Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

Have you tried any of these soapy perfumes?

msrose
10 years ago

I came across this article on perfumes with a soapy, clean smell. Have you tried any of them. If so, what did you think?

It sounds weird, right, wanting to know exactly what perfumes that smell like soap? Well, when you think about it, soap is all about a clean, fresh, crisp scent and that's what I always look for in a perfume. If you've been dying to find out exactly what perfumes that smell like soap are out there, give some of my top picks a try!

1. AMOUAGE DIA PERFUME
If you want one of my top perfumes that smell like soap, this one is it! It's packed full of crisp and fresh notes that invigorate the senses! Its main notes include everything from sweet peach blossoms, rose oil, orange flower, peony and white musk. It's also got some fig and sage notes to it, which make it a perfume that you can wear in the day or at night!

2. HAPPY HEART BY CLINIQUE
Oh, this scent is absolutely one of my favorites! It's full of warmth, full of emotion and full of flowers! It's got water hyacinth, Mandarin, cucumber and yellow primrose in it. It's a scent that will unfold on your skin and leave you feeling totally fresh and clean � like you just got out of the shower! The cucumber is absolutely one of my favorite parts about this scent!

3. EAU DES 4 REINES BY L`OCCITANE EN PROVENCE
If you are looking for a really floral soapy smell, this is the one for you! It's packed full of Turkish rose, Moroccan rose and Bulgarian rose! If you like flowery soap smells that are clean, fresh and crisp, this is the scent for you! It's absolutely beautiful for the day time and ideal for date night!

4. CAL�CHE BY HERMES
This is a scent that is packed with floral and woody notes! It's filled with a softness and a youth that most perfumes don't have in them. If you're looking for a smell that is not too heavy, that still has that 'fresh out of the shower' smell to it, this is it! It's expensive but so worth it!

5. CLEAN SHOWER FRESH BY D'LISH
If you want a true 'fresh out of the shower' experience, this perfume is for you! It's packed full of orange musk, jasmine, orange flower, lily of the valley and lemon. It's also got some notes of sheer woods and mandarin. It's the ultimate clean scent and ideal for any girl looking for something soapy to spray on!

6. NAUTICA MY VOYAGE BY NAUTICA
Another soapy smell that I couldn't live without is all about Nautica! This mixture of amber, dewy peony, key lime and bergamot is ideal for any girl looking for something crisp to spray on for a day in the office or a date night out with her man! Trust me, he'll love this perfume on you!

7. JOY EAU DE PARFUM BY JEAN PATOU
Finally girls, I leave you with another fantastic soapy perfume � Joy Eau de Parfum by Jean Patou! It's a perfume that smells like peaches, roses, orchid, orris and jasmine. It's a little musky, really crisp and totally soapy! Give it a try! I also love the name -- joy!
So girls, I love perfumes that smell like you just got out of shower and had your favorite body wash on. What other perfumes do you use that smell just like soap? Tell me!
http://perfumes.allwomenstalk.com/awesome-perfumes-that-smell-like-soap

Here is a link that might be useful: Pefumes that smell like soap

Comments (14)

• covingtoncat
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I have Happy Heart and like it, and I wear Caliche but not often this time of year. It does smell very soapy at first but after 10-20 minutes settles down a bit. Didn't care for JOY but not sure why. Its been years. Maybe I should try it again.

• nanny2a
    10 years ago

Joy is the only perfume I ever wear. Given to me as a gift over 20 years ago, I loved it then, always will, and will never wear anything else!

• msrose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

nanny - Wow. I can't imagine having a perfume I love so much that it's the only thing I wear. I will definitely have to get a sample and try it.

Covington - I love Happy, so I have a feeling I would like Happy Heart also. Does Caliche smell more soapy than Happy Heart?

• covingtoncat
    10 years ago

Ms. Rose, Yes, most definitely. But it also depends on the version of Caliche. I have the Eu de Parfum and it is completely different for the other versions. I would try a sample of anything before buying. Scent always changes on me in ways I don't expect. I will smell a fragrance I admire on someone else and try it and it smells nothing like what I thought it would.

Good hunting ground for new scents is Nordstrom's. They will make you samples from the strengths you like in little vials you can take home and get a couple of wearings out of. I've crossed several off my list that way.

