Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

So.....Candy Crush Saga, Anyone?

User
10 years ago

I admit it--- I'm hooked. I recently purchased more turns on a difficult level when I had just one ingredient or jelly left. At first, it was a source of shame, but I quickly got over it. I know people who buy turns and lie about it, lol! To sme of you all this will sound (rightly) like gibberish, but to others....well, no explanation needed, right? :-)

Anyone else addicted?

This post was edited by kswl on Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 0:44

Comments (56)

• neetsiepie
    10 years ago

Ahhh, Baylor-thank you for the hint!

I have FINALLY beat level 70-it's taken me weeks. I got so frustrated that I quit playing for a while, thinking I'd NEVER get past it, then suddenly late last night I made it. I was watching TV while playing, so I can't say it was strategy as I was not really trying to be strategic at all.

I haven't bought any lives for Candy Crush-but I've been playing Pet Rescue and I will confess to buying help and lives for that stupid game.

I miss playing the lower levels of Candy Crush-some were really fun-but I can tell you that level 70 is HORRIBLE! I just do not know how I finally managed to beat it.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Baylorbear, I tried the time change---a tip I got from our eldest son who is the one who got me hooked in the first place---- but it messed up my calendar so much I changed it back immediately. I didn't spend any money until level 65, which I stayed on for about a week!

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Agh....I just discovered this on vacation (still on vacation so still addicted). I'm on level 29. I think it took me about 400 tries to get through level 23. That was a tough one.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Last summer for me it was Angry Birds. The summer before, it was Bedazzled or whatever it's called.

I can't bring myself to pay for extra turns.

• RNmomof2 zone 5
    10 years ago

On level 102 and haven't bought one thing or gotten extra lives from Facebook. Think I will be on this level for a while though. It's a bugger between bombs, bringing down ingredients, and those regenerating chocolate things.

It is addictive on levels where you feel you can beat it, just frustrated now.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Had to open the thread because I had no idea what this was about.

No, I don't do any computer games. Used to love Galaga and Ms. Pac-Man back in the day, though.

• baylorbear
    10 years ago

kswl, I'm sorry that you're not able to use the tip, but that does make sense that it would mess up your calendar! My sister told me about it, and I've had to do the whole "change the date" routine many times since then!

rnmomof2, I can't get past level 100!! Those bombs are tricky! Hopefully you'll beat 102 soon!

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Omg, the regenerating chocolate..,.,the WORST!

• deeinohio
    10 years ago

I love it. With the recent loss of my father, I can forget it for a while with this fun,addicting game.

I'm on level 108, and have spent about $4.00 to begin new levels, not to buy lives. I tried the time change, too, but it caught up with me, and wouldn't give more lives until the next day. I didn't go days into the future,however, just hours. I'll have to try baylorbear's way.

• judiegal6
    10 years ago

Need I say more...

• tinam61
    10 years ago

Not into games at all - and that's a good thing because I spend more than enough on blogs and Pinterest!

tina

HA - love the pic - judie!

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lol... When can I check in??

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Another Crusher here. I think it is Sweet! Divine!

I am stuck on Level 70. I got to the point where I had only two or three jellies to unlock when I ran out of moves. I refuse to pay. However, I forgot that I have some boosts to use, although I am saving them for the even more diabolical levels to come, presuming I get past 70.

I play on Facebook, so I get Friends to unlock the different sections and we send each other lives and extra moves. I hope I never give in and pay, but I have been tempted.

See you in the rehab center.

• CaroleOH
    10 years ago

I am also a new Candy Crush addict. I'm on level 35 - the level 30's are very difficult. I admit to buying a few boostersâ¦.The candy sucker crusher is very satisfying! :-)

I also "cheat" by googling the level I'm on and getting tips from more successful Candy Crush players. Several times, they've really helped me.

Interesting tidbit about this game. The creators say you don't need to buy boosters/lives etc. to play, but some levels are so difficult, it's very tempting.

