Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maire_cate

QVC today - Overdose on holiday decorations.

maire_cate
10 years ago

Flipping through the TV channels this morning I discovered QVC has 24 hours of holiday decorations. At the moment they're selling Luminara- which reminds me I need to call the window washers.

I'm not even ready for Halloween and all I do is decorate the front porch. I just started weeding out the summer annuals and cutting down the foliage on the peonies, daylilies and the vegetables.

Maire

Comments (8)

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

LOL! I'm right there with you. My wonderful Maximilian Sunflowers are all in bloom, the temps now are around 70-degrees during the day and 40 overnight, and our beautiful International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta and huge Fall art show are in full swing. This is my time to enjoy our glorious Autumn. I can NOT even begin to wrap my brain around buying, let alone looking at, anything Christmasy! In fact, today is my day to put up my Autumn decorations. Fun!
    Lynn

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

I'm on the flip side because I enjoy looking at Christmas decor all year long. Thinking about Christmas and all it entails is my happy thoughts subject.

• nanny2a
    10 years ago

ItâÂÂs only early October! I was just stunned yesterday to see that my next door neighbor, who goes all out for Christmas, had already put up all his outside Christmas strings of lights and they were all twinkling away last night!

• deegw
    10 years ago

The scary thing is that Thanksgiving is very late this year. If you want to avoid the Thanksgiving weekend shopping crowds the next shopping weekend will be December 7th!

• maire_cate
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lynn - Every year I look forward to the photos from the Hot Air Balloon festival. The colors are so sharp and clear you'd swear they were Photoshopped. My Mother is from NM and we used to drive there every other summer to visit relatives in Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Clovis and Fort Sumner. We used to swim in the Pecos River - all of 3' deep due to irrigation needs.

My DIL's father lives in Albuquerque and my son and his wife was supposed to go this year during the festival but he had to travel for work.

Fun2 - I love the holiday decorations too but I try to avoid them because I really just don't have room for any more - and it seems that every year I find something else to add to my decorations. Some day we'll downsize and I'll have a terrible time deciding what to keep.

Nanny - my neighbor puts his up in the fall too because the weather is so much nicer but at least he doesn't turn them on until Thanksgiving week.

Maire

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

Maire Cate, I have enough decorations, too, but I record the Valerie Parr Hill shows from QVC to get decorating ideas.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

We had temps in the 80'a through yesterday. I haven't even put the pumpkins on my fence yet. Today I walked into Macy's and the whole place is decorated for Christmas. Give me a break.

• User
    10 years ago

I confess....last weekend my mother and I went to Heeney in Atlanta and I bought LOT of new Christmas ribbons. They are too fabulous! Among my new treasures is a five inch cream and black ticking stripe, rolls of silk "Burberry" plaid ( not the real plaid but a dead ringer), an apple green velvet trimmed with red ball fringe on both edges, a rustic five inch brown and cream check, balls of boiled wool yarn in reds and greens, an embroidered white dressy ribbon, and several others. I was in ribbon heaven! Added to the new ornaments I bought in the Czech Republic and Germany, I cannot WAIT for Christmas. I've reserved our guy and two other helpers for the last week in November and am ready to go :-)