|Somewhere along the way I started tracking recalls. There are a number of sites including gov. |
It surprised me that a number of appliances and common items we use are listed. More so when someone posts about buying a specific item. The sites let you search by manufact, serial number, model or just a name.
Do any of you check recalls prior to buying? I see the various products still being sold in stores, of course the salesperson is never going to tell you there is a recall. You have to learn about it on your own to get your new product fixed. Most which are truly dangerous are removed, although I still see them on shelves. One was a spray sealant for tile and 2 years later it was still on a big box end cap. They did finally get it off shelf.
|i am on an email list mailing for food that is being recalled for i.e. listeria, e coli. etc. contaminated items|
|Wow, that's scary! I thought they had to take things off the market...apparently not, huh? Although, I must say, oftentimes it is certain lot numbers that are recalled. Could that have been the case? |
I think I read once that it is not even legal to sell recalled things on craigslist or at yard sales...for instance; car seats, strollers, baby beds.
This post was edited by redcurls on Sun, Aug 31, 14 at 3:15
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here