brunette... I'm a shrinking, plumpish, graying matron!!!!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

School pictures were taken on Friday. Let's not even go there. Suffice it to say that I asked if they might possibly have a soft image filter (meant to bring a nylon stocking with me, but forgot). And no, they didn't.

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

hhireno and sueb20 = twins separated at birth!

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

Cyn, Now that it's digital they can touch-up in post production.!!

What amazed me was the post attached.
    Before you all had houses(on the outside) just like the streets I grew-up on.
    Boy~
    The colors...
    the weather...
    the sizes...
    the pools and ponds...
    and mostly the views and scenery!!!
    I could never imagine such a diversity having never left where I am from...

By the way, you all look alike to me.....

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/msg0813592217791.html

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Not only do I not resemble hhireno and sueb20, I live in a brick box. Sigh.

• awm03
    10 years ago

lol, dedtired!

Well, I haven't a clue what anybody here looks like, nor do I care. I just see the vibrant personalities that come through in your posts.

• yayagal
    10 years ago

LOL I have to admit that I too have visions of what each person looks like. It's all good too.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

No need to wonder with me...I'm sure I posted my picture here before.

• hhireno
    10 years ago

Waddaya know, Annie does have a head. Your eyelashes are fabulous, what's your secret?

• ILoveRed
    10 years ago

And here I am. Gosh no wonder the young cashier at the grocery store mistook me for my son's grandmother, lol. Not the first time this has happened!

• ILoveRed
    10 years ago

Ha! Don't I wish. Does everyone know who this gorgeous silver maned gal is?

PS. Peaceofmind--your post was hilarious.

This post was edited by red_lover on Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 10:25

• awm03
    10 years ago

Oh AnnieD...I am laughing so hard from this thread.

Here is a link that might be useful: Serenade to Gene Tierney AnnieD

• awm03
    10 years ago

I stepped back from the laptop to take this selfie:

p.s. -- I'd be happy to be Emmy Lou too...

This post was edited by awm03 on Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 10:55

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

I think she's 62 in that photo...

• ILoveRed
    10 years ago

Claudette Colbert?? 62? Get outta town!

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

I'm sorry I didn't post fast enough....

The one you posted of Emmylou Harris.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Peace of mind, you are too funny! I didn't see this post right away or I would have cleared up the mystery!

Here is a link that might be useful: see attached

• peaceofmind
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, Mtn, that certainly cleared everything up. I'd missed that post. lol
    As for me, I look a lot like Kathy Bates without makeup.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Just to be clear, I do live in a brick box. Here's a photo.

• bestyears
    10 years ago

Okay, since everyone else is braving it, I will too.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    10 years ago

lol peaceofmind! My meager lunch of tuna salad and cold coffee is much tastier with all of you cracking me up.

Here's me busy, busy, busy

And my previous home. Wish I had known about this site when I lived there.

*Oh dear. I'm now cracking myself up with the absurdity of my pics. :)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

I am so sorry-off on another jaunt and not home at present, so can't post a photo of the house, but my traveling buddy and I did have our picture snapped by a passer-by...

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Awm.....aren't those lamps a little too matchy matchy? Lol.... And Dee....do tell...do you plan to move back to that house in January 2017? We'll all be here to help with the renos! BTW....I look like Audrey Hepburn..only thinner.........well, a girl can dream!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Cyn,

Please do bring some of those mahhhhvelous chairs for me, dahling.

(see my post in Discussions)

• awm03
    10 years ago

dedtired, your little summer cottage is charming! You must miss it when wintering in Palm Beach.

• suero
    10 years ago

It could be a portrait of me:

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Dedtired,

I'm so glad you posted. Is that a Frank Betz Plan? DH and I love that plan and we want to build one just likeit , only we want to use Hardieboard and not brick. Is yours a brick veneer? Maybe we could do brick veneer on just the top left corner. Plus by DH does'nt like all the dormers, and we have a height restriction so it can only be two stories. DH needs a 4 car garage, but our setbacks here are 15 feet, so it can be a side entry. What kind of garage doors do you have?

• Faron79
    10 years ago

I am now starting to REALLY worry about the Women posting here...;-)

Here is a video of my DW & I @ our 1st house...

Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: Faron's House....

• kiki_thinking
    10 years ago

This is the best photo of me anyone has ever taken. It's amazing what a good portrait lens and a skilled photographer can do. MRH (my royal highness) princess grace kiki

This post was edited by kiki_thinking on Tue, Oct 22, 13 at 11:17

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Okay, I'll join. This is me, just taken this morning.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

sueb, you are so brave to post a morning picture! This is what I typically look like in the a.m. pre-coffee...

