Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynn237

@ Annie D

Lyban zone 4
9 years ago

Hi Annie,
I hope you are around this morning and see this.
I have a question about the apricot appy that you have posted about.
Do you put the apricot in boiling water first to plump or just used as in the package.
Also approx. how much mascarpone . I tea. or more or less.
Thanks

Comments (10)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Hi lyban,
    I think you may have me confused with the annie that is a frequent poster on the cooking forum... You might post this question over there...

Sounds interesting, whatever the appy is...

• Olychick
    9 years ago

Hmm, I remembered this thread because I have made this many years ago, but used a candied pecan on top. Annie may have her own method, but I also bought what I remember as Turkish apricots that were much more moist than the pieces of leather you sometimes find in the bulk dried fruit area.

Posted by AnnieDeighnaugh (My Page) on
    Tue, May 20, 14 at 18:47

Don't know if you want to bother with 50 of them, but I just made one of my faves for a dinner party. Take a dried apricot, put a spot of mascarpone cheese on it and then a pecan half on top. They are so easy, look so fancy and taste so yummy.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Ahhh, my bad! I didn't recognize what you were talking about!

Doh!

I use the dried apricots right out of the package.
    I just put on probably between 1/2 to 1 tsp of cheese...enough to fill the little crack in the apricot and mound it up enough to press the pecan or walnut half into. Never really measured...

They look something like the one in the middle....I don't top it with another apricot, but serve it open faced.

Very quick, easy and tasty!

• blfenton
    9 years ago

~I can't eat apricots but I did the same thing using dates instead - not the dried dates but packaged pitted dates. Chop pecans finely and add to either cream cheese or mascarpone and fill the opening. So good as well.

• Lyban zone 4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you very much Annie for that info.
    I did buy nice apricots that look quite moist not like the kind only chick referred to, so I am set to go.

I have never has mascarpone cheese before hence my question but now I just tasted it this morning and no problem I can put whatever amount. It is not at all overpowering.

I am trying to get 4 different appys ready today to help my daughter who is planning a big party on Saturday.

• chibimimi
    9 years ago

What are appys? Apricot somethings?

• Lyban zone 4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Appys are my own word for appetizers.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Mascarpone cheese is really just heavy cream that is whipped beyond the whipped cream state, but before it gets to be butter. That's why it tastes so yummy.

• Jules
    9 years ago

These sound delicious. My Syrian friend makes stuffed dates and apricots with the most scrumptious fillings like:
    Marzipan and crushed pistachios
    Herbed goat cheese
    Chopped walnuts and blue cheese
    Ricotta heavily laces with lemon zest

• blfenton
    9 years ago

oh goat cheese - wow that sounds so good - something to remember.