Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Mtn, did I drive by your future Maine house??

Sueb20
10 years ago

This is hilarious if it's true. So I just happened to be at the Cliff House for a 24-hour mental health break, and this morning...I don't want to say what street I was on because I'm sure you don't want the world to know....but I drove by a house that I THINK looked just like yours!? It's sort of secluded from the street (I almost turned around and drove by twice but didn't, which is why I'm not entirely sure if it was THE house) with a for sale sign in front, and is there a yellow house next store that is also for sale?

Comments (4)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

It is secluded, I don't think you can actually see it from the street. You turn in from the main road, and it goes back a little ways? The back of our house would be to the street, with a screened porch?

And you won't believe this, but I do not know the color of the house next door. I was only at the house once, for maybe 30 minutes, in between tenants coming in for weekly rentals. The house next door is not for sale, but there is a lot that is a flag lot that is for sale, and that might be what you saw.

My guess is you saw it, or else you were very very warm. Did you check out already? We are going up this weekend for the inspection and to meet with contractors.

The street we are on starts with the first letter of your husband's favorite hotel chain.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hm...the first or second name of my husband's favorite hotel? Because the street I was on started with the first letter of the second name.

I couldn't even see if there was a screen porch. I basically saw the top of the house over the trees as I was almost past.

Already back home, so I can't go back and stalk you this weekend. Imagine me walking up to the house: Hello? Hello? Excuse me, are you Mtn? Hi, it's me, SueB!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

LOL, SueB. Yes, you were on main road. But to get to the house you turn in to another road and it is back there. I really can't recall whether you can see it from the road you were on. There is a golf course across the street and a stone church nearby.

We are headed up tomorrow a.m. for the inspection. I sure do hope it goes well as I'm just about done decorating the living room, LOL.

It does look like we should have a Mass/Maine get together. If all goes well maybe I can host it on my verandah next summer!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Okay, well, you didn't drive by. Well actually you probably did given where you were, but you can't see it from the road. And the house next door is red! (and I actually really like it). The house(s) I think you are talking about are further from town?

I am having, as my husband called it, "the opposite of buyer's remorse". I can't sleep I am so excited! Inspection went very well and the house is even more lovely then I remembered (we were in it once, for a total of certainly less than 30 minutes).

We spent four hours there with the inspector and contractor yesterday, and I had a huge "to-do" list of things I was supposed to measure and look at. But it was a gorgeous sunny day and I wasted most of it looking at the waves and boats!