Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Day after tomorrow...

neetsiepie
10 years ago

Gads, I'm not stressed at all! I was up before the sun again this morning and am making significant progress on getting things packed up.

I gave up on two projects that won't be missed-feeling very relieved about that. But of course, my mind is reeling with sixteen other things that need done! DELEGATE DELEGATE DELEGATE!!

I know it'll all be pulled off beautifully, but I can't help but feel I'm forgetting something urgent. Officiant? Check. DJ? Check. Photographer? Check. Caterer? Check. Brides dress? MOB dress? Groomsmen outfits? CheckCheckCheck. Bridesmaids are getting their outfits squared away-so no worry about that. Have checked on the venue-it's all squared away.

Oh well-I've got bucket loads to do today-thanks for letting me let off a little pre-wedding jitters steam!

Comments (19)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Hang tough, I'm sure it'll all be wonderful.
    Shoes?
    Jewelry?
    Flowers?
    Boutineers?
    Food?
    Water?
    Tables?
    Something old, new, borrowed, blue?
    Aspirin????
    :)

• kellyeng
    10 years ago

I'll just throw out some stuff from the top of my head:

Flowers?
    Seating?
    Parking?
    Guest Book?
    Hair & Makeup?

• User
    10 years ago

Good Luck ! Relax...all anyone will remember is how much love was glowing on the most wonderful day you helped create. c

• neetsiepie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Shoes? As of Sunday, everyone but one bridesmaid was complete. One project I chose not to worry about was my shoes. Because I need to wear special types of shoes, I'm not overly concerned about mine.
    Jewelry? All taken care of
    Flowers? A worry-should be done by Friday morning (DIY)
    Boutineers? Another DIY, but plan in place
    Food? Caterer handled-need to have snacks for the set up day. Also coffee-but the venue has a coffee shop
    Water? Thanks for the reminder-will need to bring some for set up day-wedding is already taken care of for that
    Tables?-handled (thankfully!)
    Something old, new, borrowed, blue? Was done at the shower-old was a locket my parents gave me as a child, new was her evening wrap. Borrowed was her Grandfather's money clip and blue was her Grandmothers sapphire bracelet. They will be incorporated in her bouquet since my dad and my MIL are no longer with us, they're nice ways to pay tribute to them.
    Aspirin???? in the kit.

Flowers? Must order some Stargazers today to pick up tomorrow, rest are handled. Hydrangeas from Grandma-in-laws house and dried lavender are already to go, just need to pick up some fresh stuff tomorrow.
    Seating? Handled!
    Parking? Was a logistical nightmare, but we have it handled now. Just need to get signs made
    Guest Book? This is going to be a cool feature-a guest photo booth instead of a book. We've got a designated person to take the guests photos (white board for them to write their sentiment/greeting). I packed up everythign for the booth this morning.
    Hair & Makeup? Bride and MoH are handling that.

I just remembered something I need to ask the bride about-she was going to set up a site where people could upload their wedding pics, since everyone has a smart phone these days, we expect pics to go viral right away and by using a hashtag, they can go to the site for the bride & groom to use. We're also having a pro-photographer, which is a relief for me!

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

Small emergency kits that are quickly and easily accessible. They can be as simple as Ziploc bags filled with what you might need, all kept close by in a small tote.

*Small portable sewing kit with basic thread colors (black and white), fabric tape for quick hem repairs, a few safety pins, small scissors . . . just in case.

* Small first-aid kit with Tums, aspirin, Band-Aids, throat lozenges, etc.

* small general "help" kit: (pick & choose what works best for you all) comb, bobby pins, extra pair of pantyhose, wipes, Kleenex, extra lipstick

Hope all goes well for you and yours and that the weather is beautiful for your daughter's special day.
    Lynn

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

This might be a great thing to delegate to a close friend of yours or your DD's, or a family member who wants to help with anything last minute. Heck . . . delegate whatever you can!!!

• dedtired
    10 years ago

rings?

Take some sandpaper to scuff up the bottom of new shoes so no one goes flying.

