Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

Sir Paul M. here this weekend!!!!

Faron79
9 years ago

Wooo-hooo!

The Paul McCartney "Out there" Tour is nearing Fargo!!!

He's playing in Chicago as I type this, & rolls into the Fargodome this Sat. night!!!!! We got our tix months ago...and now it's almost here! I was a little nervous when he was sick last month!

Has anyone seen Sir Paul...on this tour, or previously?

Faron

Comments (29)

• lee676
    9 years ago

I saw him at RFK Stadium in DC, but that was about 15 years ago. Great show though (me and 50,000 fans singing along to the fadeout of "Hey Jude" with the guy who wrote the song!). He did "Imagine" and "God Only Knows" for encores.

• Elraes Miller
    9 years ago

He's coming to Fargo just to see you? You sure know how to get the best. Have a great time. I know you will be posting back. Don't leave out anything.

• badgergal
    9 years ago

I saw him last year in Milwaukee, WI. Fabulous show! He performed in an outdoor venue on a very hot, humid night but that didnt stop him from singing nonstop for about 2-1/2 hours. It was amazing how great his voice sounded for all 38 songs he sang. The video production that went along with the show was incredible too. He definitely still had a passion for his art.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

TC-

Why, yes...Sir Paul IS coming to see me...aaaaannnd ~~~ 23,000 sold Fargodome patrons...;-)

I had free tickets to see him & Wings waaaayy back in the latter 80's @ the Mpls. Metrodome. They were nosebleed tix, but it was a good show!

Faron

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

What fun, Faron! Would love to see Sir Paul! We're seeing the Beach Boys tonight. Bought DH VIP tickets for our anniversary last month. Should be fun.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OP-

Cool! The Beach-Boys were just here last month (in neighboring Moorhead, MN), at a smaller outdoor amphitheater. Wasn't able to go dang it!

Enjoy the eternal teenagers!

I s'pose some of Paul's trucking, etc., may start trickling into the Fargodome later today...most of it coming Friday I'd imagine?! It would be fun to see THAT caravan on the Interstate!!

Faron

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

His show here in Chicago last night is getting rave reviews - no break, no costume changes, just continual music. Take a look at the set list from last night - holy cow!!! Wish I was there. You're living right, Faron - enjoy.

Here is a link that might be useful: McCartney Set List

• maddielee
    9 years ago

Paul does not disappoint. (although I want him to retire from the concert circuit before people start saying he's too old.)

Enjoy the concert!

ML

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dlm-

You rock Girl!
    That's a good list! I haven't checked if there's a set-list for Fargo yet. I AM kinda surprised Fargo got this concert! I NEVER thought He'd EVER be way up here...?!?!??!?!

Faron

• neetsiepie
    9 years ago

Thought of you when I was at the Def Leppard/KISS show a couple weeks ago, Faron. Had really good seats, on Gene Simmons side-what an experience THAT was!! Of course, my boys, Def Lep, were exceptional as always.

The Beach Boys are playing at our State fair-I saw them a million years ago-with Dennis Wilson! So I might go see them again this summer. Also just won tickets to Motley Crue's final tour show in two weeks. Also won tickets to ZZ Top and Jeff Beck in August. No SPM for me, tho-but hoping I might be able to get to Tom Petty. Another summer of concerts for me again!

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Pesky, do go to see the Beach Boys! John Stamos is guesting on this tour so hope he'll be there for you too. He's easy on the eyes for sure. The music was great and we had so much fun with the VIP thing! Even though the 'originals' aren't there except for Mike Love and Bruce Johnston (not really an original but came in later) who wrote a lot of their stuff, they rocked! Wish Brian W and Mike had not had their falling out a few years back. But they paid some nice tributes to those who are gone (Dennis and Carl) and to George Harrison.

That's a great playlist Sir Paul's doing. Faron, you are one lucky soul! Enjoy!

• lee676
    9 years ago

I wish I would have seen the Beach Boys at their 50th anniversary show last summer, which did have Brian Wilson and Al Jardine as well as Mike, Bruce and even David Marks (who filled in for Al in the early '60s when he temporariy dropped out of the band). Bruce not an original Beach Boy but has been with them since 1965, early enough to sing on "California Girls". I did see one of their July 4 shows in the early '80s - Dennis and Carl were there, although Brian wasn't.

