Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emeraldisle624

Test Results Are In---All NORMAL!

emeraldisle624
9 years ago

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers and reassurance on my last thread regarding my Panorama test with insufficient fetal dna.

The nurse called me yesterday and said everything is normal! I was so afraid the test would be invalid again.

She has the gender on the results but I want to wait now until our next big ultrasound at the end of the month. After all the reading I did online, I'm still skeptical about this test so I want to see everything with my own eyes and have my DH with me when we find out. :)

Trying to take a deep breath (hard with this big belly these days!) and patiently wait the next few weeks till our next ultrasound. I'll be at the magical halfway point and hopefully it will be smooth sailing from there. All this waiting and waiting is for the birds though...

Thanks so much for sharing in all of this with me and being so supportive to me. I told my DH I couldn't wait to tell you all, the GW aunties.

Comments (35)

• tinam61
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wonderful news!!! So glad you shared.

tina

• 2ajsmama
    9 years ago

Great news! When is the u/s scheduled? You know it's hard for us to wait too ;-)

So are you going to finally tell people IRL, or are you going to wait until after the u/s? Must be getting very hard to hide!

• gsciencechick
    9 years ago

Yay! Thanks for the update, You're still feeling pretty well, then?

• sc_irish
    9 years ago

So glad to hear the update. You do know that we 'aunties' hold our collectives breaths as well, don't you? Each new phase, we are going thru it with you. And share your excitement. When will you tell your real-life friends....at the end of this month?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Wahoo!!!!

• emeraldisle624
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks ladies!

I go on the 31st, mark your calendars LOL!

I feel wonderful, never ever had a symptom in all this time. Sometimes I don't even remember I'm pregnant until my bump gets in the way. I'm not huge yet, just bigger than I want my body to be!

I'm not planning on telling anyone else unless I have to (I know that sounds so weird). We live quite a ways from family and our close friends already know. I don't do Facebook and already have forbid (!) anyone to ever post pics or anything about my personal life on their page (I'm such a witch!). I don't do well with a million questions from people and don't really want to do a play-by-play every day with people and my pregnancy. I'm anxious enough without that!

What I would really like to do is....show up for Christmas dinner and have a baby in my arms with people asking who this little bundle is. I don't think I can get away with that though. :)

• emeraldisle624
    Original Author
    9 years ago

p.s. The questions and sharing part above does NOT include my Gardenweb friends. :)

• ellendi
    9 years ago

Great news. Thanks for the update. We all look forward to your updates!

• yayagal
    9 years ago

Fantastic, the rest is all smooth sailing. Sit back, eat bon bons and go shopping for baby clothes. Best time of your life.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Woo hoo! So glad all is A-OK. Now relax and enjoy the next few months readying yourselves and the house for your little bundle.

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

What wonderful news!! And how exciting that you CAN keep it a secret in this day and age. We're so proud of you for sticking it out. Wow, I'll be an auntie again! Liking that idea already.

• amicus
    9 years ago

So happy for you emerald! I can't wait to find out whether it's a boy or girl! Either way, he or she will be one amazingly loved little baby...by you and your hubby and your families and friends, and all of us HERE as well!

• legomom23
    9 years ago

Truly great news!! So so happy for you!

• ILoveRed
    9 years ago

Good news. I can't remember...does your mother know about your pregnancy?

• blfenton
    9 years ago

Oh I am so glad that everything is normal. Normal is always good.

We hold our collective breath with you. Will you tell us the sex? I promise not to tell anyone!

• lovestowalk
    9 years ago

Wonderful and exciting news!! Thanks for the update.

• lovestowalk
    9 years ago

Sorry ... double post.

This post was edited by lovestowalk on Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 14:56

• CaroleOH
    9 years ago

Wonderful news!! You are so disciplined, knowing the gender is on the result sheet but waiting until the end of the month! I'm so excited to learn whether its a little boy or girl.

Next discussion will be baby names!

• emeraldisle624
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you again, everyone! I feel so much relief after the month of waiting since the first test was done...I couldn't wait to hear from them praying it would all be ok and valid results.

I will definitely tell you all the sex of the baby when we find out. :) I keep calling the baby him/her as I can't bear to call him/her "it" as it's already a little person to me!

My mom does know about my pregnancy, I told her the day we went to my dad's memorial mass. I have only seen her once since then at my cousin's bridal shower and she didn't ask me anything about it which is fine with me. Our family is very drama filled and weird. She nor my dad ever asked me about my cancer treatment either for the almost 2 years that I was going through all of that stuff. I would volunteer some things as I was stressed over it but they never asked about my results I was waiting for, etc. I'm also not sure my parents really cared to be grandparents and this will be the first (and maybe only) grandchild. I am not sure my sister or my brother and his wife will ever have children.

The only ones who know are my mom, my in-laws (who I keep at a distance for various reasons), my brother and his wife, my aunt and a few close friends. I don't get along with my sister and really can't share any of this with her as somehow everything becomes all about her (talk about stressful). I'm not close with my husband's sister or brother and really can't deal with them either. No one cared when we were going through all of our fertility treatments and this baby is so extra precious to me that I almost selfishly want him/her all to ourselves at least for the pregnancy part. Plus I'm still so anxious until the baby is born and in my arms. It all still seems too good to be true.

