Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edieallie

Spending one night in Nashville-what's for dinner??

OllieJane
10 years ago

Hi Everyone! I guess I will give a prelude to my real question! We have had the busiest summer! We moved!! Sold our house in two days and now have bought another house a little closer to campus to remodel. This is a house built in the 70's and love some of the things in it.

Anyway, we are on our way to Kentucky this next week to visit family in Lexington, and we are driving this time. We usually fly, but since DS is older and has his IPAD and "Beats" to occupy him, we are driving.

We are stopping in Nashiville for overnight stay, and was wondering if any of you locals (or not) may know a great place to eat dinner. Just good food, not necessarily a 5 star restaurant, we aren't taking dressy clothes, but a really good and fun, if possible, but doesn't have to be fun. I'm sure we will be eating breakfast the next day too, so any ideas about that would be helpful.

Also, if you know a good hotel? Need to make reservation.

Comments (6)

• lyfia
    10 years ago

I'm sure there are other options that would be more local type foods, but we ate at the linked restaurant that was several blocks down the street from our hotel when visiting back in October. We did eat at a few other places too near downtown, but nothing that I found really special. No suggestion for breakfast as we just had some snacks and then an early lunch instead.

We all really liked the linked place below and they were great in being careful with what our daughter could eat as she can't have anything with dairy in.

You might want to search for restaurants and breakfast and read reviews online too to find some places.

Here is a link that might be useful: Italian

This post was edited by lyfia on Fri, Aug 2, 13 at 15:28

• User
    10 years ago

If you're on your way to Kentucky, go through Nashville, hit 65 north, and stop in Hendersonville. I can't say enough good things about Cafe Rakka. The food is always fresh and good, and there's usually a bit of a line for lunch. Closed on Sundays though. There's a Holiday Inn Express just a bit further down the road from Rakka, and a Hyatt Place as well if you want something with a bit "more". Or back up the road closer to 65 is a Country Inn and Suites that is pretty nice for the price. The whole area has good access to Old Hickory Lake for fishing or swimming if you have a bit more time in your trip for some side adventures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cafe Rakka on Urbanspoon

• texanjana
    10 years ago

We spent some time in Nashville in April en route to see our daughter in Memphis. We ate at Merchant's, Capitol Grill, The Catbird Seat, and Etch. All were wonderful, and highly recommended. We stayed with family in Brentwood, so don't know about hotels.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

I was just in Nashville this weekend! I travel for business to the West End area. There are two fabulous restaurants, both which can be reached off I-40 or I-440.

The one is Sonobana Japanese (88% rating on UrbanSpoon). They have been around a long time, and their dinner bento boxes are awesome.

The other one is Anatolia Turkish Restaurant (93% rating on UrbanSpoon) which is pretty much next door to Sonobana in a Target shopping plaza.

Don't know if you are in this area or if you wish to be closer to downtown, but I definitely recommend either of these.

• User
    10 years ago

Yeah, I do Anatolia if I need something on this side of Nashville for timing's sake for the route, or if I'm going east and not north. The roasted lamb or the eggplant are favorites. And the sour cherry juice is really yummy!

I'll have to try Sonobana the next time I pass through!

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

The last couple of times I've traveled it's just been overnight, so I have not had the chance to go to either of them this year. :(