One stat I read is there are 15 million people playing this game. If even half of those players buy a few boosters a day, the creator is making $30 million a day on this game!! With those numbers, you'd think they could lower the price or give you more!! LOL

• anitamo
    10 years ago

Another addict here. I rue the day I started playing. Lol. I'm on 213 now. One of the worst. There have been some levels so trying that I swear I will quit. Then all of a sudden, I win. The game company wants to make money, so they make it so impossible at times that you'll cave and pay for boosters or extra moves. But since I play the I Pad " change the date game"' I get all the lives I want and don't give in and pay.

• Lyban zone 4
    10 years ago

I also have been playing for a few weeks now.
    On my iPad I am on level 35 and on my pc on level 29.
    I have not bought any lives yet.....
    Warning: addictive......addictive....addictive

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Question: do you always follow the suggested move of the blinking candies, or do you ignore them?

I am going to be on Level 70 for the rest of my life.

• judiegal6
    10 years ago

When I was playing, (before rehab) I purposely did not use the suggested moves. I think they were put there to help you lose. By the way it was level 70 that put me over the edge.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LEVEL 95 !!

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

I tried it this week, you can all laugh at me but I'm stuck on level 12, :(

Not addicted yet, but I can understand the attraction.
    The music makes me sluggish, kind of lulls me to sleep.

I'm going to read tutorials online so I can get off level 12.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Sound the trumpet! Beat the drum!

I finished Level 70!!!! I could see I was getting close to winning but also getting low on moves. I had a bunch of Boosts saved up (candy eating teeth and lollipops) so I used a few to get me to the end.

Woo hoo! Then I finished Level 71 in one try. Yippee. but that was an easy one.

The blinking candies that suggest a move drive me nuts. Sometimes I make that move just to stop the blinking. Does anyone have the phone number for that rehab center?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I'm officially becoming sleep deprived, thank you very much. I should've never started.

I'm now at the stage where I spend my evenings doing kenken puzzles until a new life comes along as I refuse to spend money on this at all...bad enough I spend so much time at it.

Rather than wait for a new life, I should GET a life!

• ellendi
    10 years ago

I can't play the music, it would stay in my head for hours after.

• golddust
    10 years ago

I don't play games on my devices unless it is with my 20 month old Great Grandson. I have downloaded a few and have played a couple over the course of a couple weeks. Suddenly I started to feel like my games were bossing me around so I deleted them. Good riddance! It felt freeing.

I am not without sin. I'm a researcher type of person. No question or thought I have goes unexplored.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

L.E.V.E.L. 98.... I may come up for air at 100.

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

Not addicted yet but it's nice to go to CC once in a while,
    I am at level 15 now, lolâ¦..

• sedeno77
    10 years ago

Stuck in level 347 - yes, it is an addiction.
    So, I think I will go back to reading books...

• sovra
    10 years ago

I haven't played it, but I did recently read an interesting article about the psychology behind how some developers monetize their 'free' games. I went and found it again just now-- The Top F2P Monetization Tricks. The bit about Skill Games vs. Money Games specifically references Candy Crush.

My personality is that I'd probably play it until it became too frustrating because I refuse to do in-game purchases... but it would annoy me that I felt pushed.

• Lyban zone 4
    10 years ago

Sovra,

That is quite an interesting article. Also very scary when I think of the young adolescents out there. It almost sounds like how a gambler gets hooked.

As for me I am enjoying the game, have not spent any money but then again I am not on facebook and I do not think I could spend if I wanted to because of that.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Very interesting article. If I read it correctly, those who are willing to pay are offered more chances to buy, therefore enticing them to spend more. Even more reason to not pay.

Did anyone here get to the very high levels without paying?

• sedeno77
    10 years ago

I have only paid after weeks in the same level and all I have left is one more move to finish the play.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Are the candies truly random? Sometimes it seems they show up in place that they know I won't be able to knock out....

