Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Do you wear every day jewelry?

Oakley
13 years ago

If I don't come back soon, that means Elizabeth came. :)

I've never been much of a jewelry person even though I have some nice pieces, but I'm in the mood to wear some casual "every day" jewelry.

I used to wear an antique looking garnet ring on my right hand but it got lost during the renovation. I wore it every time I left the house.

Now I'm looking for another every day ring, and also a simple bracelet.

Both inexpensive. I was wondering what jewelry besides wedding rings and earrings do you all wear, and do you wear the same thing often or all the time?

I can find a ring okay, but the bracelet I'm not sure about. I want a very casual bracelet that can be worn with jeans. Any ideas?

Comments (47)

• natal
    13 years ago

How did you post the same thread at the same time here and on Discussions?

• neetsiepie
    13 years ago

Besides my wedding ring I wear a white gold band on my left thumb and I also wear a gold band with 6 diamonds set in a row on my middle finger of my right hand. I used to wear a mothers ring on my pinkie (left hand) but lost it somehow. I never take off the thumb ring, and the other two, only when I'm going to be working in the yard or something messy where I might lose a stone. In fact, I need to take my wedding ring in as it's got a prong that is loose...just realized that!

I have a lot of other rings I wear on occasion, when the mood strikes. When I do wear them, I put the right hand ring on my left index finger.

I used to wear my diamond 3 stone necklace every day, but quit wearing it as I tend to wear a lot of beads & artisan jewelry instead. I don't wear an every day bracelet or watch any more either. I think a heavy link bracelet would be ok for everyday with jeans. (Almost all my jewelry, good or costume is worn with jeans!)

• stinky-gardener
    13 years ago

I wear a mother of pearl heart pendant set in sterling on a white gold chain almost daily. I do change to another necklace if I feel it suits my outfit better.

My tastes in jewelry run toward anything that looks antique or like it was made by an artist. I love silver.

I'm not into showy, statusy-looking things. I know someone who wears a $75,000.00 diamond ring (6 carats) every day, & a ruby pendant trimmed in diamonds that is the size of an infant's fist. That kind of jewelry doesn't float my boat.

• golddust
    13 years ago

I wear an artist style necklace of some sort and two rings every day. I have a bracelet I wear when I go out. I love silver too. I feel naked without a necklace on.

I just commissioned a silver cuff bracelet from one of our clients. It will have the names of my family members and dogs stamped into it in a rather primitive fashion. Old type set font, very subtle.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    13 years ago

I wear it all: diamond wedding rings all the time and mostly sterling jewelry with all my clothing except when I am at home, then I am a grunge.

I pick out my jewelry for each outfit the way I coordinate my shoes and handbag with it.

Because I like jewelry to go specifically with outfits, I am not into expensive items, per se. My taste tends to run towards the Sundance catalog jewelry look, which I find often at TjMaxx.
    I like sterling because it lasts forever, doesn't irritate my skin and is purty.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Natal, what do you mean? This IS the discussion board, right? Where else did you see my topic?

• Oakley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good grief, this showed up on the Decor forum! How did that happen. I'm not doing any personal topics until it gets fixed. lol.

How do you measure for a thumb ring? I like them a lot but not sure if I'm too old for one.

Also, when did gold go out of style? That's all I wore for years, and now it seems to be either silver or platinum.

I love gold, especially if my skin is tanned.

• happyintexas
    13 years ago

I love gold, too. It is my finish of choice even with fashion being the silver tones. In anything other than costumey stuff, I wear gold.

I wear my wedding ring on my left hand and a diamond circle on my right. (After 30 years of marriage, a girl gets more diamonds, right?) Because I garden, paint, and am generally hard on my hands, I don't have nails to speak of...so no other rings.

I have a lovely gold chain necklace my husband bought me 30 years ago on one of our travels. I wear it a LOT.

