Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vickij_gw

Tell me when you use Siri

vickij
10 years ago

I have Siri on my phone but I don't use her very often. Would you please share some of the things you use Siri for?

Comments (13)

• golddust
    10 years ago

I have used her to call someone when I'm in my car. I have Blue Tooth so I can do that. I have used her to get directions, send a text, find a Starbucks close by and even to make a grocery list.

But really, I don't use her very much. Sometimes I think we need counseling. She likes to twist my words.

• ellendi
    10 years ago

I also use it to dictate calls or text messages. You can ask Siri to "find the nearest gas station to here." and not know yourself where here is! Same with restaurants etc.
    Siri can search the internet for you, and look up phone numbers.
    It is not 100 per cent, but if necessary I can access the internet on my own.
    It's a fun addition to using your phone.

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

To locate a restaurant I've never been to was the most recent. DD and I went apartment hunting, and what a breeze. Great for garage/estate sales. Took my youngest DS for a week vacation to Santa Barbara, and we used it to locate all our hotels, car rental, airport, as well as finding our way to other areas near where we were. I didn't know getting around could be so easy! Siri on my iPhone is a British speaking man~6 year old GS is a techie already. ;o)

• tuesday_2008
    10 years ago

Siri and I have a hard time communicating - she cannot comprehend my "southern drawl"

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

To set the alarm. Works great!

• golddust
    10 years ago

My 21 month old great grandson is a total techie. I watch him do things with my iPad that I didn't know could be done.

• Olychick
    10 years ago

Doesn't anyone find it disturbing or creepy that you are being tracked everywhere you take your phone? (siri can find things close to "here" when I don't even know where "here" is). Just curious.

• golddust
    10 years ago

I'm not doing anything anyone could object to so personally I don't mind Siri using my current location. It's more of a convenience to me and I highly doubt anyone is so interested in my life that they want to track it. Documentarys are usually more interesting.

• ellendi
    10 years ago

oly, I get your point, but in a pinch I find it more helpful than creepy.

• CaroleOH
    10 years ago

I use her most for reminders. I like the voice feature for texts and emails. I use it mostly in the car.

• fourkids4us
    10 years ago

Oh, reminders! I have a love/hate relationship with Siri b/c she never can understand me. Or doesn't work when I'm trying to ask something.

But reminders...love this one. I'll say, "Remind me when I get home to make an appointment for the dentist." And as soon as I pull into the driveway, there is my reminder. It's great for when I'm driving and I think of something I keep forgetting to take care of and know I will forget if I don't write it down. Since I can't write while driving, but can use the bluetooth in my car, it works out great!

I sometimes use it for texting if I'm stopped at a traffic light but half the time she bungles my message so it's not worth it.

• jakabedy
    10 years ago

I only use it in the car. I use it to send texts (and it will read return texts to you). I'll also use it to get phone numbers or directions.

• kellyeng
    10 years ago

Reminders! That's a good idea!

I use her to text and that's about it. Really, I forget about her most of the time and I think she knows it based on her occasional condescending tone.