Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Update on My Mom

Posted by texanjana (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 20:28

First of all, thank you again for all of the thoughts, prayers, and advice for me regarding my mom and her broken hip. She was finally able to have surgery 7 days after she broke it. She stayed in the hospital for 3 more days, and is now in a rehab center. She is doing very well, working really hard and making good progress. Her attitude is so much better. During her hospital stay, my dad had a doctor's appt. and his doc was very concerned about his health. Anyway, she lined up some home health care, physical therapy, and meals on wheels for him and he is also doing much better. I think my mom's accident was a huge shock to him.

To top it off, my youngest brother had to have another surgery this week due to his colon cancer that was diagnosed in March. He is still in ICU, but should be moved to a room tomorrow. My aunt lives in his city, so she is there with him. I will go down this weekend.

I had to go back to work this week, but to tell you the truth it has been a big relief. I admire anyone who is or has been a caregiver!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Update on My Mom

Sounds like good news on all fronts with your parents ! I hope that your brother gets stable quickly and can get back home soon.

Taking care of your parents is a lot of emotional and physical work. But it is worth it. I had full care of my 92 yr old Dad in their home for 6 months and then Momma came and lived with us for 3 years. Her health had been neglected while Daddy was in need. We then discovered that she had lymphoma when she came to live in our home.

Take care of yourself and I hope that you can all spell each other and stay strong. c

o

Great news!!! You have a full plate, hon.

o

Oh my what a load you have right now!!! I do understand what you mean about work being a relief (or even sanity!) when all that is going on. Try to take care of you too. I am so glad to hear your mom is doing well after her surgery!

tina

o

Sounds like your mom and dad have some good support! What a blessing. I'm sure they feel very blessed to have your loving care and support above all!

So sorry about your little brother, Texanjana! Good to hear he was moved into a regular room and your auntie is with him. Surely, a visit from you will lift his spirits!

Take care of yourself, and hang in there, sweetie.

o

Thanks for letting us know how your parents are doing. I hope that there is continued improvement for everyone in your family. My thoughts are with you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here