During the two and a half months I did census work I wore a simple silver toned bracelet on my right wrist. It was flat which meant I could write on the forms with it on my wrist. It was fashioned in simple chunky squares with the words faith, hope, and love in each square with a simple graphic symbol. For me it was a quiet testimony of my faith while I did a government job...I also considered it my Wonder Woman bracelet to ward off evil words (WW could defend herself against bullets with her cuffs.) In the last week of my job, the elastic bands holding the links together broke. I figured it was time to be done with the job then. lol

I wear a variety of earrings, but my diamond studs are my favs. Diamonds look good with shorts, jeans or a fancy dress.

I used to have a sterling silver ankle chain I loved to wear in the summer. It broke and I haven't found a sturdy, pretty replacement yet.

• Sueb20
    13 years ago

I have waaay too much jewelry. But don't let DH hear me say that. I love it all. I try to rotate so I don't keep wearing the same few things over and over, but it's hard. I tend to grab the same necklaces over and over. I wear my wedding/engagement ring all the time, and almost always wear a sapphire ring DH gave me several years ago on my right ring finger. I can't stand to wear more rings than than, but wish I could because I do love rings! I also have 2 other rings that I switch out occasionally, but my go-to ring is the sapphire.

Most of my other jewelry is silver artsy stuff, from anywhere from etsy to art/craft fairs to gallery shops. I try to avoid mass-produced stuff but I do love David Yurman! I have a few items from DY -- special occasion gifts from DH.

I also have quite a few beaded bracelets that I made with my 9 y.o. DD this summer!

• happytobehome
    13 years ago

I usually just wear silver earrings (short, simple dangles) and an inexpensive silver three ring set from Brighton for everyday instead of my wedding rings. My engagement ring has emeralds flanking the center diamond, one of which I broke, and the other which I washed down the drain with the dishwater. After replacing the emeralds, I only wear the ring when I'm dressed up for a special occasion because I'm a klutz and obviously can't be trusted.

Oakleyok -- as for casual everyday bracelets, I like a plain narrow silver cuff. I'm really lusting after Lisa Leonard jewelry these days, and just might have to treat myself. A lot of her things can be personalized, and the price is reasonable.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lisa Leonard Jewelry

• stinky-gardener
    13 years ago

Happytobehome...good to see you...it's been ages!

Hope you're wearing your silver in good health.

You should start a thread to update us on what you've been up to.

• sable_ca
    13 years ago

I love jewelry, especially jewelry that is feminine and slightly ornate, or at least sparkly. As I'm retired and almost always at home now, I only wear earrings every day, "matching" them to whatever top I'm wearing; have a lot of earrings, among them a small collection of pearl drops and lots of turquoise. When I go out, even for a few errands, I'll add a ring on the right hand, a watch, and a necklace (usually a gold chain).

Am sensitive to gold, so don't wear my wedding ring at home usually, but always if we're out and about, or traveling. For our anniversary my husband gave me a lovely ring, a beautifully cut citrine (the only stone I love that I didn't yet have) set in circlets of tiny gold beads with a "worked" shank. It was made in Israel and it's the most comfortable ring I've ever had and I wear it almost all the time, even in bed. The best thing about it is that DH loves that I love it. Funny, because it isn't terribly ornate and wasn't all that pricey.

Someone asked about not seeing so much gold. Have you noticed the price of gold? QVC, which carries some very, very nice jewelry, is showing far more silver than gold and often the gold is just "gold clad", the new word for "vermeil".

• jerseygirl_1
    13 years ago

I have a silver and gold David Yurman Bangle with diamonds on the tip that I wear almost everyday. My husband bought it for me when we were dating for my birthday. I have many pairs of earrings and change them according to what I am wearing but I do gravitate toward my small white gold and diamond earrings most frequently. Many times I go ringless. Just find it more comfortable.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I love Lisa Leonard jewelry! Her bracelets are the type I could wear every day, if I left the house every day!

• igloochic
    13 years ago

I learned in some goofy "what not to wear" class in management training a million years ago that you are not supposed to wear more than five pieces of jewelry at a time ( who's rule this was I don't know but I stuck with it lol). So when I dress in anything but painting cloths I then to have four pieces and when I have a jacket on I take it up to five (with a broach).

