Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancybee_2010

royal baby on its way!

nancybee_2010
10 years ago

Have you heard? She has gone into labor. I am excited about it for some reason. I remember what a big deal it was when William was born!

Comments (36)

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

I am also excited! I am thinking girl, but regardless their child will be adorable.

• natesgram
    10 years ago

I wish Diana was here, she would be a terrific grandmother.

• amj0517
    10 years ago

I'm excited too, but I can't help but feel a bit sorry for the parents. When my first baby was born I had a waiting room full of family, just waiting for me to hurry up and have the baby. I felt so much pressure to have the baby quickly (silly, I know, but that is how I felt). I can't even begin to imagine how Kate must feel, knowing that the whole world is waiting.

• nancybee_2010
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I agree with all of you.

I did read that she would be bringing along her "birth plan" and her breathing exercises. That made me smile- a lot of good those breathing exercises did, at least for me!

• golddust
    10 years ago

Yup. I'm excited too. It seems (from a big distance) that William took his Mom's life lessons to heart and married for love. Hoping for a girl, expecting a boy.

As far as her birth plan, I supported my GD not to bother with the classes. She had Spenser without medication and without falling apart. We are not screamers. Lol.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

It's a boy! 8 lbs. 6 oz. which is pretty good-sized considering she was not that big.

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

Indeed gscience, a hefty size baby !!

• nancybee_2010
    Original Author
    10 years ago

awwww... I'm happy for them. That is a pretty big baby!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I'm guessing it's time for an Edward.

Kate certainly has done her job providing the monarchy with the next male heir. Well done!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Won't be an Edward, I'll wager. The royal family is not fond of Edward VIII (first name was David, so that is probably out as well) whose abdication led to Elizabeth's father becoming king. His premature death was said to be partly due to the stress of becoming and being king. She never appeared to forgive him.

James Philip Michael (Kate's dad's name) George maybe-he will get four names. Betting he will be a cutie no matter what they name him.

• kswl2
    10 years ago

The best coverage of this event was in the British satire magazine Private Eye, with their headline: "Woman Has Baby"

I confess to being a diehard American.

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

I'm just happy this particular couple had a healthy baby and I wish them well, as I do other couples, royals or not.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Funny kwsl. Like that.

I did notice, after hearing so many reports mentioning Diana and seeing a picture from when William was born, that Kate left the hospital in a dress that echoed the one worn by his mom when he was born. I thought that was sweet.

• Olychick
    10 years ago

Do you think the parents had a matching pink dress and shirt had the baby been a girl? Or maybe they knew he was a boy and only prepared with blue outfits for themselves?

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

If they planned to that detail (matching their clothes to sex of child), that would be pretty silly, imho. Who does that???? Honoring his mom with a similar color and pattern on her dress is different, I think.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Maybe they will be very modern and name him Aiden Kaden Jayden Hayden Cambridge.

Kswl, I saw that headline and have to admit I got a giggle. On the other hand I sat watching a side door to a hospital on tv for over an hour just to catch a glimpse of the baby. I am a sucker for this stuff and I am a huge Diana fan. I wish so much that she had lived to see this day.

• User
    10 years ago

I hope they learn how to use a car seat properly. Might as well have carried him home on their lap.

• April101
    10 years ago

CL, that's funny. I thought the same thing as well!

• dedtired
    10 years ago

I have no clue how to use a car seat. The car seats of today did not exist when my kids were young. I stuck them on the seat next to me in a plastic infant seat and stuck my arm out when I hit the brakes.

And I did bring them home from the hospital on my lap!

Wow, he sure is red! Wills was right when he said he has a good set of lungs, judging by this picture.

• golddust
    10 years ago

They wouldn't allow that around here. One must bring the car seat inside the hospital to make sure it is properly adjusted before giving a lesson on how to properly install the car seat. They won't let you leave the hospital with the baby.

When my niece had twins, she had to buy preemie seats because they were five pounders at birth. They would not approve the infant seats she bought because they weighed a full pound under the weight range for the infant seats. $$$$.

