mtnrdredux_gw

Hey, wait, KSWL!?

mtnrdredux_gw
10 years ago

Are you back? How was it!?

Comments (14)

• User
    10 years ago

Lol, yes--- we are back! It was GREAT, right up until three days before we left....leaving Munich for London, at the ticket counter.....DD is no longer in possession of her wallet.....which contains her passport. Hijinks ensue, including trying to find a hotel in a city sold out for the Munich-Russia soccer game and Oktoberfest due to start in a few days....multiple attempts to get proper photos, documents (scanned or faxed not acceptable b/c of watermarks), etc., etc., etc., invalidation of her lost or stolen passport number then results in losing ticket back as it is identified by the pp #.... Flights missed, late, cancelled, then finally horrible seats in the middle of a five seat bank in coach, behind an incredibly entitled older couple who sat down, reclined fully, and refused to sit up even for meals and who did not even go to sleep the entire time.

We had a wonderful time but I am trying to delete those last three days from my memory bank.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh no, so sorry about the nonsense on the way back. I always keep a photocopy of my passport in my luggage, but who knows what good that would actually do me. DO you think your daughter's wallet was stolen?

We will be expecting photos! Get editing.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh no, so sorry about the nonsense on the way back. I always keep a photocopy of my passport in my luggage, but who knows what good that would actually do me. DO you think your daughter's wallet was stolen?

We will be expecting photos! Get editing.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

A pox on anyone who fully reclines their seat!

Glad to hear most of your trip was good and sorry to hear about DD's woes. I am paranoid about pickpockets when traveling, almost to the point of having it ruin the trip. I have an arsenal of anti-pickpocket devices.

Listen to Rick Steves and use a money belt!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Oh wow! What a mess on the way home!

But tell us about the trip...pics...how did your wardrobe work? Were you not the most stylish gal in Prague???

• User
    10 years ago

Oh, Annie, I was stylin' , lol! Everything was perfect--- threw in a dress at the last minute, gray swing dress, pull on overhead, acessorized with brown tights, scarf, brown flats ( which I threw in at the last min because the suitcase was so light!) and wore to the symphony and ballet. DD is in love with Prague and wants to go back ASAP, she liked it that much. I was in heaven in Munich, where I spent every available minute at the Pinakothek museums... The modern art one reopened the day we got there after a refurbishment/ reorganization.... Collectively they are my three fave art museums in the world! We stayed at the Kempinski on Maximillianstrasse, the one with the fab spa, which of course made the trip even more wonderful :-)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Oh I'm just delighted and can't wait to see pics!

• User
    10 years ago

Sorry, hit send too quickly.... DD probably just lost it out the top of purse....who takes an OPEN leather tote with no closure.... Bit my tongue not to say anything. I told her many times to bring a photocopy of passport, it would have indeed served as proof of citizenship., but she did not. She could even have taken a cell phone photo of it... But did not. :-( I do not nag any more, they are adults. I don't think it was stolen but it could have been, I guess.

• hhireno
    10 years ago

As we all know, that extra 3 inches when you fully recline makes it feel like you're relaxing in your living room, so it's understandable why they wouldn't be decent humans and move their chairs. What despicable people.

So sorry to hear about the passport fiasco but glad that you had a great time. My European living sister also sings the praises of Prague. Maybe I'll get there next time. I was in Munich in June and spent many happy hours in the museums.

• deegw
    10 years ago

KSWL -- Can't wait for trip pictures. Glad you had a great time.

IMHO, the people who jack back their airline seats are the same kind of people that scurry from the very back of the grocery line to be first when a new line opens. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

• texanjana
    10 years ago

Sorry about the problems at the end, but sounds like overall you had a great trip. Thanks to your rec, my Lipault suitcase arrived this week for my trip. How did yours fare?

• chispa
    10 years ago

Anger aimed at people who recline their seats on airplanes is misplaced ... complain to the airlines who continue to cram as many seats as possible into their planes. Don't support airlines that are the worst offenders and let them know why they aren't getting your business.

Kswl, glad you all had a (mostly) great vacation!

• joshuasamah
    10 years ago

KSWL I am hoping you liked the hotel I recommended in Prague--did it meet your expectations?? Glad to hear you had a great trip--now the passport story-that is awful. Glad you made it back safely

• blfenton
    10 years ago

Glad you had a great time and so too bad about DD's lost passport. I'm glad it got resolved. Just part of the adventure, I guess.

P.S. and OT- my son is in Europe right now. He just left Prague which he absolutely loved and is on his way to Cinque Terre for a couple of days and then Oktoberfest!