Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21006250

spider poop

User
12 years ago

Anyone know what can be used to get 100% rid of spider poop. We have tried numerous things, even cleaners for boats. Most of it comes off but there is a yellow stain left behind on our white vinyl windows.

Comments (20)

• Oakley
    12 years ago

I did a google search asking "How to get rid of spider droppings" and there's a lot of info out there.

One lady said her boat cleaner took about 50% off, but the stain was still there, then she used Scrubbing Bubbles (which I love) and it did the trick.

Good luck

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oakley, I also did a lot of searching and tried a few things but as I said nothing really worked 100%. I wanted to know if someone here actually had experience with cleaning spider crap specifically off vinyl.

• Oakley
    12 years ago

Have you tried the Scrubbing Bubbles? It works wonders on tubs, especially when the boys were living at home! lol

You know, I never knew spiders left droppings before. Interesting!

• DLM2000-GW
    12 years ago

We have the same problem - only thing I've found that works is Mr Clean Eraser pads. Obviously labor intensive but good results and no chemicals dripping down into flower beds.

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

dlm2000, I will give Mr Clean a try. Thanks

• kitchendetective
    12 years ago

Gosh, how does one identify spider poop?

• kitchendetective
    12 years ago

Tried this?

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

We tried something along the same lines. Our neighbour had some spider and bird stain remover that he had used on their boat so we tried that. It didnt take off all the stain. Left yellow spots behind. Their boat color is yellowish so it works great for them, not so good on our white windows.

• hhireno
    12 years ago

Gosh, how does one identify spider poop?
    kd, that was my thought also but then your 2nd post indicates it is an identifiable problem for many people if a product exists.

I'm still curious about the problem and I'm afraid to google it. I don't really want to see pictures of it. So I have to ask those who deal with it, where do you find it? How do you find it? Do you know you have a lot of spiders? I'm not being a wiseguy, I'm just wondering.

• kitchendetective
    12 years ago

I googled it, but the photos looked like dots and the descriptions weren't that specific, either. I guess I don't have the problem, here or on the boat. (However, bird poop is another matter.) One person said to look at an active spider web and then you will see what the poop looks like underneath it. Our active spider webs are outside. The ones that form inside are about 20 feet up, in corners, and not allowed to remain very long. So, no discernible dots below. This is one of those "who knew" topics, isn't it?

• lizbeth-gardener
    12 years ago

Is the spider poop inside or outside of your house??

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The spider poop is on the window sills on the outside of our house. We live by the water where there is usually more spiders because of the larger population of flying insects is what I have read.

• hhireno
    12 years ago

We live by the water where there is usually more spiders

Rutt-roh, by later today most of us on the East coast will also be living by the water. I'd better get my canoe out, get to to the store, & buy some spider poop cleaner.

• DLM2000-GW
    12 years ago

Well, I'm in suburban Chicago and although I'm 4 blocks from Lake Michigan, I don't think of that as 'living on the water'! In our case, from about mid-summer on, I get up each morning to spiderwebs on the outside of windows in rooms we use most at night. The lights inside attract the bugs that spiders eat so the spiders love to build their webs where the bugs are. I like a convenient food source, too ;-)

Our windows are white vinyl clad, the window casings and sills are white painted wood and those spider spots are just one of those house chores no one thinks to tell you about!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Hah! Is that what that was. I never knew what was creating the little black dots on vinyl things...now I know.

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

Wow. I am really sorry I read this thread! :(

:)

Of course I will be checking when I get home.

• User
    9 years ago

Are you sure it is spider poop, or is it artillery fungus?

I had little black dots all over my windows at my prior house. I thought it was spider poop too. It was resistant to any cleaning products I could throw at it....and it turned out to be artillery fungus. It thrives in wood mulch.

If it is that, nothing totally eradicated it. I could soften the bumps and scrape them off...but they all left a small stain behind.

• 25sandi
    8 years ago

Just cleaned all the spider poop off my outdoor cushions with Sunlight bar soap, water and a scrub brush. Some spots I had to redo, but it got all marks off. Also works well as a spot cleaner for clothes.

• Shaun Ebert
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I have had artillery fungus and also am plagued by spider poop. Artillery fungus looks like little poppy seeds stuck to the house. The only way I found to get rid of it is to get rid of the mulch that they live in. Spider poop looks like little white and black drops on flat surfaces and black streaks on vertical surfaces.