I have worn most of my jewelry with jeans and/or with something dressier. I live in small ruby ear rings (because I'm too lazy to change them out to match an outfit daily) and even those I wear with the painting outfits on occasion lol.

My wedding ring is a small ruby surrounded with diamonds from the 1880's so that works well with my everyday earrings. I add another ring on the other hand, my favorite is a yellow sapphire in an old setting of my mother in laws from the 70's or an antique wedding set my mother gave me with a sweet little diamond. I like to think how much that bride probably loved that set a hundred years ago :). I love antique jewelry. I normally add a gold wrap bracelet or an ivory one (both hold up well in everyday settings and when wrestling with a four year old) and a simple gold necklace. Funny gold is "out" cuz that's all I wear mostly. Heh heh I guess I'm out but since I wear antiques I suppose they were out years ago as well lol.

Jeans or a suit I just feel like I'm not fully put together without my 4 or 5 pieces. But I love jewelry so perhaps that's part of it. I don't go for flashy stuff (I also know someone with a huge...like ten carrot size..diamond that she wears daily and I think it's awful) I'm too little for big stones or settings though so perhaps I just say that because I'm jealous of the ability to get away with that stuff heh heh. If money was ever no object though....I have to say I could get easily carried away with collecting antique jewelry. And i'd still probably only wear four pieces daily lol. I just never got that class out of my head.

• Faron79
    13 years ago

Me?

Well....in Guy-land; my Wedding-ring & a RH ring DD gave me for Father's Day 2yrs ago.
    Being RH, it felt so weird having a ring on my RH (finger next to pinkie).
    Also...couple nice watches I rotate.
    (WISH I had an Omega or ROLEX....siiigghh)

No earrings for this dude! When I was in HS (the 70's), you would've gotten your A$$ kicked for doin' that. I still can't stand to see men wearing earrings...
    (C'mon guys...leave that to the Women!)

Faron

• natal
    13 years ago

Igloo, you're the only other person I know with a ruby wedding ring ... except yours also has diamonds. ;)

Dh & I wanted something simple, so we had rings made using our birthstones ... mine's ruby, his is sapphire.

• OllieJane
    13 years ago

faron, we are probably going to get slammed for thinking the same about guys and earrings! MAJOR turnoff for me, and always has been. We are from a pretty conservative family though, we LOVE fashion, but, have our limits-HA!

• teacats
    13 years ago

Wear chunky vintage expansion bracelets in golds and silvers -- found at charity shops, antique stores and of course -- Etsy. Have a few cuff bracelets too. I have slim wrists (the last and only part that has remained thus LOL!) and regular bracelets slip off ...

Wear various necklaces of different stones and vintages (new and vintage) found anywhere, everywhere and Etsy. Have some wonderful mourning necklaces in black glass -- and other necklaces in vintage faux pearls.

Wear a men's tank (rectagle) Timex with a black leather strap. And have another one with a round face and a brown leather strap. Also wear various other watches -- mostly charity stores finds.

Have some remarkable vintage sparkly pins that look wonderful on jackets, coats or even pinned to fabric purses and hats .... so fun!

Love vintage fun items! :)

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

• User
    13 years ago

I love jewelry. For years I wore neat silver rings on almost every finger. I always wanted more fingers for rings.

Since I got married I've retired most of them and only wear my wedding rings on the left hand. I don't like anything else on that hand now.

My other hand you'll always see a white gold ring with diamonds on my middle finger. I have a few others I'll add to that hand depending on what I wear. Lately I've been wearing a neat, twisted, silver ring on my thumb.

I don't like how yellow gold looks with my skin tone so it's mainly white gold or silver for me.

Most times I wear a necklace to work with my outfit but it's usually some type of pendant on one of my sterling chains.

I haven't been wearing bracelets much this year but I have a variety. I used to always wear a watch but since that broke I haven't had a desire to buy a new one.

My earrings stay the same.

• threedgrad
    13 years ago

Yes, I feel undressed without earrings although I usually remove those as soon as I get home. I wear my 3 Blessed Mother medals on a chain every day and night. She watches over me.
    I have lots of costume jewelry I wear to match various outfits.