I didn't realize I just went so far off on a tangent just being asked about my mom! I've had a couple of tough weeks, missing my dad and all. I've gone from the "sad, mourning daughter" to the "angry, regretful daughter" wishing to turn back time and say things and resolve things that will never be settled in my lifetime. I tried so hard for this not to happen to me, trying to make peace knowing things with my dad were the way they were at the time he passed away. Good or bad, my dad and I had close and distant streaks in our relationship and he died during a bad one and that will never change. I had a lifelike dream about him last week and it really rattled my cage when I woke up. I cried all day long missing him. We went to the cemetery the next day but he's not there, he's in an urn at my mother's house and I didn't want to go there. He won't be buried at the cemetery until my mother passes away someday and he's in with her. It would be a whole other thread filled with more family drama. Ugh. But I had to try to find solace somewhere so I went to my other sister's grave and talked to him through her.

My egg transfer was done the same time that he was home dying (I didn't know this until just before that he died when I was on my way to o/r for my embryos) so I've been carrying so many emotions since that day with a huge range of happiness and sadness. I need to find a happy medium.

• funnygirl
    9 years ago

Oh, such wonderful news Emerald! So very, very happy for you.

I remember hearing someone once say that you have two chances at a good parent/child relationship; one with your parents and one with your own child(ren) and it is so true. I didn't have a great relationship with my parents and thought long and hard before deciding to have children because I was so afraid I would be like my mother. But that all changed once I saw our firstborn for the first time. Being a parent was the best thing that ever happened to me, and the relationship with my parents became less important. Becoming a mom made me realize it was my parents who had the problems rather than me as they had always suggested. My focus and joy in life was found my children and husband and the relationship with my parents became almost inconsequential.

Enjoy every moment of the rest of your pregnancy. Can't wait for further updates!

• dedtired
    9 years ago

Wow -- normal is great. It's what we all want -- to be normal!!

Sorry for all the family drama. It's a shame they are not there for support but it sounds like you have a winner in your DH.

But -- as soon as you are ready to tell the world -- ENJOY this pregnancy! Put pictures of the ultrasound in your office or on the refrigerator. If someone offers to have a shower for you, do it! Then go register for everything you want. I hope the shower will be over the top and you will be the Queen Mommy Bee. Buy cute maternity outfits. Park in the space reserved for Expectant Moms Only. Eat pickles and ice cream. Decorate the nursery to within an inch of its life. Buy every baby doodad in the world. Just revel in the whole experience. You've earned it.

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

What fabulous news! So glad for the update. Give your baby a non-gender specific nickname so you don't have to use him/her/it in reference. We did that with our kids but we chose not to know gender so the names were used through the whole pregnancy. And it was cute at the showers because gifts were given to their nicknames!

• mboston_gw
    9 years ago

So very happy to hear your news today. As everyone has said, enjoy every moment of your pregnancy, even that growing baby bump! Wear it proud!

Mary

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

What good news !! so happy for you, you can rest more easily now !!

• 2ajsmama
    9 years ago

I remember you posting about your dad. So sorry about all the family weirdness. But you can still talk to your dad without going to be with his ashes - he's not there anymore, he's everywhere. Hope you can work it out.

I agree about pampering yourself and enjoying this pregnancy to the max. Lucky you not feeling sick.

About nicknames - definitely! We always did in our family. Just pick a good one b/c it may follow him/her forever.

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Wonderful news! Sorry to hear about your Dad, but at least that relationship cannot hurt you any longer.......your new family can be built on your carefully considered values, not those of,your family of origin. Enjoy the remainder of your pregnancy with confidence!

• caminnc
    9 years ago

So happy to hear your great news!

Just try to remember that all the stressful things you have been through with your family will help you be a better Mom. It hurts at the time but it teaches you what not to do.

• ILoveRed
    9 years ago

I agree..it teaches you what not to do.

• melsouth
    9 years ago

I'm very happy and relieved for you. Congratulations!!!
    I'm probably one of the worst at waiting for test results; I just hate it.
    I'm so, so glad you've got your results.

About the parent thing, others have already given you so many wise words.
    I'll add this.
    I think having regrets after a parent dies is to be expected, whether the relationship is bad or good.
    I definitely had regrets after my father's death about our relationship.
    I didn't understand him, and we didn't have much in common.
    Plus, he had anger issues. Large ones.
    I do get why he was angry, and he had a right to be angry.
    But HIS children didn't deserve his anger.

I have a great relationship with my mother, but I'll still have regrets when she's gone, mostly about not making more of an effort to spend time with her.

A friend (who had lost a child and her parents) told me once that she knew she had loved her children unconditionally and had done everything she possibly could for them, so she had no regrets concerning them.
    She said that she did regret not having spent more time with her parents and not having done more for them while she still could have.

• mboston_gw
    9 years ago

Bumping this up and praying that you have been too busy to post.

Us Aunties are here for you, please check in.

• blfenton
    9 years ago

Great minds - I was thinking about emeraldisle today as well.

• lilsophie
    9 years ago

I have been thinking of her for days. Hope she posts soon. I'm praying for good news :)

• ellendi
    9 years ago

Add me to the list…..;)

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

she said upthread that she was going on the 31st, for another ultrasound ?

• loribee
    9 years ago

Wondering, too...

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!