Safety pins -- big ones just in case. My niece's dress was bustled for the reception and with all the dancing, the bustling popped out. Thank heavens her other aunt had her regular purse with her with a bunch if safety pins. Saved the day.

• neetsiepie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

*Small portable sewing kit with basic thread colors (black and white), fabric tape for quick hem repairs, a few safety pins, small scissors . . . just in case.
    -excellent idea. I happened to pick up a small sewing kit and a pack of safety pins today while I was getting some velcro.

* Small first-aid kit with Tums, aspirin, Band-Aids, throat lozenges, etc.
    -That's a good one-didn't think of Tums. Bride has aspirin and other stuff, I have some Xanax for her-she's prone to panic attacks and is out of medication. She was glad I mentioned that. I've also got a small bottle of mouthwash in my purse anyway, but I'll pack it along in case someone gets an upset tummy and needs to clean out their mouth.

* small general "help" kit: (pick & choose what works best for you all) comb, bobby pins, extra pair of pantyhose, wipes, Kleenex, extra lipstick

DD2 has this ready. We've also booked an extra hotel room for Friday (most of the wedding party is camping that Friday night after the wedding) since check out is at 11 on Thursday-and I want to have an extra room for showers, dressing, etc without worrying about the time. I've also got on my list to pack my iron (just in case the hotel doesn't have one) and an extra blow dryer. Also extra pillows, eye mask, ear plugs...I used to travel a lot for work, so I have a motel pack ready.

I went today and picked up the last of what I might possibly need-I've also lined up help for getting my truck loaded up tomorrow, and have other people with trucks and SUV's coming to haul stuff out there.

I am always over prepared-I even happened to notice that the tent for the bridal party is setting on gravel, so I'm bringing a large drop cloth to lay on the gravel so the brides dress doesn't drag on gravel. And I'm packing along a portable electric fan-JUST IN CASE! We'll be 'hiding' in a covered tent, could get toasty in there so don't want anyone sweaty before walking down the aisle!

The weather is supposed to be in the low-mid 80's, perfect! I was worried it'd be HOT-as we tend to get our hottest days in August, but we've got a cool front. Don't mind cloudy-as long as it's not too humid. And that night will be cool and comfy, too!

• Bethpen
    10 years ago

Best wishes for a beautiful day!

Beth P.

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

Candle lighters, extra ones so someone can help you light up everything.

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

Box for gift envelopes/cards?
    extra votives-

music playlists -

typed out time schedule for the order of things to happen

I wish you a wonderful time !!

• neetsiepie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yep-it's all set up. I've been collecting flameless candles for months-have loads ready to go-tested and packed up. Also have a couple dozen regular votive candles and holders, plus 3 of those long candle lighters.

We're using a really cool Buddha statue that is holding a lotus bowl as the card holder.

So far, the only fly has been trying to find the Yahtzee score sheets I printed up the other day. We have lawn Yahtzee dice-I have clipboards & pens...just can't find the sheets, so I will be printing up more this morning.

Also going to cut a few more curly willow branches and spray paint them in a few minutes. I need to pack up my dress and stuff-then have people coming to help load up vehicles around 1pm our time..

I am *hoping* to get a small nap in...my niece finally had her baby early this morning, so I was woken by the text message at 2am my time...and didn't sleep well after that. My mind is reeling!!

• nancybee_2010
    10 years ago

Good luck with everything, pesky! It sounds like it's going to be wonderful.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Just wanted to wish your daughter (and you) an absolutely marvelous day tomorrow. I imagine it will be just perfect and lots of fun, too!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Thinking about you and your family and the wonderful wedding....enjoy!

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Can't wait to hear and see all about it!

• golddust
    10 years ago

Have a beautiful day, my dear friend. I hope it's all you envisioned. Please tell us all about it.

• golddust
    10 years ago

Have a beautiful day, my dear friend. I hope it's all you envisioned. Please tell us all about it.

• judiegal6
    10 years ago

Can't wait to hear how it went.