Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21006250

fillers

User
10 years ago

I posted this as a response to the skin care question but
thought I should start a new thread on fillers.

I have great skin, smooth, clear, no wrinkles/lines, I am 59. I have been religious about using sunscreen since my early twenties. I started using vitamin C serum and Retin A in my early forties. Always washed my face before going to bed no matter late I partied that night. My only problem is under eye circles.I have no wrinkles or crows feet, puffiness at all only these damn circles. My mom had these so maybe it is hereditary. I recently bought a product called nanoblur which blurs the circles. Works pretty good but I still think about getting fillers but I am afraid to climb that slippery slope. Anyone here get fillers under the eyes?

Comments (8)

• joshuasamah
    10 years ago

I had Juvederm under my eyes but not for dark circles. I love it, didn't hurt, no bruising and it has lasted over a year. I thought I had developed dark circles in the area just above my cheek bone, but it was really a shadow from the area losing volume. Once I got the filler it went away.

HTH

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Once the filler wears off, does it make the area look worse by stretching the skin out. That is one of my concerns. Have you continued with the fillers?

• joshuasamah
    10 years ago

Roseabbey-I haven't had any problem with the skin stretching out. The amount used is very small so the lines are just softened from underneath, the skin doesn't ever feel stretched out. I have used fillers for about 4 years and very happy and natural looking, just softens the lines.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks joshuasamah

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

I Googled - under eye fillers before and after. there's more going on in some of the photos but lots of info. And if you follow to sites from various photos,, there's even more.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fillers

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the link dlm. I have tried to read up on this as much as I can but hearing from somone first hand helps. I know much of the success of fillers probably is due to the injector's ability.

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

I have "old lady" hands, thin skin, bony and with prominent veins. I had a filler injected last year. They look better, but still not as plump as I would like them. I think that would take about 10 syringes to accomplish...lol. I think that I will probably have to have it redone eventually. I also want to look into the under eye fillers.

• Boopadaboo
    10 years ago

I have never heard of them! I could not imagine what you were asking about. the link was helpful. There are a few things I would like to get done, but not sure I would actually ever do them. I don't think fillers would be one though. I would be afraid of what the chemicals would do to my system. that is just me though. I have been working to reduce chemicals in my products.