Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

Does anyone have a bathwash they use just for the fragrance?

msrose
11 years ago

I know we've done perfume recommendations before, but I don't wear perfume everday, so I'd like to know if you have a bathwash you buy just because it smells so darn good.

Comments (28)

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

L'Occitane verbena shower gel. Love all the verbena items.

• funkyart
    11 years ago

YES.. but it's been discontinued. I like B&B Juniper Breeze because it is fresh and clean. I used to like their Garden Herb for the same reason. I also use L'occitane cinnamon orange soap and a jasmine soap when in the spicy or floral mood. I dont wear perfume anymore so I often dust on a bit of lavender powder.. or crabtree and eveyln's spring rain powder for a bit of scent.

• graywings123
    11 years ago

I have been looking for lavender powder - any brands to recommend? Or lavender bathwash?

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    11 years ago

Most good perfumes have a body wash so check out the perfumes you like.

• funkyart
    11 years ago

Graywings, I've tried many of the fancy and organic lavender powders and bath products. Many of them have a sharper scent than I like. I am currently using plain ol' Johnson & Johnson lavender powder.. but I prefer the Yardley in a can (which you is very cheap when I can find it).

• chickadee2_gw
    11 years ago

funkyart, Vermont Country Store online has the talc. Check with Amazon too.

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Since two of you mentioned L'Occitane, where do you buy it?

• Boopadaboo
    11 years ago

Suave tropical coconut and st ives green tea and I like most things from the healing garden. They have a lavender. I love their eucalyptus spray. I cant' seem to find it anymore.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    11 years ago

Msrose, I know you said you don't wear perfume much, but if you want something that smells fantastic, you should check out the perfume counter at major department stores. Find something you love. Then look for the body wash online.

I don't like ANY cheap (ish) bodywashes much although I do use B. and Bodyworks Sweet Pea shower gel ($) occasionally.
    It's not like L'eau D'Isssey bodywash, however ($$$?)

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

I have a L'Occitane store nearby, but it is also available online. I'll link their web site below. Perhaps there's a store near you where you can test sniff their products.

Here is a link that might be useful: L'Occitane web site

• leafy02
    11 years ago

Neutrogena Rainbath. Love it.

If I could find one that smelled like the old Crabtree & Evelyn Carnation scent, I would buy that at any price. My favorite perfume ever and I haven't been able to find it in years.

• bestyears
    11 years ago

leafy02 -just for you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Carnation

• geogirl1
    11 years ago

Bath and Body Works Plumaria shower gel and body spray. They discontinued it in the stores, so now I special order it on sale every 6 months. Love it.

• Ideefixe
    11 years ago

Moulton Brown Black Pepper

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ideefixe - Does it really smell like black pepper?

• OllieJane
    11 years ago

Yes! L'Occitane by far-have never grown tired of it. Ever since we stayed at Four Seasons we have bought that and the bar soap-and my DH has to have to Shampoo and Conditioner also. But, the L'Occitane shampoo and conditioner we buy is only sold at Four Seasons. L'Occitane has shampoo and conditioners, but not the formula that the Four Seasons sells.

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, I checked the L'Occitane website and it said we have one at our mall, so I decided to go up there today. The directory didn't show it, so I walked the whole mall thinking maybe it was new and not on the directory yet, but never could find it. I guess I'll have to order some, but I was really wanting to check them out in person. I definitely want to try the verbena. Has anyone tried the citrus verbena?

• patty_cakes
    11 years ago

msrose, many of the stores have closed, but you can find it on ebay.