• igloochic
    13 years ago

Natal I knew there was something I liked about you lol. You are quite right, I never see colored stone wedding rings let alone rubys. It used to be popular in the 1800s then went out of fashion like gold I guess :). Dh knew I wanted either a ruby or emerald and when he found the one I have at an antique dealer god knows where in it's original box he thought it was perfect and I do too :).

• mrsmarv
    13 years ago

I wear my wedding band and engagement ring every day. The band is a plain platinum one and the engagement is a simple 3-stone platinum, set with my mother's engagement diamond (old mine-cut), my original engagement diamond and a diamond from a ring that was my grandmother's. The two side stones are almost a perfect match, which is providence because there's at least an 80 year difference in their "ages", so we knew they had to be together.
    I wear very simple jewelry, either silver or occasionally white gold. I'm not partial to yellow gold because it's not 'me'. When I do wear it I choose older pieces because it doesn't cause an allergic, probably due to the type of alloy that's used or doesn't have as much alloy. Older yellow gold doesn't seem to affect me as negatively because they didn't use as much alloy and/or the alloy type was different.
    I have alot of unusual hand-made silver jewelry that was my mom's. I have a few Frank Rebajes pieces that were given to my mom by the artist. My dad was an artist and Frank (Francisco) and he ran in the same circles when we lived in Manhattan.
    I wear what I think will go with a particular outfit, but when I'm home I don't wear any jewelry. As soon as I walk in the front door I shed my work clothes and all jewelry because I feel constrained and prefer to work or lounge sans restricting garment or jewelry. I work alot with my hands and I don't want to take the chance of marring my jewelry any more than necessary.
    I do like Lia Sophia or Premier costume jewelry if I'm not wearing "good" jewelry, especially Lia Sophia because it's simpler. If I go to Crafts at Rhinebeck I'll find some unusual pieces, as well.

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

I wear earrings, my wedding band, watch and a diamond eternity ring every day. I do change out the eternity ring with several others, but only if I'm heading out to lunch or something. I sometimes wear a necklace at home, but keep my bracelets for special dressier times, as they'd drive me crazy having them on all the time. They're not dainty ones, though, but the wide SW silver wrist cuffs with turquoise, etc., which make them too bulky for everyday. I just saw some dainty gold and silver bracelets yesterday at the mall that would probably be comfy for everyday, though.

• rilie
    13 years ago

I don't wear alot of jewelery, and don't change what I do wear very often. I wear my wedding rings and watch everyday, of course. My ears are pierced twice and I wear gold hoops that are probably just a bit bigger then a quarter, and diamond studs in the second set of holes. Hubby bought me both and I wear them everyday. The hoops he gave me for Christmas the fist year we were dating, that would have been 1996. The diamond studs came about 5 years later. I've rarely even take them off since they were given to me, except for cleaning - and I probably don't do that as often as I should.

The only time I specifically remember not wearing them was on my sister's wedding day. The diamond ear-rings have a matching pendant on a gold chain and I don't even wear that.

• work_in_progress_08
    13 years ago

While I've starting "experimenting" with silver, I am a gold girl.

Standard Operating Daily Wear -

Tag Heuer watch - sports stainless & gold daily
    Tiffany bangle
    Diamond Stud Earrings - Pave set
    Wedding Band & Diamond tension mount low set
    Low pave set sapphire DH bought me in Madrid

I like low profile jewelry. No prongs on stones, etc.

However, love to wear and collect all sorts, styles, color pearls. Many days I'll only wear pearls. Actually prefer my pearls over my studs.

In our area, it isn't a good thing when you see a gal with a ring on every finger. Kinda looks like she's wearing all she's got? Regional thing I guess.

Oh, gold toe ring in summer.

• THOR, Son of ODIN
    13 years ago

I'm usually fairly minimalist.

Simple gold wedding ring, 2 hypoallergenic CZ stud earrings, and for dressup I have a Timex watch with a silver/gold metal bracelet band.

