Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21006250

shine free sunscreen for face

User
11 years ago

I know summer is almost over but I use sunscreen year round. I am finally finished my Neutragena moisturizer with sunscreen. While I liked the way it kept my skin supple, I didnt care for the shine. I try different brands all the time but have not been successful in finding one that doesn't leave my face shiny. Do you know of a good face moisturizer with sunscreen that leaves a matte finish?

Comments (9)

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

La Roche Posay Ultra Light Fluid (SPF 60) is terrific, as is their new Primer-Sunscreen (SPF 50?). I believe the Primer-Sunscreen is advertised as being a "mattifying" product? One tip for that one; don't apply too much, and rub it in pretty well. Seems to keep my skin looking decent on a hot day (super hot, sticky, humid day--all bets are off though!).

I switch off between both, depending on where I am going to be during the day (just out walking, heading to the gym, or showered for the day and out and about, make-up no make-up....).

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I will give those two a try, thanks cat

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Let me know how you like them. :-)

• mitchdesj
    11 years ago

while we're discussing sunscreens for the face, is there an advantage to using
    a sunscreen over your moisturizer , 2 layers, as opposed to using a moisturizer containing sunscreen, 1 layer is the protection the same ?

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I dont think it makes a difference whether you use moisturizer and sunscreen separately or use one that is combined but I could be wrong. It would be interesting to find that out.

• mitchdesj
    11 years ago

I think it has to do with the proportion of sunblock in your cream, one usually does not put such a thick application of moisturizer with sunblock integrated to get enough sunblock, but I could be wrong; in fact, I'm googling for some facts, here's what I found so far.

Here is a link that might be useful: looking for facts

• tinam61
    11 years ago

I'm thinking the same way as mitch. For normal everyday - when I will have on a bit of makeup - I use a moisturizer with sunscreen. That is one good thing about mineral make-up also - it has sunscreen protection. But I rarely use it anymore.

If I'm going to be outside for a period of time, gardening, boating, walking, etc., etc., etc. I wear actual sunscreen. I use one for faces and it's either 45 or 50 SPF.

Good for you gals using SPF daily. I truly believe that is the single best thing we can do to prevent our skin from aging. Or perhaps I should say to slow down the signs of aging.

tina

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks mitch, I have learned something new! It does make sense layering. Now I just need to find a face sunscreen.

Tina, what do you use on your face?

• mitchdesj
    11 years ago

I'm just resurrecting this thread to point out the Skinceuticals face sunblock, which I love and use everyday; they've come out with a tinted version, since the original white version left a white cast on the skin, since it contains zinc oxide.
    I use it on my neck and chest area also since I often wear tank tops .

It's called Physical Fusion uv defense spf 50- it's pricey but my skin is so thin, this is what I feel most protected with.