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Um. Well now I'm offended, because that pic was me post-coffee, post-shower, post-makeup. And, I had just had my hair done.
    Thanks a lot, Annie.

And clearly you're one of those natural beauties who looks great without doing a thing, but I might recommend just a bit of moisturizer.

• peaceofmind
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We've gone from imaginary friends to imaginary selves. Loved the laughs this morning. I've decided to be Grace Kelly today.

• hhireno
    10 years ago

Speaking of Grace Kelly, there is an exhibit on her life at the Michener Museum in Doylestown. I plan to see it in November. Anyone else nearby Doylestown interested in seeing it? I know I have few IF living in the greater Philly area. Email me if you want to arrange to meet there.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

What can I say, sueb? Some days you're the dog...some days you're the hydrant.....

Moisturizer? Nah, I always thought it was a croc!

;)

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Mtnrd, it's a Playhouse by Peewee Herman. Hard to believe but that is actually Z-Brick. Who'da thunk it.

It is hard to say goodbye for the winter but I do enjoy my time in Palm Beach. My little getaway place on Ocean Drive is so cozy, with only seven full baths.

Here's a shot of me on the beach just a few years ago.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

HHIreno? Did we cover this before? My brother and sister and Mom are all in Doylestown! I grew up nearby,

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    10 years ago

And Dee....do tell...do you plan to move back to that house in January 2017

Yes joaniepoanie, yes I do. My campaign slogan:

Transforming spaces. Transforming Lives. Transforming America!

Here I am redesigning the room in my head - oval shaped rooms are so trendy!

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Deedee, you have my vote. BTW, I like you with your hair longer.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Dee--Now there's a campaign slogan I can get behind! I hope you take this oval space and make it more modern...looks a little stiff and stuffy to me. First design dilemma to ponder....how would someone sitting on the sofa reach that coffee table to set their cocktail down?

• maire_cate
    10 years ago

mtn - oh how quickly we forget ...you were wondering if we had the same brother :))

Doylestown came up last week in your thread about custom drape vs. RH. deeinohio recommended Village Workroom and I posted about visiting my brother and stopping in the Workroom.

hhireno - any idea when you might visit the Michener? The last time I went was to see the exhibit of Judith Leiber bags - but I think that was at the satellite in New Hope which is now closed. But I'm often in Bucks County.

Here is a link that might be useful: Custom drapery vs RH

• chispa
    10 years ago

maire, we know that the real Mtn has been abducted by a pop-of-color loving crazy woman, so not surprising that she "forgot" the conversation she didn't really have last week!

• lavender_lass
    10 years ago

LOL! Thank you all for a good laugh today...I needed it!

I used to be a princess, but it's been a rough year... {{gwi:1522889}}From Snow White album

• hhireno
    10 years ago

Mtn,
    I didn't know about your Dolyestown connection, I didn't see the thread Maire_cate mentioned. If you family is free on whatever day we do the museum, tell them to join us.
    :-)

Marie_cate,
    I don't know what day I'll be going. I'm just back (just 45 minutes ago) from HHI and have a trip to Dallas & Houston coming up soon. It won't be until mid November at the earliest. The exhibit runs until Jan 26th. If we get a group to meet, I'll post the date here in conversations in case anyone else is interested. Your brother is also welcome, even if he isn't Mtn's brother. Maybe they know each other.

Joaniepoanie,
    They are not suppose to being having cocktails in the particular room, there are other rooms for that. It's not Mad Men. They need to be focused and on their game in there.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

HH---ha ha ....I was being sarcastic about the cocktail...but not about the coffee table plunked in the middle too far for anyone sitting on the couch to reach. Just my opinion, but I think they could have gotten a better decorator/designer in there...and I know they get top people to do it...I think each presidency changes it up except for the desk and a few other pieces...I think the furnishings are rather ugly...just blah--the wall color, drapes, sofas, rug, etc..looks like the 60's, but not in a good Mad Men way.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Even the desks change, joanie. They have an assortment from which to choose!

Mtn, of course, my dear. Glad to do it. I am sure it will be no problem carrying them on the plane.

Ded, please share your workout regimen. I will start there-may need the name of a good surgeon for the rest! ;)

• Faron79
    10 years ago

Dedtired....

>> Wow!!

How do you keep your hair so neat at the beach...??!?!!?

;-)

Faron

• folkvictorian
    10 years ago

deleted

This post was edited by folkvictorian on Thu, Nov 14, 13 at 13:47