• nanny2a
    10 years ago

Msrose, Joy just smells “right” on me. I remember several years ago my husband came home from a flight raving about the yummy perfume one of the flight attendants was wearing. (He’s a pilot). He’s particular about scents, and can only tolerate certain ones, so the fact that this perfume on the flight attendant pleased him was exciting for me - a new perfume to try! So I went out and purchased a bottle of it, (I don’t remember now what it was), and applied it on myself. Hubby didn’t like it at all.....nor did I! I didn’t smell “right”. So now I’m back to the Joy, he likes it, I’m familiar with it, and it works for me!

• nanny2a
    10 years ago

I’ve also tried “Rose Essentielle” by Bvlgari and like it, as does DH, and it smells “right” on me. I bought it on a trip because I wanted to try something different that DH could tolerate. It’s not Joy, but works okay for those very few occasions when I want to use something different. You might check that out, too, as I consider it soapy, as well.

• nanny2a
    10 years ago

I’ve also tried “Rose Essentielle” by Bvlgari and like it, as does DH, and it smells “right” on me. I bought it on a trip because I wanted to try something different that DH could tolerate. It’s not Joy, but works okay for those very few occasions when I want to use something different. You might check that out, too, as I consider it soapy, as well.

• chibimimi
    10 years ago

I love Joy, but haven't worn it in years ... not sure why. Maybe the bottle got lost in one of our moves.

Eau des Quatres Reines is a wonderful, old-fashioned, clear-not-heavy rose scent. Perfect for spring and summer.

My current (for the past ten years or more) favorite is Fleurissimo by Creed, a soft, clean floral. It is also the perfume that the most people (male and female) have remarked (favorably) on. I'd like to say it's my signature scent, but it was actually created for Princess Grace.

• msrose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Chibimimi. Another one to add to my list! It's going to be awhile before I can get to Nordstrom's, so I decided to see if I could find some samples online and I'm having a harder time finding them than I thought I would. I finally found Joy and they also had Happy Heart, so I ordered both. In my searches, I keep coming across Chanel No 5. It may not have the clean scent I'm looking for, but I was just wondering if anyone has tried it and what you thought?

• alisande
    10 years ago

I adored Joy back in the 1960s. I never, ever would have described it as "soapy." That's like saying Chanel No. 5 is reminiscent of deodorant.

The others intrigue me. I'll have to check out Happy Heart.

• msrose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Chibimimi - I ordered a sample of Fleurissimo by Creed. Boy, is that one expensive perfume. Watch that be the one I fall in love with :) Do you buy it locally or have you found any good deals online?

• nanny2a
    10 years ago

Funny, Chanel No. 5 used to be my favorite before I found Joy. Now I’m also intrigued by Fleurissimo by Creed, but don’t know if I want anything more than a sample. I was stunned that a sample of Joy was $75 at Amazon, but a sample of Fleurissimo only $12.99. Where do you all get your samples? I’m not ready to spend the $$ to commit to a different scent unless I know DH likes it!

• msrose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

nanny - This is where I got the sample of Joy and Happy Heart. They didn't have any of the others I wanted

Here is a link that might be useful: My Perfume Samples

This post was edited by msrose on Sat, Aug 24, 13 at 15:44

• chibimimi
    10 years ago

Yes, sadly, Fleurissimo is expensive. My kids never know what to give me for Christmas, so I tell them to get me a bottle. It works out for everyone!

I first found it at Harrod's in London. At that time, it was very hard to track down in the US. I only found one store that sold it; the store was in Seattle, so shipped it to me. Now it is more available and several of the better department stores carry it. However, I haven't found anyone who discounts it very much, even online. If you like it, buy the larger bottle. It lasts well and is much less expensive per ounce that the smaller.

A word of warning: Do not be tempted to keep applying it because YOU no longer smell it. It's one of those perfumes of which the wearer loses the scent, unless applying nose to wrist. But everyone else can still smell it and love it. I get so many favorable comments every time I wear it. Some people do not even realize it's a perfume they smell, because it is not at all perfumy-smelling. It's a clear, light floral scent.

I hope you enjoy the sample. Just remember to keep sniffing your wrist!