Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Skin cancer on nose

Posted by jstell2008 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 18:00

I am having MOHs surgery tomorrow for a squamous cell skin cancer on the bridge of my nose. I may need a skin graft depending on how big or deep the surgery is. Has anyone had this done on their nose? I've had MOHs surgery on my face before, but the fact of it being on the bridge of my nose is what is bothering me, along with the fact it is squamous cell and not basal cell.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Skin cancer on nose

My SIL had it done. Her results were fabulous -- Two weeks later you'd never have known she had anything done.

Good Luck!

o

I had basal cell on the bridge/side of my nose and had MOHs surgery. You would never know and it was a BIG hole.

o

My DD also had it and you would never know and it was a BIG place. Hers was a very rare type and she has had no problems since . It was quite painful after the numbness wore off though so be prepared for that. Good Luck, c

o

Thanks for the responses. I feel a little better about the surgery. I will think positively and think only good thoughts......

o

Good Luck tomorrow.

o

Good Luck Jstell! Surgeons today do such a great job, I will say some prayers for a good outcome for you!

o

Will be thinking about you!

o

Sending you positive thoughts for a good result.

o

I had a squamous cell cancer removed from the bridge of my nose 3 years ago. I saw what it looked like before closure and it was the size of a nickel, but didn't need any graft. It was sutured closed and healed fairly quickly. Be very careful before exposing the healed area to the sun for at least a year, even for a few minutes.

Once it healed I used zinc sunscreen every day. Of course I still use sunscreen, but it has healed so well that all you can see is a thin line if you're looking close enough.

Take along something to read and eat and the time will go fairly quickly.

o

I had MOHs for basal cell on my nose, and like you, I was prepared for a skin graft. Fortunately, I didn't need one. I had a cosmetic surgeon close the opening from the procedure, and it all healed really well. Best wishes for a smooth procedure and quick recovery. Keep us posted!

o

Thanks everyone. And, blubird, that is exactly what I was thinking about, so it was nice to hear you had such a good outcome. I'm off to see my surgeon........

o

Surgery went better than expected and did not need skin graft. I am in pain right now, and I think I may have one black eye tomorrow...... I bruise easily.

o

glad it's over. Take it easy and feel better soon!

o

So glad you didn't need a skin graft! I also had eye pain, probably from the numbing shots. It gets better fast, so hang in there! Also, FYI, if your nose seems a little crooked, don't panic like I did! Initially the skin is tight with the stitches and swelling, but it loosens and stretches in a short time. Everything will be fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here