Skin cancer on nose

Posted by jstell2008 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 18:00

Deleted

This post was edited by jstell2008 on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 19:43

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Skin cancer on nose

My SIL had it done. Her results were fabulous -- Two weeks later you'd never have known she had anything done.

Good Luck!

o

I had basal cell on the bridge/side of my nose and had MOHs surgery. You would never know and it was a BIG hole.

o

My DD also had it and you would never know and it was a BIG place. Hers was a very rare type and she has had no problems since . It was quite painful after the numbness wore off though so be prepared for that. Good Luck, c

o

deleted

This post was edited by jstell2008 on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 19:44

o

Good Luck tomorrow.

o

Good Luck Jstell! Surgeons today do such a great job, I will say some prayers for a good outcome for you!

o

Will be thinking about you!

o

Sending you positive thoughts for a good result.

o

I had a squamous cell cancer removed from the bridge of my nose 3 years ago. I saw what it looked like before closure and it was the size of a nickel, but didn't need any graft. It was sutured closed and healed fairly quickly. Be very careful before exposing the healed area to the sun for at least a year, even for a few minutes.

Once it healed I used zinc sunscreen every day. Of course I still use sunscreen, but it has healed so well that all you can see is a thin line if you're looking close enough.

Take along something to read and eat and the time will go fairly quickly.

o

I had MOHs for basal cell on my nose, and like you, I was prepared for a skin graft. Fortunately, I didn't need one. I had a cosmetic surgeon close the opening from the procedure, and it all healed really well. Best wishes for a smooth procedure and quick recovery. Keep us posted!

o

Deleted

This post was edited by jstell2008 on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 19:45

o

deleted

This post was edited by jstell2008 on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 19:48

o

glad it's over. Take it easy and feel better soon!

o

So glad you didn't need a skin graft! I also had eye pain, probably from the numbing shots. It gets better fast, so hang in there! Also, FYI, if your nose seems a little crooked, don't panic like I did! Initially the skin is tight with the stitches and swelling, but it loosens and stretches in a short time. Everything will be fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here