Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Tieks: Size Up or Down?

User
9 years ago

I want to order a pair of vegan Tieks, a ballet flat that is produced in whole sizes only. The website says to size down unless you regularly size up...not sure how to interpret that. I'm a pretty standard size 8.5 shoe. Anyone else here size down for this particular shoe?

Here is a link that might be useful: Tieks

Comments (14)

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

After reading multiple blog entries and reviews about the Tieks, I decided to go up one size. I'll let you know how those feel when I get them.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks mitchdesi! I have a friend who wears almost nothing but these shoes, and she's on her feet a lot. Hotter brand shoes are also very comfy but their ballet flats are not as cute as these. Come back with a full report :-)

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

I definitely will !! I justify the price by telling myself that since I can't wear expensive sexy high heels, I save money over time .

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lol, true---you can buy several pair of Tieks for the cost of one Jimmy Choo. I think I must be in a tiny minority of people who don't like Choos shoes....in college we had a name for that kind of shoe!

• ellendi
    9 years ago

Order both! I was excited about Hotter but had to return what I ordered. I didn't like how they send padding. To make the shoe fit.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I like the polka dot and Brentwood vegan Tieks! I also love the leather floral ones but I have already a beautiful new pair of floral d'orsay flats and, well.....one pair of floral shoes is one thing.....

• lv_r_golden
    9 years ago

I love my Tieks. I have the classic (non-vegan) black leather. I have a friend with patents and vegan and classic. I have kind of long narrow feet (with a bit more normal width heel) and wear a 9, occasionally an 8.5 in a sandal to get it narrower. I bought a 9 and it seemed a bit gappy and wide at first but after they warm up on your feet they seem to shape to your feet. They are still a bit wide so my foot is less stable walking than in some flats (ie Tory Burch Revas) but I recently took them to Wash DC and walked miles in hot humid weather and I was happy for the extra space in them.

My friend has wide feet with narrow heels and wears a 8.5 or 9 and bought 9s. Her experience is the classic (yes, leather) mold to your feet much better than the fabric ones, they are cute but fabric is never going to fit like leather. She bought the patent for a wedding after knee surgery and they don't fit as well either.

I don't really have bunions but have a slight bit of a bone there and they do hit on that, I was just talking Tieks a couple of days ago with the friend mentioned above and she said she found the same thing. Both of us have to kind of move the shoe with your hand every once in awhile, it kind of grabs there. More on one foot than the other for me.

Their service and packaging is great. I am looking at more - can't decide between Cobalt and CA Navy....I like the Sunset Stripe but really doubt they would fit well.

The other thing that is not totally clear until looking at them in real life is they all have a bit of brown between the sole and shoe at the heel end...cute signature details, but to me, that and the bright soles and stripe up the back makes them rather casual looking.

I would give them a 4-4.5 out of 5 and will likely buy at least one more pair.

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

mine are scheduled for delivery today !!!!!!

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

I sized up and they were way too big, reordered in my size,
    will keep you posted.

• sixsisters
    7 years ago

Hi @mitchdesj - how did your reordered normal size fit? I'm so dying for a pair before my trip to Ireland in the Fall.

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I sized up from 8.5 to 9 and they are perfect...five pair later!

• sixsisters
    7 years ago

@kswl2 thanks for your comment. I wear an 8 in most shoes, 8.5 in booties - I'm wondering if I should order an 8 or 9...

• Penny Chambers
    7 years ago

Too small! I am a half size and ordered down. Need to send them back.