Below is a fun blog post with creative ideas for jewelry: doubling up necklaces, using brooches, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Already Pretty: Alternate uses for Jewelry

• patty_cakes
    13 years ago

No wedding rings here, but i've always loved Peridot, so bought me an 8 carat surrouned by minisclue dimonds, in 14 carat gold~looks expensive but really wasn't. On the right hand, it's a faux Alexandrite, given to me many moons ago by my then MIL~the stone is held by SS hand, and it's very unique. I LOVE costume jewelry, especially the big cuff-type bracelets. I'll wear a cuff usually with several other beaded, sivler, or gold bracelets. I'm a fan of hoop earrings, and have 2 pair that I wear all the time. One in SS and one in gold vermeil, both having CZ'z completely around the 4" hoop~I like 'em big. LOL I'll wear a necklace or 3, when I get dressed up. I have the 'real deal' but because the pieces are small, just don't seem to wear them~same for my antique jewelry, it's too delicate for me, even though i'm only 5'2", 114 lbs.! ;o)

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

I was just talking about jewelry this morning with my sister and niece. I didn't like jewelry much when I was younger but now I do. And like Stinky I love silver or white gold, mostly silver and especially bracelets. I love silver ones, torquoise, black onyx but I'm not a gold person.

Like Faron I don't like jewelry on men, even in the seventy's when gold chains were popular, double yuck. But for some reason I think men look fabulous with cufflinks (misspelled)on when wearing a tux, it's so good looking to me.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I wanted to re-visit this thread. I'm now totally addicted to Fashion and Costume jewelry. For kicks and giggles, I ordered a $10 ring online with several stones in it, and I have to say, it looks real and I love it!

A friend loves fashion jewelry and gave me a head's up to Roamans.com which sells a lot of it.

Look at these rings. All $25 and under. lol. The ring I ordered is no longer there, but some of these rings are ideal for casual wear.

Patty cakes, Peridot is my birthstone and I just haven't seen a ring I like. I've never been a fan of Peridot and always found my birthstone to be THE ugliest of the months. lol.

Here is a link that might be useful: $25 & Under - Rings

• hhireno
    13 years ago

I missed this post first time around but I'm glad it's back.

I have to add my name to the list of ruby wedding band wearers. Mine is 2 rubies and 3 diamonds. Ruby is my birthstone, his birthstone, and is suppose to protect you from lightening. I haven't been hit yet so I guess it's working.

I hardly ever wear it though. It's slightly too lose & way too lose in the cold months and I don't ever remember to have it re-sized until it's spinning around my finger, driving me crazy. I need to have it fixed in summer, when my fingers are their "fattest" so that I don't resize it too small. But I'll forget. Someone email me about this in July okay?

I did read, in some women's mag, that gold by your face can make your teeth seem yellow. It's better to wear silver. Or wear gold & use a teeth whitening product I guess.

I like dangling earrings but can't wear them in cold winter months because my scarf pushes them against my neck. Brrr. In non-cold months, I wear earrings, once in awhile a necklace, my wedding ring when I remember, even less frequently than that a bracelet. Never a watch. No other rings. I used to have a mood ring toe ring that just cracked me up. I haven't worn it in years but maybe I'll start again this summer. I'd say to my DH, look at my toes, I am not happy.

• whitdobe
    13 years ago

OK, guess I'm weird. When I was working I took great joy in wearing jewelry. I had a very good job and sufficient income to buy some very pricey things.....and I did. I also inherited some pieces.

Flash forward to now. I'm retired, have been since about age 39. I do teach dog training classes. My life has gone from "high maintenance" to very casual.

I wear a wedding band (no engagement diamond) and a watch. That's it. All my really good jewelry is put away either in a safe deposit box or the safe. I have some odds and ends lying around but I wear stuff so seldom you'd be amazed.

Oh and I have pierced ears. I wear earings so seldom that I gave up and got some of the posts with points on the ends. I almost always wind up having to re-pierce my ears with them if I decide that I'm actually going to wear earings.

• yogacat
    13 years ago

When I was younger I had a lot of jewelry, but I rarely wore it. It's just not what I enjoy spending time on. I'm also old fashioned, because I prefer 18K yellow gold.