• Vertise
    10 years ago

I tried this today and can't see why people get addicted! What's the draw? I'm only at Level 3, lol. But have already lost interest.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yvette, me too.

Now on level 102!!!,

• CaroleOH
    10 years ago

Okâ¦.I need help because this level is making me crazy.

I am on level 35 which is just clear all the jelly. Which I've done countless times, but without reaching 280,000 points so I start over.

I have tried to focus on making striped candies and matching them with a chocolate. Still not enough points!! If there was a booster to just buy points I would be sorely temptedâ¦.

Someone sent me this videoâ¦sort of funny, sort of sad. Warningâ¦lots of F words so don't watch if profanity offends you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Candy Crush Addict video

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Jeez, that video is sad. I hope it is a joke, as the comments say.

Good reminder to put down the computer, get off the couch and don't spend money on games.

As I recall, you have to concentrate on earning point as well as lining up winning moves (clear jelly) on level 25. You have to be careful not to clear all the jelly until you have enough points.

This is crazy.

• RNmomof2 zone 5
    10 years ago

Kswl--If you conquer level 102 I am going to pout!! I only play my lives 2-3 times a day because I have given up on that silly level. Oh well. Good luck.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I've determined that candy crush is bad for your face. I realized I've been unconsciously frowning while I'm playing, and have been wondering why my TMJ has been acting up...couldn't be all that teeth gritting I do when playing, could it???

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Well the Facebook Saga version is more interesting than the King.com one. At Level 30, I'm about done with the CCS addiction. Who wants to be jerked around and manipulated by these companies? And for what? So they can be rich. That's about it. What a royal waste of time. I think the joke is on us.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I haven't checked the thread for days, mmonof2, but...... I'm on level 107!!!

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Woohoo!!!!

• Vertise
    10 years ago

"you have to concentrate on earning point as well as lining up winning moves (clear jelly) on level 25. You have to be careful not to clear all the jelly until you have enough points. "

Yes, do be verrry careful!!!!

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Don't you hate when you have some moves all lined up and pow! there is an avalanche that turns loose the regenerating chocolate?

I'm on level 86.

• caminnc
    10 years ago

I have been stuck on Level 33 for a week now, ugggh! Any tips???

• RNmomof2 zone 5
    10 years ago

Kswl--level 107 here too. It's frustrating how it takes forever to beat one level, but then you beat the next several on the first try. I have the feeling I may be on 107 for a while though.

• Vertise
    10 years ago

It really bugs me all these free lives being sent back and forth and most of them can't be used because when you start up the lives bank is already full. any way around this?

Apparently there is big money in virtual product sales, lol. I wonder what our national GVP is.

• Vertise
    10 years ago

It really bugs me all these free lives being sent back and forth and most of them can't be used because when you start up the lives bank is already full. any way around this?

Apparently there is big money in virtual product sales, lol. I hope I never find myself contributing to our GVP. Wonder how much we make as a nation.

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

Rehab house for Candy Crush addicts !

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

. It's frustrating how it takes forever to beat one level, but then you beat the next several on the first try. I have the feeling I may be on 107 for a while though.

I'm sure that's by design. If it was too hard to beat every level people would just give up. You get encouraged when you beat a level and keep playing.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Nice house. Very (very) sweet. I am now on 89. It's hard to get enough points to win and the ingredients keep getting stuck in corners.

Hmm, not sure what to do about the free extra moves dilemma. It took my awhile to figure out that you have to activate them before the game starts. I still haven't caved and paid to play.

• CaroleOH
    10 years ago

I got past 35! But now stuck of 56 which is the split screen with the chocolates and black screened jellys.

I can't seem to get to the bottom level and when I do miraculously I can't keep back the growing chocolates. It makes me crazy how slow the game is to clear so I can click on something, but meanwhile the chocolates keep invadingâ¦.

I think I need a striped one and a dotted chocolate, but those are so hard to get in the small upper area!

Hate this gameâ¦..