Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

Craigslist doozies

dedtired
9 years ago

We have laughed before at some of the funny mistakes on Craigslist, such as rot iron and chester drawers. I just found one I never saw before.

Someone is selling a peddle stool table. LOL. Craigslist can be very entertaining!

Comments (21)

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

peddle stool...... took me a minute!!!

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Oh, no, that's so sad...amusing, but sad.

• Olychick
    9 years ago

It really is a sad commentary on our education system...even the auto correct is programmed by humans, so I don't think we can always blame it - or don't people proofread? There is a Costco Fuseball table for sale on mine today....(foosball).

• dedtired
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I guess it was just a matter of hearing it wrong. It sounds very similar and "peddle" and "stool" are both real words. You'd think an adult would have seen it in print by this time.

Fuseball. Funny.

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

It took me a second to get that one dedtired. Then I had to laugh at it.
    Love the fuseball table too. Oh the memories of of putting a quarter down and playing all night long. My friend Debbi and I were one heck of a team. Most guys got a kick out of it, but there were some that would keep getting in line hoping to beat us. I doubt my wrists would allow me to be anywhere near as good of a goalie as I once was.

• TxMarti
    9 years ago

I had to say peddle stool out loud before I got it. lol

I'm often tempted to call one of these ads and ask a question about their dinning table.

My biggest peeve lately is a home decor tv show (located in Canada) where the woman constantly says "these ones." Too bad there isn't a paid position for grammar or spelling police somewhere. lol

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    9 years ago

From the Maine CL this AM -

Free couch. Boyfriend negotiable.

Couch was used by a restaurant and was given to me free. It is quite sturdy and comfortable, but the "pleather" is peeling and it doesn't look awesome.

The boyfriend was also used by a previous owner and was also free. He is also quite sturdy and comfortable, but since it took 6 months to get the couch to the curb, it might take you longer to coax him into your car/truck. He really likes this neighborhood and may never leave. I've tried. Good luck.

I'll take this ad down when the couch is gone.

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

Ha ha ha! I think I'll pass on both m3d..

• dedtired
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That's a riot. Love a person with a good sense of humor.

"These ones" -- aargh.

• amicus
    9 years ago

Haha, I think Brad Pitt would get a kick out of this!

• User
    9 years ago

These were eBay, not craigslist but still...........or maybe it's just me. $300 and they're yours. BOTH of them.

Hollywood Regency style end tables painted a cool orchid with a pop of gold hardware. These are sure to add touch of mid century glamour to any home! Each piece measures 21" H x 22" W x 29" D with one dove tail drawer. Set of 2 for $300.

Here is a link that might be useful: Please, not orchid!

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

YUCK!

• nhb22
    9 years ago

Anyone want to run out and buy this last item off of CL (picture #4)?

Here is a link that might be useful: ???

This post was edited by newhomebuilder on Mon, Nov 10, 14 at 17:33

• chibimimi
    9 years ago

Sorry, newhome, I'm holding out for the rot iron furniture! So decadent!

• 4boys2
    9 years ago

Newhome ~ Keep scrolling to the outdoor furniture..

• nhb22
    9 years ago

Yikes! Needles, rot, coolers and a frig. I am staying away from that place. :) Sounded like a great place to go for Halloween, however.

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

Need a fridge? It's lig.... legi.... owned. I burst out laughing as I have never seen this noun used as an adverb.

Here is a link that might be useful: True fridge: really, it's his.

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Too funny! Attached at the....hip? knee? How did they find that word to describe ownership?

• User
    9 years ago

It's the brand name of the fridge. It's for a convenience store or farmer's market type thing.

Here is a link that might be useful: True fridge

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

I was talking about the word 'ligamently' that was used to describe ownership, and I think that was what tomatofreak was laughing about. I can see the brand name 'True'.

• User
    9 years ago

Oh, sorry. I smiled really big at that, too. Hope he didn't hurt himself.