Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ellendi_gw

Trailrunner...

ellendi
9 years ago

Thinking about you and hoping all is well;)

Comments (17)

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

What did I miss? I'll add my well wishes/prayers as God will know what's needed.

• blfenton
    9 years ago

Funny ellendi - I've been thinking about her over the past week. I hope that all is well and that she's busy on another biking trip.

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Same here. Also been thinking about her and wondering if they are house-hunting or planning their new build. Or already moving!

• ellendi
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Outside, I missed that. I didn't know they were thinking about moving!

• trailrunner
    9 years ago

Hey..just busy ! I have posted a couple times just recently but haven't had much time of late. Thanks for thinking of me :) Ya'll are all very sweet.

No bike trips at present . Had left cataract done on Sept 23 rd and will have the right one done on Oct 14th . Won't need to wear any corrective lenses anymore so that will be great. It has been a protracted event due to my wearing contacts only, no glasses at all, for 47 yrs ! Had to do without them since Labor Day when we got back from VA trip. Still not able to wear one in right eye as cornea has to be completely normal and stable to get measurements right. So we have only been on bikes for all things since Labor Day...staying very fit :)

I had posted that we were thinking of relocating to VA but we have looked and looked and thought about it and have decided not to make that change, We love our home here and could never duplicate it anywhere else. Also much as we love Lexington it has some drawbacks that we don't like . So we will stay put and content ourselves with visits to see the kids when we can . It is for the best but we do miss our grandson more than I can say. facetime is no substitute for the real thing. We will be going up for his 3rd birthday end of Oct. and we were there for 10 days the end of Aug. so not too bad.

Will be checking in here as I am able. Thank you again for thinking of me ! c

• lizzie_grow
    9 years ago

Trailâ¦.good luck with your cataract surgeries! You will LOVE the resultsâ¦no corrective modalities needed. I had mine done, but apparently my eyes have changed, so I just got some glasses to help with esp. distanceâ¦getting used to them. Are you correcting yours for both close & distance or just distance? I have needed cheaters for reading, but it is lovely to get out of bed needing no vision correctionâ¦worn glasses & or contacts since I was 8!! Hope it goes perfectly! Liz

• ellendi
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the update, Trail.

• trailrunner
    9 years ago

thanks Liz! my left eye is close and my right will be distance. That is what I had for my contacts for years and years. The eye dr did say that age related changes still happen so the need for corrective lenses in the future could still be a possibility. Since I have not worn glasses at all in 47 yrs I can't wear them now so if I have to have some correction it will be contacts again. As you say it is amazing to not need glasses !! I will be glad to get the right done and be " out of the blur" !!

You are welcome ellen...thanks for dragging me out !! Thanks again to just. outside and bl too for your posts. c

• ellendi
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You're welcome. You have always been an important part of GW!

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

nice update, good luck with the surgery !!

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to update us, and great to hear from you. Hope the second surgery goes well too. Tough decision on the move, but totally understand.

• tuesday_2008
    9 years ago

Trail...so glad you are not leaving your lovely home. When I read on your other post that you were considering moving, my first thought was "No.No.No. They can't leave that beautiful home." It is so YOU (and I don't even know YOU).

Before you know it, the little one will be spending long vacations, summers when school is out, etc with Grandma and Grandpa. You have a great place for grandkids to visit!

I think you are in Alabama??? Good place to age...not that you are ever going to get old :).

Tuesday

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Nice to hear from you. Good luck on your second surgery. One huge advantage to not moving to Virginia----snow!

• trailrunner
    9 years ago

thank you !! Ellen I don't know how important I am but that is a sweet thing to say :)

Mitch...saw eye Dr for one week follow up and he said I am text book perfect so far. So on to the next one..Oct 14th early AM. thank you !!

outside...me too ! Thank you ...if it goes as well as the first I will be more than pleased. The move just wasn't in the cards.

Tuesday :) We will see how it all plays out. We are known as Dommie and Toppie..his names for us ..couldn't say Grandma and Grandpa and we love that he made up these names. Yes we are Central AL..it is indeed a good place to be and every day we are so glad we have this home. Thank you for your kind words.

joanie...yes snow..although in the area of Lexington they don't get all that much. It also never lasts long. But we don't like the cold at all. So we will stay put. Thank you for posting . c

• tinam61
    9 years ago

Good to hear from you! Good luck with the second eye. My dad had both his done a couple of years ago and it has been great for him.

tina

• blfenton
    9 years ago

Glad to see you're still around and enjoying your home. Sounds like you are loving being a grandma. How is DH doing - well I hope.
    And your son - I hope all is going well with him.

I too am a long time contact lenses wearer of 42 years. I don't wear glasses either and my correction is horrific. I just wish that cataract surgery was elective! - oh to not have to wear contacts. Is it awful of me to hope that I wind up with cataracts?!

My 85 year old mom had hers done last year and it was hugely successful. She does still wear reading glasses but she's ok with that.

• trailrunner
    9 years ago

thanks tina...glad to hear good reports !!

bl...nope I am SO glad I have cataracts ! The right eye isn't really bad at all but since I am the only driver and I can't wear glasses and they don't want me to have a contact in only one eye the insurance co agrees to them to do the right eye now.it is an elective surgery in this case as otherwise it could be years before it needs to be done..thank goodness BCBS sees it this way ! DH is great and sons and DD all good. Can't be much of a gmom this far away :(....will have to do more traveling ! Glad your Mom did well. c