Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ms_thrifty

new style-what do you think

ms-thrifty
10 years ago

latest style in womens pants-saw these in Marshalls a couple of weks ago. They are called crossover trousers. first thing came to mind was the mens pants in the Shakespere costumes. What do you think? You know that is what they look like and held up with belts or rope like cords, before the invention of buttons or zippers.

Comments (19)

• runninginplace
    10 years ago

Oh my, I can't think of anything less flattering to more women! Even for someone with abs of steel, it's not great. But for anyone with ANY tummy...ack.

• jlj48
    10 years ago

awful. simply awful.

• ms-thrifty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

yeh, running in place-my other thoughts exactly. When I was looking at them in marshalls there were 2 other women there when I said they looked like the mens in Shakespere times, we all had a big laugh. I just found this posted on another forum-the Youlookfab.com one. Some on there seem to wear anything that is the latest style no matter what it looks like.

• nancybee_2010
    10 years ago

ugh. Ugly and so uncomfortable looking!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Yuck. Why not make me look even fatter?

• Olychick
    10 years ago

They look like those pants (harem, maybe?) which make the wearer look as tho' she's walking around with a (ahem)..."load" in her pants, only this one is in the front...oh, after she shrank them in the dryer.

• caminnc
    10 years ago

Ewwwwww, WHY?

• kellyeng
    10 years ago

I think the first time I saw that style was on Project Runway when one of the designers was trying to cover a mistake!

• neetsiepie
    10 years ago

Lord, I sincerely hope that's not a new style. I can't imagine what the buyers were thinking when they ordered those. I think they'll end up on the clearance rack before too long.

• yayagal
    10 years ago

They'll be on the clearance rack until the last day the store exists lol.

• rosesstink
    10 years ago

If you saw them in Marshall's I think they have already failed to find a following. With good reason!

• luckygal
    10 years ago

Well, I guess designers always have to come up with something new but IMO that is not a winner! While I like unusual fashions I could never wear anything so unflattering.

• redcurls
    10 years ago

Yuck! On the other hand, for that style I can give up my exercise routine. uh....NO, not even worth that!

• anele_gw
    10 years ago

Looks like someone thought of what would be flattering, and then designed the opposite.

A little diaper-esque.

• chickadee2_gw
    10 years ago

Talk about getting your knickers in a twist. Those look like they'd be pretty annoying to wear.

• Miz_M
    10 years ago

I can't think of anyone in this world those would look good on. While I'd welcome a style change from shinny jeans/hip huggers/seeing butt cracks ... these are not it!

• jakabedy
    10 years ago

I think I had some pants like that in about 1983. They haven;'t improved with age.

• golddust
    10 years ago

Yuck. Maybe that is why they showed up at Marshals.

• texanjana
    10 years ago

Ugh. Sure - fire way to accentuate my "problem areas."