Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Bethpen...I'm going to see Maureen Hancock today!

Sueb20
10 years ago

I think it was in the discussion of the mysterious moving boxes in the closet that you mentioned "The Medium Next Door." I have also seen her once before a few years ago. I'm going with two friends to see her tonight. My friend and I didn't get any "messages" last time we went, but it was amazing to observe the people who did. I am wearing my deceased mother's wedding band...just in case!

I watch "Long Island Medium" just because I think it's funny, but I'm not entirely convinced that she is legit. When I saw Maureen Hancock the first time, though, I was convinced. My SIL also had an experience with MH a few years ago, too, that totally convinced us both. MH knew things about a couple of deceased family members that she could not have even guessed at, they were so specific.

I'll report back if anything amazing happens.

Comments (5)

• Bethpen
    10 years ago

Sue, Have fun! Even when I didn't get read, I found it to be such a great experience. I feel like so many people find comfort and a sense of peace. My experience with her convinced me 100% that she is legitimate. Her work with sick kids makes me happy to support her.

Beth P.

• susie100
    10 years ago

I am interested in your experience with Maureen Hancock, if you care to share.

• Bethpen
    10 years ago

SueB how'd it go???

Beth p.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It was fun but I didn't get any messages from the dead! Many other people did, though, some of which gave me goosebumps. There were some things that I did think "okay, good guess" but others -- I mean, she knew the name of the guy who was in the car with a guy who died. How could she know that?

The most unique one: the woman sitting next to us had just put her dog to sleep that day. I happened to hear her talking about it with the woman who was with her. At one point during the readings, as Maureen was moving around the room, she said she was seeing a black dog...anyway, long story short, she knew the dog's breed, color, age, and then she said "Who's Molly?" Well, Molly is this woman's other dog.

• graywings123
    10 years ago

I just came out of a Maureen Hancock show tonight. She had lots of hits and lots of misses over the course of 2+ hours.

She focused much of her show on people whose children had died. Strangely there were 3 people whose children had hanged themselves. Their families were not sitting together and did not seem to know one another.

She seemed weakest when it came to specific facts - what someone died from, how many children someone had - and she had lots of what I would call false starts. She would throw out something and the person couldn't connect it with anything ("is there a person named Paul?"). My guess is that if you videotaped the event and then counted the hits and misses, there were more misses than hits.

But a few of the hits were amazing. She asked who had lost a child and a lady raised her hand. She walked over to the lady, looked directly at her and said, I'm getting the word neuroblastoma, which the lady said was correct. Then as they talked, she said it seemed the child had some other medical issue and the woman said the child had been diagnosed with lymphoma first.

She read two men (separately) who were skeptical, and she had them in tears with the specificity of her statements.

At one point someone thought the wrong person was getting the reading. Maureen Hancock told the neuroblastoma woman (who turned out to be the child's grandmother, not mother) to look for dragonflies. A woman in another section said she felt the dragonfly reference was for her because she had thousands of dragonflies at her house.

I could see how people would be comforted by what she said. A good bit of her discussions with people revolved around a few themes: 1) you could not have prevented the death; 2) the dead person is proud of you; 3) the afterlife is wonderful; and 4) the dead person is healed.

Her hits seemed to come as she spent more time with someone. The "cold reading" experts would say that's how it works.