The Royals are setting a poor example for others.

• lyfia
    10 years ago

I think everybody needs to realize that they have the baby in an approved seat for their country and it looks like it could be the European Britax. The car seats in Europe are very different even in how they are installed and their usage.

I have to say I was very hesitant about the seat my niece was in and we ended up using as I couldn't fasten the one we brought for my daughter properly. At least it was rear facing. The above one looks to be like the one she was in.

Just very different design on the harness and installation than what I was used to.

I do think the baby shouldn't be swaddled in there though and have the harness over both shoulders, but my guess is they were just carrying the child and fixed it once in the car. I used to loosen things up when the seat was not in the car for my daughter.

Nevermind not the Britax as it is missing the logo on the head cushion, but the general look is that of my nieces chair which was a Britax.

This post was edited by lyfia on Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 22:21

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

It won't happen, but it would be nice if they named him Spencer.

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

That would be nice dlm. Also because that's my son's name. :)

• kswl2
    10 years ago

dedtired, what a great name!!! LOL! About as likely as Bubba :-)

Also agree with comment above that British /European car seats are different in their method of attachment, I did see the news clip of them taking the infant into the car and it looked to me as though the dad fastened something at the bottom of the carseat--it was not sitting unsecured. And they don't have to face backwards.

I really doubt these educated Britons don't know how to use a car seat.

• nancybee_2010
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It would be nice if they named him Spencer. Maybe it will be his middle name.

I hope Kate has a happier life than Diana did.

Basing this on nothing, Kate looks more genuinely happy than Diana did- I think Diana was a little unbalanced to begin with and what happened in their marriage and the stress of being a public figure made her even unhappier. I know, this is pure speculation!

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

They said William practiced with the empty car seat. They are apparently visiting Kate's hometown today.

Now we just have to wait on the name. It has to be odd to have such a limited choice of names. Plus don't they have like 4 names?

Newsflash: Just saw George Alexander Louis. I would have really like Alexander as a first name.

This post was edited by gsciencechick on Wed, Jul 24, 13 at 13:45

• golddust
    10 years ago

I like the name George. It was at the top of our considerations for Max. Max won because he maxed us out, financially and emotionally. His birth mom almost changed her mind. Every time we visited him at the hospital, she would call for him to be with her.

Spenser is my great grandsons name. It took awhile for his name to grow on me. His nick name is 'Spin' because he is so active.

• Vertise
    10 years ago

I've never cared for the name George. Do like Alexander and Alex. I guess King George does sound better than King Alexander. Actually, King William doesn't sound so good either.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I'm sorry they named the baby George and think it's insulting to Americans...after all, look what the last King George did to us! And he was a nut case.

• nancybee_2010
    Original Author
    10 years ago

annie, could you elaborate? I'm afraid I don't know anything about King George!

• User
    10 years ago

There was more than one King George. King George VI is probably who they named him after Elizabeth's father. Who was friends with the president.

Quote from wikipedia

The fear that George would be compared unfavourably to his predecessor, Edward VIII, was dispelled.[59] They visited the 1939 New York World's Fair and stayed with President Franklin D. Roosevelt at the White House and at his private estate at Hyde Park, New York.[60] A strong bond of friendship was forged between the King and Queen and the President during the tour, which had major significance in the relations between the United States and the United Kingdom through the ensuing war years.[61][62]

• dedtired
    10 years ago

King Bubba, now that does have a nice ring to it.

My goodness, that baby is getting shuffled about in his first few days. From hospital to the palace and now on to Bucklebury.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Nancybee, I think Annie was referring to George III against whom we revolted in the 18th c. I suspect her comment was tongue-in-cheek.

• nancybee_2010
    Original Author
    10 years ago

oh, I get it (duh)!

and thanks for the info on George VI, clblakey.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

My bad...I'd forgotten there were other George's since King George III.

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

Rest a ease folks !!
    Snaps into base that was pre-installed .
    Facing backwards.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz