Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susie100_gw

Hamilton Beach FlexBrew coffee maker

susie100
9 years ago

Does anyone on this board own the newest model of the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew coffeemaker? If you do have one (or even the older model) would you mind giving your opinion on ease of use, quality of product, and quality/taste of the coffee it produces. Thinking about getting one but the Amazon reviews are all over the place. Thank you.

Comments (4)

• camlan
    9 years ago

There's one sitting on my kitchen counter as I type.

I mostly use the single-serve side. It comes with a little pod that you can fill with your own coffee, or you can use a K-cup. Cleaning the little pod is the thing I like least about using it, but it really isn't too bad. I just hate dealing with coffee grounds in general.

It took a few trials with the pod to figure out how much coffee to put in to get the strength I like, but after that, it has been smooth sailing. I did have to have the instruction booklet handy the first several times I used the single-serve side, as you have to use the pod, plus put the pod into the K-cup holder, and then put all of that into the coffee maker. Not something to try for the first time if you are in a rush in the morning.

There's an adjustable stand on the single-serve side that's a bit finicky to use. You need it if you aren't using a tall travel mug. Sometimes I get fed up with it and just put the mug on the base of the unit. A couple of drops of coffee might splash out as it drips, but that's about it.

I've only used the carafe side 2 or 3 times, when I had company, but it worked just fine.

I'd say if you are interested in it, check the store's return policy carefully before you buy, so you can return it if it doesn't work for you. Then read the instructions carefully and follow them. I think the complaints about weak coffee and grounds in the coffee on the single-serve side come from not using both the pod and the K-cup holder when using that side, if my experience is anything to go by.

• susie100
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you for your review, camlan; I will most likely buy it after, as you suggested, looking into the selected store's return policy.

• jlj48
    9 years ago

I have one and I love it! It was cheapest at Walmart but Target price matched and I had a store card that saved another 5%. It is easy to use and looks great on the counter. I use the caraffe side daily and the k-cups frequently too. I do not use the single serve ground coffee but it doesn't seem complicated. I love having the option of the pot of coffee or k-cup, and I buy store brand k-cups and they work just fine. When I use the k-cup side, I just put my cup under it on the base, I don't raise the base as they suggest. It works great.

• susie100
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks again camlan and joanie38. Your reviews of this coffeemaker have been most helpful.