Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
outsideplaying_gw

Monday was Bastille Day - Where's Trailrunner?

If I recall correctly, Trailrunner and her DH were to hit Paris on Bastille Day. Maybe they are still out biking somewhere, but we haven't heard from her in a while and I imagine they are having fun, tired, and probably haven't had internet coverage out in the French countryside. Hope all is well, and can't wait to see the photos of the fabulous trip.

Comments (11)

• blfenton
    9 years ago

I was thinking about her over the last couple of days as well and was wondering how they were doing. Hope and trust that they are well and having a great trip.

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

Funny, I was thinking of her the other day, too!

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

me too !

• User
    9 years ago

Hello ! We did finish the trip on Bastille Day in downtown Nantes by the huge electronic elephant ! The trip was exciting and tiring and really a challenge in MANY ways. DH was a CHAMP ! He had never ridden a bike more than 3 days in a row....and he did 45 days with only 2 days off !! He is AMAZING !! It ended up being over 2500 kilometers ! Lots of hills in Austria/Germany/Switzerland. Not so much in France at all as we were in the Loire Valley the whole time. We spent 2 nights in Nantes and packed our bikes and took the train to Paris/Amsterdam. We are in Nederhorst den berg for 3 nights and then we move on...3 nights in 5 different areas of Holland staying in B and B's and then some nights at our nephew's home in den Haag. He is living here for his work with his wife and children.

I haven't had much time to post and my pics are all in iphoto and have yet to be downloaded into photobucket. When I get some time I will try and post .

Thank you for thinking about me ;) I appreciate it and miss my friends here on GW. We will be back home Aug. 5th. We left home May 26 th ! A long time away but what an adventure. I do have legs of STEEL !! And arms too....carring a bike bag with a disassembled bike and your other stuff too is WAY harder than riding it loaded on the bike and train stations in France/Holland have NO carts unless you can get a porter. I hope I can keep up the muscles when I get home :) :) More later !! c

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Thanks for the update......you both sound like troopers. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

how nice to hear you are well and happy !!

• outsideplaying_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to let us know you and DH are well and having a great time! Enjoy the remainder of your trip and let us know when you're back in Bama! You rock!!

• ellendi
    9 years ago

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

So happy that you and R have been enjoying the ride (both literally and metaphorically)!!!!! :)

• User
    9 years ago

Cannot wait to see the photos and read the trip report, C----- You are as amazing as your DH!

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

Thank you so much for the update! My daughter is anxiously awaiting pics as she is a huge Les Mis fan and would love to see the elephant!