Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellyeng

Anyone play Words With Friends?

kellyeng
10 years ago

I just started. If I had known that it's just scrabble, I would have started playing a long time ago.

I'm a little confused about etiquette or I guess gamesmanship.

I have a game going and it takes my opponent a couple days to play a word. We are pretty closely matched and I'm kind of excited to keep the play going but this slow pace is kind of taking the fun out of it.

On another game, we played only a couple of rounds and I scored a fabulous 77 points and my opponent just resigns the game!

I've also started a few games just to have them declined.

It would be so fun if someone would just play the darn game with me. I feel like a kid on a playground and no one will play with me!

These are anonymous players so maybe I should start playing real friends? Anyone with WWF experience?

Comments (16)

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

I usually have games going with 3-4 friends at a time. I am playing seven games with one friend! The rest, just one each. One of my friends usually takes her turn(s) once or twice a day. Another friend takes her turn maybe once every 3 days or so. So, everyone is different. I usually check my games once or twice a day. Perfect entertainment when waiting for kids in the car, for an appointment, or just having my morning coffee.

PS meant to say, these are "real life" friends, not random WWF anonymous players.

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

I play a similar game called Wordfeud. I have also played WWF, but I like Wordfeud better because it loads faster on my phone. Also, I play the international version and play with people all over the world.

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

is your wwf name the same as your GW username?

my dh plays and I asked if he wanted another player. He said yes, found kellyeng on wwf. Is that you?

• kellyeng
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Beekeeper, my UN is Sweetkellee. Thanks!

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

I'll tell him.

He loves to play. So many people stopped playing about a year or so ago.

He found someone with your GW username.....funny.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

I play it on FB. I have several games going at once, so someone is usually making a move. Sometimes the games go on for weeks. It's fun and good for the brain. I also play Qwiz Show and Candy Crush. CC makes me nuts. I should just quit that one.

• ellendi
    10 years ago

Dedtired, I'm with you on Candy Crush. I can't get past level 23.
    I am convinced that they make it nearly impossible so that you have to pay your way forward, which I refuse to do!

• ILoveRed
    10 years ago

I play, but on and off. I like to play with people I know. It is relaxing and fun. I am not so sure that random opponents aren't cheating. Yes, there are ways to cheat and that takes the fun out of it.

Mostly I play with my sister and a couple of long time friends. Less in the summer when my kids are home and more in the school year.

A few weeks ago my 11 yr old son started a bunch of games with random opponents on my IPad. I resigned the games and put a access code on my IPad.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Ellendi, I agree. I always get within a few candies of completing the level when I run out of moves. It is tempting to buy a few extra moves, but I refuse. However, I have made it this far without paying and they say 70 percent of all players make it to the end without paying, but I doubt it.

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

I play with three of my friends. One of them only plays a word every two weeks or so, but the other two will usually play at least one and sometimes more turns each night. I don't play with anonymous players for the very reasons you stated. I get too frustrated.

• yayagal
    10 years ago

I play with six people. Some of them answer in the same day and others don't. I'm going to pare down a bit as soon as I finish this round of them. Most of mine are friends and stick it out to the end. One is a nephew who is super at it. His words are always in the 20s and up to 68. The highest I ever had was 58 letter word. Kudos on your amazing highest.

• Vertise
    10 years ago

wow, that's pretty interesting. A day to play the next word. That would be too slow for me but I used to play Scrabble on Pogo and when I tried playing other users and they would get irritated, snap, even log out if you spent, like, a minute thinking, lol. I was even told to hurry up or don't play.

I haven't heard of Word so maybe I'll try that. Anytime I try to play Scrabble, Java warns that the software requires full access to my computer, so I don't want to use that software anymore anyway.

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

Anyone play scrabble through EA sports on phone or iPad? If so challenge me to a game. Screen name is sarcastic1.

• Lyban zone 4
    10 years ago

Are these apps that you are talking about.
    Or something else.
    Thanks

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

Scrabble and word with friends are apps

• kellyeng
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just wanted to report that DH is playing with me now and Mr. Beekeeper and I are playing two games right now. I'm whipping DH pretty good but Mr. B is a tough cookie!