Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

JUST above Freezing here in Fargo!

Faron79
9 years ago

Hi guys!
Brrrrr....been a couple chilly am's here in town.
* We're now @ 34, our supposed low for tonite.
* Lots of scattered 29's, 27's in the area too....Uffda!
* Yesterday, there were a lot of mid/upper 20's for lows in N-half of ND.

Pull up a blanket!!
Faron

Comments (11)

• oldfixer
    9 years ago

Blanket is up over the nose early this year.

• hhireno
    9 years ago

Oh my.

Note to self: if I ever visit ND, make sure it's well before October.

• jan_in_wisconsin
    9 years ago

Faron, same deal in northern Wisconsin! Brrr! Good thing we had our knees fixed before the snow and ice comes, although flurries have already started!

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

I think I need to rent a place up there for a few weeks each autumn while we go through the horrible Santa Ana weeks of extreme heat.

• chispa
    9 years ago

I'll keep my high 90's here in CA over any temperature below freezing!

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Chispa-
    I'd probably melt there!
    Isn't this heat unusual for you guys?

Fun2-
    Never thought of that...how hot do you get?

Yes...you 2 should come up here!
    NWS says mid-50's for us all week!

Faron

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

We've gotten into the 90's which doesn't seem that hot to some, but we don't have air conditioning, so it can feel pretty miserable. The good thing is that we usually cool down overnight by about 20 degrees, so sleeping is possible, just a bit uncomfortable.

I agree with Chispa, though, I'd rather have a few hot days than months of snow and below freezing temperatures. I lived for a few years in a place that had snow and I sure hated shoveling the stuff. I would like to be one of those people who is able travel to the locations that have the perfect weather for them.

• gsciencechick
    9 years ago

I have a friend in WI and she had to do her run yesterday on the treadmill because it was snowing.

DH and I went to the NFL game. Beautiful day here in the Carolinas, but it did get to 38 overnight.

• bpath
    9 years ago

Faron, I have a lot of family from Fargo. The operative word there is FROM lol!

• chispa
    9 years ago

Faron, no the heat isn't unusual, the warmest months are Aug/Sept since we've been here around 4 years. I lived in the Northeast and skied in Vertmont many winters. You quickly get used to the weather here. The heat is nothing like the heat you feel in the summers on the east coast. No humidity makes such a big difference. You can go outside when it is 95+ and you won't be sweating like crazy unless you are actually doing physical labor outside. With dry heat here is always relief just by stepping into the shade, which does not happen in areas with humid heat. The weather IS the reason people stay in or move to CA.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

BPA-
    So.... what are you REALLY saying...? ;-)

Chispa-
    Ah....the humidity!
    Yes, if we get to 95 here, the humidity is almost always way up there. You sweat like a pig just walking...but it doesn't evaporate...icky!

Faron