Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

Uffda...12 hours from now...."The knee, Part II"!

Faron79
9 years ago

Yep...
Just found out today.
Have to check into hospital @ 7am tomorrow!
Scheduled to be taken back to surgery ~~ 9:30am.
Into recovery ~~ 11:30am.

......and then the rehab begins!!

In 1978, it was just an MCL-repair.
Now in 2014 - the whole enchilada!

Faron

Comments (19)

• texanjana
    9 years ago

Good luck, Faron. I will be thinking of you and praying that your surgery goes well and that your recovery is smooth.

This post was edited by texanjana on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 20:55

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks TJ!

Luv ya!
    Faron

• gsciencechick
    9 years ago

I will be thinking of you today, Faron!

• 2ajsmama
    9 years ago

You've left already but I'm sending "good vibrations" (cue Beach Boys) your way!

• tinam61
    9 years ago

Well darn, I'm just now seeing this and you are probably in surgery as I type. Sending good thoughts and saying a prayer for an easy, quick recovery. Keep us posted (when you're able). We'll miss you around here!

tina

• jan_in_wisconsin
    9 years ago

We're all thinking of you, Faron! You can do it!

• lizbeth-gardener
    9 years ago

If I'm calculating the time right, you have just been wheeled into surgery so won't read this till later. Hope all went well and you have a smooth rehab. I just visited with a friend yesterday who had this surgery last year. I asked her if she would do it again. She said yes, but you learn a lot from the first one, namely: when they say elevate, they mean leg higher elevation than head and DO all the PT/exercises, as boring as it gets! She is doing great-wishing the same for you!

• awm03
    9 years ago

Bison football is an excellent thing to think about while you are recovering and doing pt. Let them be your inspiration to get your knee & general fitness back. Go Bison, and Go Faron!
    Hope all goes well for you, buddy.

• lucillle
    9 years ago

Faron,

Thinking good thoughts for you and wishing you an easy surgery and quick recovery.

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

The GW Pep squad is cheering for you Faron and we all hope to hear soon that all went well and you are on the road to recovery and physical therapy.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

By now, your surgery is finished and you are already starting to heal! Hope they are taking extra special care of you and that you are feeling waaay better in no time.

• nanny2a
    9 years ago

IâÂÂm way late to this âÂÂget well soonâ party, but just wanted to chime in and wish you the best, Faron! Hope you have a speedy recovery and minimal down time. I had knee surgery over 48 years ago, to replace my kneecap and tibia tracular replacement, and when I hear stories like yours, always think IâÂÂm on borrowed time.

Fortunately, no problems in all these years, but I well remember the difficult, (then), recovery. Good to know that the surgery is so much more advanced now, and recovery time months and months less.

Take care and heal fast!

This post was edited by nanny2a on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 19:33

• marlene_2007
    9 years ago

Hoping for a smooth recovery, Faron!

• maddielee
    9 years ago

Hoping they have you up and moving! It's good for you-really.

Heal quickly.

ML

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

Good luck in your recovery !!

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    9 years ago

Good luck, Faron. Knees are a challenge. Hang in there and keep up your p.t. And your spirits!

• Bethpen
    9 years ago

Oh Faron, I hope you are doing well. I'm sure they have you up and moving. Wishing you a speedy recovery

• wearybuilder
    9 years ago

thinking about you too! thanks for your words of wisdom on my post about my knee problem! 1 day at a time...1 day at a time!

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Faron, Hope you are up and about and able to read some posts real soon. I'm quite sure it's painful, but hope your recovery is going smoothly and that you're doing well.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida