|I've used PB for years now and have been relatively happy with it until recently. I'm not crazy about the fee of $2.99 I pay every month now to store my photos there. But, it's convenient to access them quickly and easily to post here. |
I'm wondering if I'm missing some bit of PB information. My concern is that, once I download a photo into my PB, I can crop it, enhance it, etc. but I can't copy it and use it someplace else. I don't want to let PB have access to my Facebook account (and all of my FB friend's accounts and emails). If I want to email a photo that I have stored in my PB account to someone, it shows up as a link to my PB account, not the actual photo. I recently tried to use some of my photos in a personalized Father's Day card I was making for my dad, and I couldn't use them!
1) Am I missing some simple info on how to do this?
|I just went to my photobucket (Free) albums. I honestly did not know people pay for Photobucket. I have hundreds of pictures in my account. |
I am on on iPad using the photobucket app.
When you click on a picture Do you see the little thingy that looks like a portable harddrive up where the links and email icon is? Click on it and you should be able to download the picture onto your device.
When I opened a picture I was able to download it into my 'saved photos' on my iPad.
On our PC the photos go automatically into our Picassa account. Also free.
|I don't pay either, Lynn but I seem to have a different option to download a photo than ML. when I click on a picture there is a 2 column grouping of options to the right under Media Options. Download is one of the options there - you don't have that? |
I've become very cautions with all the various online/cloud options as they seem to change their rules on a whim whether you are paying for the service or not. I store things in Photobucket for convenience but also have them in files on my computer and backed up from there. I just don't have enough confidence to allow any source (other than me) to be the only storage source.
|I used to use photobucket but gave up on it about five years ago because it was so darned difficult to use and was basically featureless---- even the paid version. I switched to smugmug and never looked back. If you are paying Lynn, there are lots of better options available.|
|Thanks for that info. I'm going to check out Smugmug and Picassa, as I am so ready to leave Photobucket! |
|Lynn, I have a free PB account. My albums are locked. If you have yours locked, then that's why you can't share them with a link via email. |
We have a WD My Cloud, which sits on a shelf in our library as a back up to all our photos. I also save them to thumb drives for convenience. Even though I can access our cloud from anywhere I have internet access, I don't like that you have to chose each time to see the photos in thumbnails instead of file names. Maybe in the distant future when I have all my photos named, I can find them via a quick search, but even then they show up as file names and I have to click to see what they are. It's still better than worrying about losing them.
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here