The basics: For 30 years I've worn a fine gold chain with a tiny sliver of a moon pendant. For 25 years I've worn a yellow gold pinkie ring set with very good rubies and diamonds. I've never cared for diamonds except as an accent to colored stones. I've worn the same pair of yellow gold hoop earrings for probably 15 years. I lost one but was able to replace it. Since I've been married, I wear a yellow gold wedding band. My watch is also a yellow gold color.

I wear a string of pearls and matching earrings maybe twice a year. After I bought the pinkie ring, my mother bought something similar but flashier with lower quality stones. I wore it for a number of years after her death but it's not me. I'd like to have that redone as a small pin or pendant, so that I could wear it more.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    13 years ago

I'm not too sure what the thing is with "good jewelry". Why does it have to be expensive? Does that make it better? I would much rather have stylish trendy pieces than expensive stuff that's out of date. I have a drawer of my mother's good jewelry...she would be horrified to know I sold some of the gold.

I like well made jewelry and pieces that don't irritate my skin or turn funny colors after a year, but otherwise, the price is irrelevant.

Lately I've been into Barse, so pretty and up to date.

• IdaClaire
    13 years ago

I wear my wedding ring daily and on the ring finger of my right hand, I rotate four other rings - silver w/black stone that was my Grannie's, gold w/blue topaz that I got in St. Thomas, gold with a lovely turquoise stone edged in Australian opal that I bought from a Navajo artisan, and gold with a flowing band of Australian opal and diamonds that's the only piece of jewelry my ex bought me that I kept. I have quite a few earrings, but find I only wear the same three on a regular basis these days. I unashamedly wear my Rolex daily - it's my "forever" watch and has meaning because I bought it with the very first bonus I received working in the job I've been at for 18 years. (Even so, I did my research and ended up buying on the secondary market from a reputable dealer and got a great watch at a good savings over retail.)

I think that with jewelry, you can have what you consider to be "forever" pieces - those that you know you'll enjoy wearing for the rest of your life (and they have the integrity to last a lifetime), and "fun" pieces that you wear for a season or two or three, and then you're over them. I like a mixture of both "forever" and "fun" in my jewelry box.

• les917
    13 years ago

I am a jewelry addict, so I have lots of pieces. Fun 'fashion' pieces that I wear, as well as a lot of 'good' pieces that I have gotten over the years as gifts from my parents, significant others, and have bought for myself.

I have a single ring that serves as my engagement and wedding ring, as I didn't want separate rings. It has an oval cut center diamond, and then 10 tiny side diamonds, in a curved setting. I do have a wedding band that matches DH's, which are done in a very cool herringbone engraved design, but it is only worn by itself, particularly at times when I am working on things that might hurt the diamond, as it is set up a bit.

I have reversible small, wide hoops that are white gold on one side, yellow gold on the other, so I wear those most days, switching them depending on the other jewelry. I also wear either tiny CZ studs or my diamond studs in the other set of piercings I have in my earlobes.

I also always wear a ring on the ring finger of the right hand. Often a yellow-gold nugget ring, or one of two multi-stone diamond rings.

I wear gold, silver, white gold, platinum and even have a couple of antique pieces of rose gold. I love pearls, and also good turquoise pieces. My mom has given me all of her turquoise that she collected in the 70's, including an amazing choker piece.

I have diamond hoops that I wear sometimes, and tones of pendants and chains that I wear often.

I wear a timex gold and silver toned watch every day. I prefer not to own an expensive watch - for some reason, I am really hard on watches, and I wear mine 24/7 except in the shower or when working around water.

The one thing I think about sometimes is that having no daughters, the jewelry will be passed to my two sons, neither of whom wear jewelry other than a watch and their HS rings. So I don't think they will have any of the stones reset into rings for themselves - the pieces will end up with the women in their lives in the future.

• les917
    13 years ago

I meant to also address the men wearing earrings issue. I think it is fine - I fail to see why only women should have jewelry as personal expression and adornment. I think men with earrings are sexy.

