Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 21:46
|Dh has been springing all this stuff on me and now he says we need to have a space in a store front (will lease the space in some else's store), and we need to have our own computer and software for checking out and inventory.|
|I would be curious as to what others are using as well. I have a storefront (for the last 7 yrs) and we still don't use a POS system, just Quickbooks and we write up receipts by hand. It's a pain to enter later into Quickbooks, but we don't sell large amounts of items at one time (well, I wish we did!).|
|Thanks Sally. That's what we've been doing up to this point and I didn't see any need to change even with a store front, and we'll only be leasing shelf space in another store for now. I told dh I didn't think we needed to do any more than a credit card reader like paypal, but he thinks it would be too inconvenient for the store owner who will be handling the transactions. I doubt we will even have 5 store sales a week for a while.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here