Tue, Oct 2, 12 at 10:45
|Thinking of signing up but I am wondering if anyone has first hand experience with these classes?|
|I have taken the Bar Method classes and variations on the classes. Key is light weights and incredibly small movements - you work the muscles to exhaustion, over and over. It's a great workout, but..... IMO is lacking a lot because you never work the muscles to their full extension. Think of how dancers workout, strengthening AND working every muscle through it's full range, then stretching. Bar Method misses that full range. As PART of a varied routine it's definitely worth doing, but I know women who do this exclusively and that's a very limited routine.|
|Thanks dlm- maybe the studio I go to will be different.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here