• voila
    9 years ago

Saw Sir Paul years ago in Miami, when Linda was playing on stage with him, probably early 1990's. Even back then DH and I got a chuckle out of how old the fans were. Like the gentleman who was bald on top, but had a grey ponytail. Have a great time, Faron.

This post was edited by voila on Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 19:10

• chibimimi
    9 years ago

I last saw Sir Paul as a member of the Beatles, back in '64 or so (I'm old!). I last saw the Beach Boys in 1978 or so and I think all the Wilson brothers were there ... I take that back! I think I saw them again sometime in the mid- to late-80s.

My favorite concert EVER was Jimmy Buffett at Mud Island in Memphis. He came just about every year and every year a group of us would go. One year It started raining HARD in the middle of the concert -- a real deluge. Since it's open air, they obviously had to shut down all the electricals. So Jimmy got an acoustic guitar and sat on the edge of the stage while a crew member held an umbrella over him. The die-hard fans who didn't flee the storm crowded (very small crowd, actually) the stage and had a personal concert from him. We all got drenched, but who cared? Great night!

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh my Voila!

I did see some bald guys with ponytails tonight!!
    (eeeeeewwww!)
    At least there was kids there too! That was good to see.
    HELLUVA good show!! Damn it was fun!
    DD went with me, & she liked it. I was glad she could see some musical history in action. She even took a brief video of all the action during "Live & let Die"!

I'll see if I can get some pics off my phone...to the computer...to this thread!

Faron

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ok...tryin' some concert-related pix here:

The trailer(s) entrance ramp to the bowels of the Dome. Trucks, etc., are on the football-field level when backing down there...
    One of their buses is on the right.

Faron

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The above pic was taken Friday evening....night b4 show.

Next is some of the 18 trucks lined-up! All matching red...

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My camera/phone is a Samsung "Brightside"...a yr.+ old now?! Not the best camera, compared to the smartphone-types! Those are awesome!
    Buuuut....here's some taken with my phones' so-so camera...

This 1 taken earlier in show-

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Aaaarrgh...
    Even the SLIGHTEST motion is enough to blur these! Is there a way to speed-up the shutter?
    Another early shot-

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

At least that 1 was a little clearer....!

Aaaaannnd another-
    This was during "Blackbird". It's hard to see, but he's on a large platform that went up ~~~20' (??), with video-boards that expanded too! On that platform, there was a video of a white rose opening.On the side-boards, you can see him better! The band was on break during this...

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

....aaaaannnnd from the bombastic "Live & let Die"! Everything cuts loose on this song! Synchronized pyro, explosions....Woooo!
    Paul is at his piano on the mid-right of the shot. Barely legible as a person...lol!
    There was a row of pyro @ the front, & across the back.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another from L&LD-

Faron

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Last of 3 from L&LD-
    ("halfway" decent shot there...!)

Faron

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Can't remember what song this was...
    (Uggghhh...blurry shot...sorry)

Faron

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Couple minutes after lights back on...

Faron

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Last shot from lower down...
    Our 2 tix were $150+ each. Those people down front obviously paid considerably more!!!
    DW & DD got VIP tix to Cher (w/ Pat Benata & Neil Geraldo), after she announced more Fall dates. She'll be coming to the Fargodome Wed. Oct. 29th.

Prices???....** cough-cough ** ....don't EVEN ask...lol.!

The Motley-Crue/Alice-Cooper circus ("All bad things must come to an End" tour) rolls in here in Nov. That's MY kind of show!!!! ;-)

Faron

• neetsiepie
    9 years ago

Here's video I took of KISS's finale. Quite the show! I'll try to get some pix of Motley Crue, but my seat won't be as good as it was for the Def Leppard/Kiss show

Here is a link that might be useful: Rock n Roll all night

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

Faron, I'd have loved to seen Paul in concert, but I had no clue he was in our area until I read about a Nebraska kid that took is picture with Paul and Warren Buffett in the background. I guess they strolled the Dundee area of Omaha last evening.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nebraska kid with Paul and Warren

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is an ok video from someone REAL close @ the dome! You can damn near FEEL the blasts during L&LD!

Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: McCartney dome video...

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES