Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dlm2000

Les - Back Pain book???

DLM2000-GW
11 years ago

What is the name of the book you've recommended over the years? Or is anyone else knows what it is. I thought i'd saved a link but can't find it and now my son is having ongoing issues. He's the type that will follow a regimen outlined in a book so this is a good option for him.

Thanks for any info on this.

Deb

Comments (9)

• DLM2000-GW
    Original Author
    11 years ago

THat's it! thanks so much, terriks. I'm chatting online with my son now. He's been seeing a chiro and he says for the first time in his life, he feels worse after those appointments and just keeps getting the same adjustments week after week. Hat it that my kids are so far away :(

• yayagal
    11 years ago

That book saved my life and I credit this forum and Les in particular. I had 15 years of hideous pain and three discectomy, laminectomies. When I read the book and put the theory in to practice, my pain level went from 100% to 25% and life is much better for me. Thanks Les.

• lee676
    9 years ago

I haven't read the whole thing, but thus far A Nation in Pain by Judy Foreman is excellent and well-researched, and delves into all sorts of treatments and their effectiveness, with exercise being the most prominent.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

I haven't heard of this book...just got it out of the library. I have a friend who has chronic issues and thought maybe this could help her....Thx!

• ellendi
    9 years ago

Funny, Stossel was just talking about this book. I recommended it to my BIL, who has chronic back pain.

Chiropractors are hit or miss. i too have come out worse than better. Not that they created damage, but saw no improvement and sometimes had pain where I didn't before.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

I find a huge difference in quality of chiropractors...some have magic hands, some are worthless, and some I think are even dangerous.

• texanjana
    9 years ago

I must be lucky and have a chiro with magic hands, because he has done wonders for me. I was a skeptic, but was in so much pain from degenerative disc disease which triggered sciatica that I was willing to try just about anything. I am now a believer, but I think Annie is right about some not being as good as others. I am going to read that book also.

• tinam61
    9 years ago

Physical therapy can also be a huge help and will teach you ways to make your body stronger and in many cases, this will help with back problems. I also suggest trying massage, but it's a bit hit and miss to find a good massage therapist - one who knows what they are doing. I recently had a problem with upper back/neck muscles that was causing problems in my shoulder. Thankfully, massage and exercise have just about cured it!