Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwlolo

Soft Soft sheets

gwlolo
10 years ago

I would love to find some sheets which are really soft but don't pill. I hate the high threadcount sheets we now have and would prefer something that is smooth and soft. Is that an incompatible requirement? Do you like your sheets? Do share.

Comments (9)

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

I love the Charisma sheets from Costco. They feel cool and smooth.

• baylorbear
    10 years ago

We have the Hotel Collection sheets from Macy's and I really like them. I'm pretty sure they have a high thread count, but they don't pill. They are expensive, but I bought ours during a good sale.

• satine_gw
    10 years ago

I bought a set of Laura Ashley sheets at Marshalls and they are the softest ever. They are 100% cotton but I don't remember the thread count. So soft and so far no pills. Even better they were on clearance and I believe they were 30.00 for a queen set.
    Satine

• camlan
    10 years ago

Absolutely the softest sheets I've ever had were the jersey sheets from Land's End. It was like I got into bed and didn't even feel them. They didn't pill. (What happened was that they "accidentally" got packed in my brother's suitcase after he spent two weeks at my house, and he was mysteriously unable to find a way to ship them back to me.)

Just make sure you get a fairly high quality jersey sheet. I've read reviews of them and the $15 ones you can find at Kmart are not the same as the ones from The Company Store or Land's End.

• jshore
    10 years ago

I also love the Charisma sheets from Costco. They feel great and wash beautifully.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

I love 100% bamboo sheets for winter here in Maine, but I use 100% cotton in the summer, as it's cooler.

I have a young friend who sometimes bunks here when he's working around here. He built the half bath in my cellar, and I return the favor by letting him have his own little 'apartment' there. I wanted some new sheets for his bed, and I looked all over for something soft and with good reviews.

I've never bought microfiber sheets before, but these were inexpensive, so I ordered them, as all of the reviews were positive. When they arrived, I opened the zippered package and couldn't believe how soft they are. I haven't washed them yet, but the first review on Amazon says - 'I've slept much better since I bought these sheets, as which is amazing. They are so comfortable and soft. So cheap too. I didn't know what to expect for such a low price, but they feel amazing and so incredibly soft. They seem hardwearing too. I've washed them several times and they haven't fallen apart at all. All in all, I've found my perfect bed sheets! '

I've linked them below. A queen set is only $36.00.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mila Ultra Microfiber Bedding/Bed Sheets

• gwlolo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the recommendations. I am exploring microfiner and bamboo sheets. Unfortuately looks like the Amazon sheets are not available in white in queen.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

GWlolo, I came back to review them after washing them. They are incredible! They are thin, but so very soft, and non-wrinkled when I took them out of the dryer.

I just checked and it looks like the white IS available in Queen. They have 5 queen sets left in white as of this writing, and I have linked the white queen sets below. The only color that queen isn't available in right now is pink.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mila Ultra Microfiber white queen sheet set

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

Talk about timing - I just got a Groupon offer for microfiber sheet sets. The queen size set is $26.99 with free shipping. I can't speak to the quality of these, but for that price, I ordered a set to try.

This deal last for 4 day and 8 hours longer. I'm posting it at 4:15 PM EDT on Friday 7/12.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hotel New York Microfiber Embossed Dobby Stripe Sheet Set (Up to 74% Off). Multiple Colors Available. Free Shipping and Returns.