Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lookingonthebrightside

Update on My Mom

texanjana
11 years ago

First of all, thank you again for all of the thoughts, prayers, and advice for me regarding my mom and her broken hip. She was finally able to have surgery 7 days after she broke it. She stayed in the hospital for 3 more days, and is now in a rehab center. She is doing very well, working really hard and making good progress. Her attitude is so much better. During her hospital stay, my dad had a doctor's appt. and his doc was very concerned about his health. Anyway, she lined up some home health care, physical therapy, and meals on wheels for him and he is also doing much better. I think my mom's accident was a huge shock to him.

To top it off, my youngest brother had to have another surgery this week due to his colon cancer that was diagnosed in March. He is still in ICU, but should be moved to a room tomorrow. My aunt lives in his city, so she is there with him. I will go down this weekend.

I had to go back to work this week, but to tell you the truth it has been a big relief. I admire anyone who is or has been a caregiver!

Comments (5)