Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Missing B and where's Mtnrd?

Annie Deighnaugh
10 years ago

Just missing bronwynsmom and wondering and hoping things are going well with her family and she's hanging tough.

And wondering where on earth (literally) is mtnrdredux? Haven't heard from her in awhile....

Comments (14)

• ellendi
    10 years ago

As you know bronsynsmon decided to take a hiatus. I too hope to comes back soon.
    Funny that you though of mtn, because I was just thinking about her too. My guess is that she is busy traveling since camps are finished and kids are still off until September.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

::: waving :::

Hey, there! I was on vacation for a few weeks. I think I left before you got back, Annie?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well hey there...how goes it? How was your vacation? Mine was just fab! Highly recommend riverboats as a way to travel...there's simply nothing not to like about it.

I was wondering if you spent your vacation finding a new property on the shore to redo....

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

We had a great time. We saw a lot and did a lot of different things, everything from hiking to biking to whale watching and jet boating and ziplining. We saw a play, Cirque du Soleil, Niagara Falls and even a Paul McCartney concert. We stayed in quirky bnbs, Relais and Chateau inns, a yurt, and our own lighthouse!

Did you post on your trip? Can I scroll back? How did the wardrobe work?

As for the last point, am I that transparent? That predictable! Umm, yes, as we came down the coast we continued our year long search for an oceanfront home (with the other property still in legal limbo as to the deed). And ... I think we may put in an offer very soon. Woo hoo!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You can catch up on my vacation below...

Here is a link that might be useful: Musings on a riverboat cruise

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Wow, the photos are fabulous. What a wonderful part of the world. And a riverboat tour sounds so romantic, too! It looks like you had great weather?

I think maybe all the glory of these European palaces may have inspired your cloud ceiling project, peut etre?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We did luck out with the weather. Everyone told us to expect Budapest to be in the 90s, but it was sunny and in the 70s. Just perfect.

Being there may have made me think about the ceiling more, but it's been something I've wanted to do since the architect surprised us. He said barrel vault, I said clouds! And now that the veil is done and the bride is married, I need a new project.

It's getting so bad that I'm starting to think crazy thoughts...

There's this little house up on a knoll that I walk by on my walks, and it's been abandoned for years...but it looks so cute. It recently came on the market, and I'm getting so tempted to turn it into a flip....

I know...crazy thoughts!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

I don't know how crazy ... maybe it's worth looking into? Is it a foreclosure or something?

But maybe start with your "head in the clouds"...

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Post some pics of your vacation when you get a chance...I'd esp love to see the yurt! How was it?

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

Hate to interrupt here .
    Just want to remind Mtn that I am still sooo wanting to see that fountain !

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Annie,
    I had "reservations" about the yurt accommodation, so I actually double booked a hotel for the same time. No need! The yurt was excellent. These yurts are very very popular (the park service only has 5) and booking them is like trying to win a call in contest! I will post photos as soon as i can (still need to d/w 2,327 of them!).

Forboystoo,
    How kind of you to ask! Do you mean the koi pond? We ditched the millstone fountain idea, it wasnt workable.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Oh, and, i really miss Bronwyn's Mom, too!

and Marcolo, who didn't even tell us where he was going!

I hope all is well with both of them.

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

I'm guessing you saw B's post on the "other" side of the forum....

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

No, Bee, Ive been up at the lake since Thursday --- no connectivity by design --- will have to look. Thanks