Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ms_thrifty

fashion vocabulary

ms-thrifty
10 years ago

Few old terms and new ones-for all the fashion "crazies" out there..
on trend--what happened to trendy and fad just seems to have disappeared.
booties
shooties
capsule
jeggins
style-used as a verb like to style as in what to wear it with
bookending--something like bookend your outfit like if your hair is brown wear brown shoes
coloration
orphans-or closet orphans
and what gets me is the body type terminology--pear I can assume is smaller sholders and big hips, but have you ever seen a woman look like an apple?
and none that fits someone like me-a pea on top of a potato with carrot stick legs and sausage arms!

What happened to things like min n match, coordinate, pair with or wear with, and the bookending cracks me up. came downstairs the other day when going out with DH and I was wearing my tan sandles-he says the usual "you look nice" his usual compliment when we get dressed to go somewhere together-I said I'm bookending with my shoes and hair (hair is sort of light brown sun streaked) and he looked at me like I was nuts...Then I explained and he just shrugged..

Comment (1)

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Oh, how I wish I had carrot stick legs!! Ha ha. I'm a pear with sausage legs. Maybe knockwurst, or bratwurst. And Jimmy-Dean-breakfast-sausage arms.

I don't know what most of those terms mean and I think I'm pretty fashion conscious! Shooties? Capsules? Sounds like we're talking about drugs.

Book ending...so we are supposed to match our shoes to our hair??