When my favorite perfume stopped being made several years ago, I was able to purchase it on ebay, new bottle, never opened(still do!). You'll have to read thru the L'Occitane products to find out if they're unopened. ;o)

Here is a link that might be useful: L'Occitane

• lynninnewmexico
    11 years ago

Having worked in medicine for many years where perfume is a big no-no, I hardly ever wear mine (Estee Lauder's Tuscany per Donna). But it's soap and most perfumed soaps make me itch. Many give me rashes or hives so I tend to stick to (the pink) Dove soap bars, which I think smell fresh and clean. In Summer months, though, I love the way my Coppertone sunscreen smells and so I use it for it's "beachy" smell as well as for it's sunscreening properties.
    Lynn

• golddust
    11 years ago

I'm a Dove girl. Usually I stick with the white soap but recently bought the pink. While I like it, I don't like pink soap scum in my white shower so I'm going back to white next time. DH has so many allergies and perfume is a nightmare for him. After almost 29 years of marriage, I don't own anything with perfume.

( I love Coppertone Sun screen too!)

• patty_cakes
    11 years ago

Another pink Dove soap user~I first bought it because I thought it smelled like Roses.

Graywings, you have got to try the Thymes. It's the most true fragrance of Lavendar my nose has ever 'sniffed'! They don't offer a dusting powder, just the body wash as well as other products. The home spray is dellllllllightful!

Another great one is the Eucalyptus, nice for men.

Here is a link that might be useful: body wash

• stinky-gardener
    11 years ago

Yes, White Linen bath gel. I've tried many others, but always come back to it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bath gel

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    11 years ago

Msrose, you have to smell products just for yourself.

Just like no one can predict what is mouthwatering to you or beautiful, we don't know your smells either.

I could not tell you how many times I have been drawn in by someone elses "likes or even loves" by review or recommendation only to hate it. By trial and error, I have discovered the base notes that appeal to me in fragrances and that does help me find new products.

Stinky, for instance, loves the White Linen Fragrance. My mother did also but I HATE it. ( No maternal rebellion here)
    It took me years to learn and recognize the key components in fragrance and when I read a perfumes ingredients, I know what to look for. Aldehydes aren't for me, ever (Chanel #5). They give me a headache and the dry down is yucky.

You want to separate bodywash from a perfume but it is basically all the same.

• stinky-gardener
    11 years ago

I like using White Linen bath gel during the warmer months. Have never used the fragrance spray! I tend not to use too much perfume in the summer, so the White Linen bath product is "just enough."

My go to bath product for winter used to be Cinnabar bath grains. Was discontinued. Wow, did those bath grains fragrance the entire bathroom for hours. It was heavenly!

Btw, Bumblebeez, dh gave me a set of Chanel no. 5 products and I loved the bath gel. The #5 perfume is just "okay" imo.
    I love Shalimar for winter too. (Also love Guerlain's L'Heure Bleue, but it can be hard to find. That's a very complicated fragrance...not for everyone.) Shalimar bath soap, body lotion & perfume, and Tabu bath soap, lotion and perfume are readily available and nice for winter time.

I love fragrance!(See, I really am stinky!) I try to use products sparingly though...don't take a bath in it...(Unless it's bath gel, that is, lol!)

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    11 years ago

Stinky, I really dislike all the perfumes you mention even though they are famous and beloved! My granny loved Cinnabar.

My preferences are almost always floral/watery and or fruity and in the perfume strength which makes a huge difference: Aqua Di Gio, L'eau d'Issey, Diorissimo, Daisy, Happy, Be Delicious, Il Baccio, and on a rare occasion, Opium.

I have a good friend who dislikes all my favorites and thinks they all smell old lady!

But I still think bodywash is a watered version of the original but doesn't always smell quite the same.

I dislike the eau de toilette of Daisy and L'eau d'Issey
    and they smell like something different entirely.

• sis3
    11 years ago

L'Occitane is sold in my local malls but inside J. C Penney and Macy's.

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

boopadaboo - Is the St Ives one the scrub or is there a different one? I didn't see it at Walmart yesterday, but I found it online. I may check Target today.

leafy02 - I also checked Walmart for the Neutrogena Rainbath and couldn't find it either. Where do you normally get it?

• OllieJane
    11 years ago

golddust, you would probably like "grace" by Philosophy. I think it is an eau de toilette. It smells like soap, which it is known for. I wear it most of the time during the day. Gives you that "just stepped out of the shower" smell.