Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My lunch crowd

Posted by awm03 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 13:44

About 12 wild turkeys decided to come for lunch today. We've had hard rain, and this ridge where we removed some overgrown shrubs has soft, freshly dug earth to make it easy for finding tasty bugs & worms. There were 4 other turkeys off to the right of this bunch.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My lunch crowd

A close-up:

o

And another:

o

So beautiful! Thanks for posting these pics.

o

How neat! A couple of them look really big.

o

Wonderful pics of them. Thanks for sharing them with us.

o

Wow! That's quite a bunch of gobblers! Thanks for sharing. We've been seeing an extraordinary bunch of Canada's, migrating I presume, or at least on their way. Seems early.

o

Fun! We have three that move through the yard. My French Bulldog Oscar chased them the other day (I didn't realize they were out there when we went out) and he now thinks he's a big hero.

Yesterday I saw them down the road a bit sitting on someone's split rail fence.

I just love the noises they make!

o

I love wild turkeys! We see them all the time too and I love hearing them roosting and gobbling out in the woods around our house. Great picture!

o

cool!

o

Nice group to lunch with!

o

Love it! My fondest Turkey memory was years ago, the day before Thanksgiving, and we looked out the front window and saw a turkey walking across the front porch!

o

Cute group! Guess that's one way of getting out of buying a round of drinks. ;)

o

We see them quite often here, but not near our house. They are out in the fields along the road. Nice photos. I never saw one up that close.

o

Edit - how embarrassing. I was thinking of a deer thread. Must have been longer ago than I realized. Sorry!

Thought of you and this conversation upon seeing a poem in the current issue of The New Yorker.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blacktail

This post was edited by jamies on Sun, Aug 24, 14 at 12:13

o

jamies, don't be embarrassed -- I loved the poem! We have deer here daily, in fact, they are eating my morning glory to bits (grrr!).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here