That said, my DH would die before he would ever wear an earring. Our two 'twenty-something' sons don't find the idea appealing, either. Guess DH must have gotten to them and indoctrinated them before I did! LOL

• rucnmom
    13 years ago

Left hand: engagement ring and ring guard with diamonds (10th annivesary gift)
    Right hand: signet ring given to me by my parents on my 8th birthday when all I wanted was "a real ring" - it's been on my hand for the last 44 years!

Earrings if the mood strikes me - don't ever wear a watch.

• tinam61
    13 years ago

I missed this first go round too.

I think there is good, classic jewelry that will never go out of style. I also like stylish costume jewelry but not the stuff made to look like the "real thing", like fake diamonds, rubies, etc.

I love unique necklaces. I'm talking costume jewelry for necklaces. I wear earrings most days, but not always.

Most always wear my wedding ring diamond set - although there are times when I will wear a plain wide wedding band. Always wear one other ring on my right hand. I have an emerald cut 3 stone ring that I most often wear but occasionally will change it up. My dad recently gave me three rings that belonged to my mother and one is a gorgeous london blue topaz that I have worn several times.

I never wear a watch and don't wear bracelets that often - other than my charm bracelet.

I do like an earring on some men, but it depends on the man. And one earring only.

tina

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    13 years ago

I always wear my wedding ring, my mom's and my grandmother's wedding rings all on my ring finger. I have a lot of trouble with metals so don't wear earrings.

Other than that, I will wear pearls that dh gave me, but I like to mix them with jeans and jewelry like polished stones on a leather cord, or jewelry dd has made from shells or beads from her travels. I do wear bracelets quite often.
    Sounds a little hippie-dippie, but I don't think I come off that way too much!

I would love a peridot or ruby bracelet!

• yogacat
    13 years ago

I'm not too sure what the thing is with "good jewelry".

For me, it's mainly practical. I'm allergic to most metals. 18K is the only thing that doesn't leave me in a red itchy mess within minutes. (I have to keep the back on my watch painted with clear nail polish. That doesn't work so well on earrings and such. Since the stuff I wear is conservative, it all goes together and I don't have to think about it. I have a drawer full of cute pins of all price ranges, which I do like. But selecting one and installing it, etc. is just additional effort that I'm usually not in the mood for. As for my pinkie ring, it's all about the aesthetics. I like that shape of the ring and the exact color of the stones. Wearing gemstones doesn't interest me otherwise.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Tina, I received half of my late MIL's jewelry. One of them is a blue topaz and it's gorgeous, except the metal is so thin and tiny, I need to have it reset.

Has anyone worn the new stretch rings? There are some really cute one's out there and I was wondering if they pinch the fingers.

• yayagal
    13 years ago

I have a lot of jewelry but lately I seem to wear the same thing over and over lol. My wedding band and diamond, a diamond solitaire on the pinky of both hands, one set in gold, one white gold. large gold hoops and two John Hardy bracelets that have sterling and yellow gold mixed. Once in a while I wear a David Yurman.
    For special times I tend toward artsy big gold bangles. Most of my jewelry lies in a box hoping and waiting lol.

• maire_cate
    13 years ago

A few years ago I decided to wear jewelry more often. I always wore my engagement ring, wedding band, Rolex and diamond studs. My DH loves to buy jewelry and he's even designed several pieces for me so over the years I've accumulated quite a few stunning pieces. I now make a point of changing my jewelry frequently and I no longer save the 'good' (expensive) pieces for dressier events. I just try harder to rotate my jewelry now.

• golddust
    13 years ago

I am such an every single day jewelry person. I am naked without a necklace and buy clothing around my every day jewelry pieces (V-necks!).

• Oakley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm in love. But do these rings seem a bit over priced?

Here is a link that might be useful: Pandora Rings

• forhgtv
    13 years ago

I used to wear more jewelry than I do these days and I have all sorts of matching costume earrings and necklaces. Now, I mostly wear my grandmother's wedding ring on my right hand and a pair of earrings when I leave the house. At home, I never wear jewelry. It seems to get in my way.

Bracelets make me crazy. I've never developed the talent for wearing them without bumping them on everything.