Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pammyfay

Ladies: Clothing question -- too-deep V-neck

pammyfay
10 years ago

I picked up a blouse at Kohl's that I think will be just the thing when I need something a bit dressier for going to religious services, but it requires a little "adjustment" -- the V-neck is just a bit too dramatic. Doesn't show the "girls," but I really need to cover up a tad more. The top's fabric is rayon.

I'm looking online for sleeveless shells and tanks (I don't have any of those in my wardrobe -- I'm mostly a Ts and casual pants person), but have any of you used those "modesty panels" that basically do the same trick as dickies? The ones I've seen either snap over the bra straps or loop over them in some way. One, called Cleava, has an additional piece that fits around the center front of the bra. I'll link to it.

Anybody ever use those modesty panels? Some on Amazon have bad reviews, some not-so-bad. Do they bunch up and generally don't look right? The one I'm linking to is a bit pricey, tho.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cleava

Comments (6)

• golddust
    10 years ago

I have lits of deep v-neck tops. I have several camisoles in various colors. They work great. I have not heard of the modesty panels you mentioned but camisoles are available everywhere.

• User
    10 years ago

I know this isn't what you asked but....
    Personally, I don't like the look of those neckline inserts.

I have quite a few tops that are way too low and, being the old school chick that I am, I don't like the idea of cleavage showing unless it's a dressy occasion.
    And to think that Miley Cyrus doesn't phase me in the least :-P

Anyway, I bought some nice square-ish neck camisoles in the Sonoma line at Kohls that are perfect.
    Low enough to look current but no valley :-)

• maire_cate
    10 years ago

I've used camisoles too but I have one dressy top with a lower than I'd like V neck and I tacked a piece of cotton lace inside it. I just laugh when people say they like my top and tell them that I always knew that someday I'd get to use some of those doilies my grand mother made.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

I also use camisoles. I like Jockey for Her.

• melsouth
    10 years ago

On a trip one time, I took a dress to wear without realizing how low cut it was.
    (I had tried it on, but the impact of the deep cleavage just didn't register until I was getting ready. Uh-oh moment!)

I stopped by a T J Maxx to get a camisole and ended up getting a set of those inserts, one black, one white, one beige.
    The dress was gray, and the black insert worked out great.

The event I was attending was very hot - outdoor, summer.
    I was SO glad not to have another layer of clothing under my dress!

• pammyfay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, I hit Macy's today after seeing some tanks on the online site and got one that I think will work -- it has some spandex and doesn't feel too thick. It was on sale, plus there was a Macy's coupon in the newspaper, so I think it was worth the gamble!

If it doesn't feel right with the blouse, I'll scout out the inserts.
    Thanks for sharing!