Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ms_thrifty

about clothing

ms-thrifty
10 years ago

I am just starting to do more actually looking and comparing, but am discovering something that makes sense to me--This I have just concluded after some recent purchase-as You can guess by my user name on here I am a thrifty shopper. also having a bit more shopping time recently, purging my closet and updating things--WELL here is what I am finding-(now keep in mind this is just a few things) but the exact same items appear in different stores with different prices and different labels. Now I am thinking there are just so many of those China, etc. factories,, so like maybe ABC company orders a few hundred - say womens ankle pants in a color and style..distributes it to like Macys, then another distributer orders lots of same, and sells wholesale to some smaller chain stores and the overloads end up on 6pm.com or Ross and Marshalls--most of these items have off brand names, but the ones at Macys may have names like Charter Club, style and company,etc. So basically what I am saying is things are very mass produced and different labels are put into different batches of the same garments.

Comments (4)