Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

"Beach Baby" nostalgia...

Faron79
9 years ago

Oh I used to LOOOOOOVVE this song!!!

This video is SO neat IMO!! All the retro-beachwear, cars, the SWIMSUITS!, etc.
This will sound so corny, but THIS big Viking gets all Romantic/Nostalgic when I hear/see songs like this!
I love the song itself too!

Goin' back in time....
Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: Beach-Baby...

Comments (7)

• Elraes Miller
    9 years ago

Faron...I loved it and memories abound with the pics. Two piece bathing suits were just showing up for me during that time. Although they were more like boy shorts and a tank top. And those cars, I loved hanging out with the guys who had them. You made my day as I watched/listened to a few more in my time and the 70s. Had a sad event 6 mos ago and haven't listened to music since then. A turning point to get out all my favorites again. Thanks, you never know who is going to be part of healing a piece of one's heart.

How is the leg going? My daughter wrapped her cane with wild color printed duct tape.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

TC-

Your comment was unexpectedly touching to me. I feel bad though that I may have reminded you of something sad?!
    I just always found that song to be kinda uplifting & just..."fun"! The old cars, fashions, & "summer-romance" stuff always clicked with me.
    Lol...some of the earlier Womens "beachwear" almost seemed...well..."Scandalous"!!!
    ;-)

Oh...my leg. See the new post I did here, about my "step up"!

Faron

• Elraes Miller
    9 years ago

I wanted you to know that one never knows when another may be touched by a simple action. You didn't make me sad, I felt it was another step forward and your post unexpectantly gave me that step. It is time to enjoy the great music again...and yes it is 60s,70s,80s.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

TC-

I hope & pray you'll have MANY more "steps forward"!!!

Say, did you enjoy the impossibly catchy "Windy" by The Association? This is kind of a pretty video to that song...

Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: Windy!

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Very nice to hear this one again; one I had almost forgotten about.

Faron, I almost didn't want to tell you because I know you can't really 'go' anywhere much yet. But at the end of our vacation, we were able to go to see The Eagles in concert last Saturday night. It was fantastic, especially Joe Walsh - introduced by Glenn Frey as 'the master-blaster on the Stratocaster' and man, did he deliver!! They played from 8 til 11:30 with only a short break. Next up, I just found out Fleetwood Mac added Nashville on their tour for March. Tickets are on sale soon.

BTW, glad to hear on the other post that you're doing so well with your PT!

• teacats
    9 years ago

Great video!! :)

And here is another one ..... does anyone remember drive-ins????

Turn it UP! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: The Hooters -- and We Danced

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

lol Outside!

That would've been a good concert fer-sher!
    I've always liked the Eagles, but I wouldn't have paid the $$$$ that they wanted when they were here a couple or so years back. Some friends mentioned that "I paid a lot of money to see those guys just sit on stools & sing...", in kind of a disappointed tone...

I know it's such a personal thing, but if I'm payin' a CHUNK of $$$, I like more of a SHOW!!
    You know...like cannons, flames, blood, explosions, DEAFening sound levels...;-)

Faron
    53, new knee, & still ROCKin'!!!