Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_2007

Happy 50th SueB!

marlene_2007
9 years ago

I know I may be a day early, but I've been waiting about 7 years to wish you a Happy 50th Birthday (maybe not 7 years..but close :-)).

I know you have been celebrating all year (and would love to hear what you thought of Woodstock). I hope you continue to celebrate and having a wonderful, happy, healthy year!

Comments (46)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

Oh yes, it's this weekend! We want to see you in that great outfit "we" picked out for you.

PS I think we may have the same birthday or very close! Maybe we discussed this before ...

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Many happy returns of the day, Sueb20!

• ellendi
    9 years ago

Best wishes for this milestone birthday!

• hhireno
    9 years ago

~Clink~ Here's to the next 50 years! May they be happy and healthy.

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Cheers and Happy Birthday Sueb. May you have a wonderful, healthy next 50 too!

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Awwww....I just saw this! Thank you!! Yes, it is Saturday. I feel like I'm getting married or something. My three BFFs have been helping DH so I've started calling them the bridesmaids. I know a couple things about the party but apparently there are a few surprises in store. (He let one cat out of the bag yesterday -- he said "the photo booth will be fun....") I'm extremely lucky to have a DH who loves a party, and really fun friends. DH has hired a bus to take the friends who live in our neighborhood (almost 1/2 the party) there, so people don't have to drink and drive. Isn't he smart?

During the day I'm going to a spa with 3 friends for massage, mani and pedi.

Woodstock was great. We had perfect weather, loved the spa, ended up at Bentleys on Sat. night dancing with the locals. We had a lot of laughs. We had a great dinner at Simon Pearce and we loved our waitress -- she even sat at our table and and someone take a picture of all of us.

It's been an interesting week in many ways. Yesterday was the 20th anniversary of my mother's death, and she was only 55. So I've always had funny feelings about turning 50 because I've been afraid I'd follow in her footsteps. But my life is so much different from hers and so is my health and my state of mind, so I feel pretty optimistic that I'll see 60!

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Mtn, when is your birthday?

BTW I ended up deciding to wear the black and white polka dot dress that was the first one I bought. Not the pink. I had several friends plus DH vote, and it was almost unanimous that the b&w was the most "me." Best part is that it doesn't require the wearing of spanx...and I already have shoes that work!

• melsouth
    9 years ago

Happy birthday, sueb!
    ðÂÂÂðÂÂÂðÂÂÂðÂÂÂðÂÂÂ

• Sheeisback_GW
    9 years ago

Hope you have a great birthday weekend!!

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Good call, Sue, I'd wear a burlap sack if it meant no spanx!

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

SueB....It sounds like you are going to have a great birthday...I hope you enjoy every minute!

Mtnrdredux .....happy birthday to you too!

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Happy Birthday! I don't know you personally but always good to wish someone a HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 U!!!

• tinam61
    9 years ago

Have a great one! Enjoy the festivities!!

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago
  • Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Enjoy! The 2nd half century is always the best!

• funkyart
    9 years ago

Aha, Sue.. everything sounds wonderful! I have loved hearing about all the pre-celebrations and I am eager to hear about the surprises! It's so clear that your family and circle of friends share your fun spirit and love of life.. and that you are much loved. Enjoy every minute!

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

Happy Birthday Sueb!

• Bethpen
    9 years ago

YAY Sue! A dress that doesn't require Spanx is a good dress indeed.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

• OllieJane
    9 years ago

Sounds like so much fun! Happy Birthday!

• fourkids4us
    9 years ago

Happy Birthday, Sue. Hope you have a fantastic celebration tomorrow night!

• Faron79
    9 years ago

HAPPY 50th to my favorite Four-Seasons Lady!!!!

My 53rd was just a couple days ago...9-16!!!

>>> You ARE going to FS-Maui aren't you?!?!?

;-)

Faron

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Faron -- next summer! DH and I are going (w/ kids) for our 25th anniversary.

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

BTW thank you all. It's been so fun to see all these Happy Birthdays!

And Funky...you are so sweet. Thank you.

• Faron79
    9 years ago

Sue-
    I'm so happy for you guys!
    I hope you love it as much as I did!!

Faron

• lyfia
    9 years ago

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you will have a wonderful day and night.

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

Happy birthday SueB !! can't wait to hear about the party !!

I'm glad you posted your dress choice, I was going to ask.

• deegw
    9 years ago

Happy Happy Birthday! Looking forward to a full party report. Should we all meet at Starbucks for coffee on Monday?

Faron - Happy belated to you too. We are glad you like to hang out with decorating crew.

• gsciencechick
    9 years ago

Have a great day, SueB!

• teacats
    9 years ago

Many Happiest Returns of the Day!!! :)

Hope your party was simply wonderful (and you took some photos!! LOL!)

• texanjana
    9 years ago

Happy Birthday, SueB! Hope you have a wonderful time.

• Faron79
    9 years ago

Sue-
    Wish I could meet-up with your family @ the FS!!
    I'd even buy you a waaaaaayyyy-belated B-DAY drink at their "Lobby-Lounge" bar!

Faron

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Thank you all for the nice birthday wishes. I had a great day from beginning to end. In the morning, one of my best friends and her DH appeared at the front door with a huge basket of breakfast goodies, a tiara, fancy napkins, OJ and champagne, etc. So we had breakfast together. Then I went to a day spa with 3 friends for massages, manicures and pedicures. Around 6, neighbors arrived at our house for a pre-party toast, then a bus arrived to take us to the party venue. There were about 60 people at the party, along with a DJ and an amazing catering staff. It was so fun. DH is quite the party planner. There was a photo booth, too, and one of my friends who helped with planning had made 'name tag' stickers but instead of the usual blank space, each sticker had a silly photo of me -- lots of different ones -- so everyone was walking around with at least one sticker, some with lots of stickers. Let's see...oh, most of the party happened in a tent that was not your average tent. There were tables and chairs but also a couple of sofas, sort of a loungey atmosphere. That's where the dance floor was.

Even my almost-80 yo dad was on the dance floor.

DH had his camera so we do have some great pics. I'll find one to post when he gets a chance to move them onto the computer.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

What a wonderful celebration from beginning to end....can't wait to see the pics!

• Irish2
    9 years ago

Happy 50th Sueb!

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Ok so it wasn't easy to find a pic without a lot of photos of others who may not want their faces published here. But here's one. I'm in the polka dots ;)

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Sounds like a fun time. Lookin' good, SueB! Love your dress!

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Okay, this is the front view. Yup, someone brought me those glasses...and various people put stickers all over me. I have several on my back too...

This post was edited by sueb20 on Mon, Sep 22, 14 at 11:54

• deegw
    9 years ago

Too cute. The tent looks awesome Thanks for sharing with your imaginary friends.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Looks like great fun....love your polka-dots!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

What fun! The dress looks great and so do you!

• jmck_nc
    9 years ago

Great pics! Looks like so much fun and you look fabulous!

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Oh thanks...do you guys think I should wear those glasses all the time?

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

Ohh, umm , yes.

• marlene_2007
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Only at black tie events, Sue :-)

• funkyart
    9 years ago

Oh what fun! You look darling!

The question is not whether to wear the glasses all the time-- but rather what eye makeup to pair with them!

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure