Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

SueB

mtnrdredux_gw
10 years ago

How many people for your NY trip? We stayed in a hotel we liked a lot for a girls trip, but it was just 2 adults and my 2 girls.

Comments (8)

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Four of us, 2 adults and 2 kids age 18 and 12.

I looked at several hotels last night online that were all booked, but now I have our travel agent working on it too. What's the hotel you liked? The last few times we went, we stayed at the Peninsula, the Intercontinental, and Hotel Giraffe (gotta love a hotel with that name). They're all booked for the weekend.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I know the Giraffe, part of the same group that has the Library, I think. Those two are always booked it seems.

We have stayed at the Mandarin and the Four Seasons (both wonderful but no bargains). I thought the London was nice, and very well priced for their suites, if you don't mind zero views. If you don't mind being downtown, the Ritz is a great value for the luxury, and super views. The rooms at the Plaza are surprisingly large for NYC (we once got two adjoining rooms with a very nice sort of "foyer").

Recently we stayed at Morgan's in midtown. The room we had would be a bit small I think, but my sister and i took my two girls and we loved it. I think it was called the balcony suite. It was on the corner on the 17th floor, with a fab view of the Empire State Building and a real, large terrace (for NYC) off both the LR and BR. It also had a separate, raised dining area with a brick wall and windows on two sides. The BA was teeny eeny but all and all, great views and space and terraces for like $750/nt. As you know, not bad for nyc.

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Ooh, and the Morgan has rooms! Mtn, when we have coffee, I'm buying :)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cool! Are you going? Did they have one of the corner balcony suites? I think our room was 1703 ... but you would probably want two rooms?

Oh, and, it is easy to miss ... not big signs out front ... intentionally, to keep the paparazzi at bay ; )

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Our travel agent actually made the reservation for us. I don't know where our rooms will be, but I'm not concerned because we never spend much time in the rooms (um, but it is supposed to be rainy, so I might eat those words).
    What I like is that they have rooms with twin beds, which is rare. So we can put the kids there and hopefully have an adjoining room for mom and dad. (We always request adjoining but sometimes it doesn't happen.) The price we got was $440 per room so I'm guessing we don't have the balconies.

Weather forecast looks iffy but we'll make the most of it.

I hope the paparazzi leaves us alone, this time. ;)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I hope you have a great time -- we may pass on the highway as we head up to Maine for our closing!

Two unsolicited casual dining ideas, both nearby. I really like Diginn, which is a farm to table "fast food" place, if that makes any sense. Also try Cambodian sandwich shop Num Pang, which is yummy and not as bizarre as it may sound, if you have never had Banh Mi.

http://www.diginn.com/home/

Here is a link that might be useful: cool casual and kid friendly

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I hope you have a great time -- we may pass on the highway as we head up to Maine for our closing!

Two unsolicited casual dining ideas, both nearby. I really like Diginn, which is a farm to table "fast food" place, if that makes any sense. Also try Cambodian sandwich shop Num Pang, which is yummy and not as bizarre as it may sound, if you have never had Banh Mi.

http://www.diginn.com/home/

Here is a link that might be useful: cool casual and kid friendly

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Thanks, mtn!

I'm glad my kids are old enough now that we don't have to go to Mars 2021 or whatever it was called....